Roadhouse 2024

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I saw Roadhouse when it came out. Don't really remember much of it.

I was chatting with some other movie freaks last week and some of them brought up some good points about remakes.

Take Spielberg remaking West Side Story for instance. Ridiculous, you should never remake a classic. What he made was unwatchable. And the man sure knows a lot about making movies. But several people brought up a good point. "If you're going to spend money producing a remake, take a movie that people really liked, but wasn't too good, and remake that.Then you might have something really good."

I thought that was a good take on the subject. I hope they do a good job and people that liked the original like the new one.

I watched Beverly Hills Cop a few days ago on a nice rainy day here. Loved it, it was a lot of fun. So well cast, too.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw Roadhouse when it came out. Don't really remember much of it.

I was chatting with some other movie freaks last week and some of them brought up some good points about remakes.

Take Spielberg remaking West Side Story for instance. Ridiculous, you should never remake a classic. What he made was unwatchable. And the man sure knows a lot about making movies. But several people brought up a good point. "If you're going to spend money producing a remake, take a movie that people really liked, but wasn't too good, and remake that.Then you might have something really good."

I thought that was a good take on the subject. I hope they do a good job and people that liked the original like the new one.

I watched Beverly Hills Cop a few days ago on a nice rainy day here. Loved it, it was a lot of fun. So well cast, too.
Usually, I don't have much issue with sequels/prequels. But remakes of great classics are most often a train wreck in the making.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just watched the trailer for the new Roadhouse.

Oh, God, I’m hooked.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have seen half of the movie yesterday. Solid B class.
Gyllenhaal ripped as f..., Mc Gregor's back is as wide as a three-door wardrobe

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have seen half of the movie yesterday. Solid B class.
Gyllenhaal ripped as f..., Mc Gregor's back is as wide as a three-door wardrobe
What a great line. Damn near spilled my beer.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Watched it last night. You guys. It’s really not very good. A few highlights and not the worst movie I’ve seen. But it is dark where all of the main characters are sadistic psychopaths. Gyllenhaal has a few moments, but mostly just seems unhinged. And Conor Macgregor’s cartoonish performance is just not fun to watch. It felt like he was trying to channel Kurgan energy from Highlander and fell way short.

Is it B movie? Yes.

is it a bad movie? Yes

Is it a good bad movie? I don’t think so.

Is it worth watching? Well, I’d say no. I should have watched the F1 practice session instead. Would have been a more enjoyable 2 hours.

MuayJitsu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Decent action movie. McGregor is as awful as you’d expect.…but could be worse….if this was 2015 we may have had Ronda rousey playing his character…

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Watched it last night. You guys. It’s really not very good. A few highlights and not the worst movie I’ve seen. But it is dark where all of the main characters are sadistic psychopaths. Gyllenhaal has a few moments, but mostly just seems unhinged. And Conor Macgregor’s cartoonish performance is just not fun to watch. It felt like he was trying to channel Kurgan energy from Highlander and fell way short.

Is it B movie? Yes.

is it a bad movie? Yes

Is it a good bad movie? I don’t think so.

Is it worth watching? Well, I’d say no. I should have watched the F1 practice session instead. Would have been a more enjoyable 2 hours.
I would rather have severe constipation than watch F1 racing. Just a little better than NASCAR. That tells you how much I hate NASCAR.

Latest Discussions