Roadhouse 2024

Old CJ

White Belt
Reaction score
I enjoyed the K-rap out of this movie. I never pass up the Swayze version over the years. The setting was great (Florida Keys but filmed in Dominican Rep.). Most of the actors were believable but some of the plot fell short.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like 1/8th and 1/4th mile straight tracks. Especially the bikes.
Can't stand 1/8th, but I do a fair bit of 1/4 mile drag racing (heads up, no bracket racing) and road racing. Do you race, or watch?

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can't stand 1/8th, but I do a fair bit of 1/4 mile drag racing (heads up, no bracket racing) and road racing. Do you race, or watch?
Just watch anymore. Me and three friends kept a Comp class going for 8-seasons. Good times.
There is a local track that still does the "run what you bring" brackets which are good laughs to watch.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watch anymore. Me and three friends kept a Comp class going for 8-seasons. Good times.
There is a local track that still does the "run what you bring" brackets which are good laughs to watch.
I don't like bracket racing, because the best car for bracket racing isn't a quick car. It's one that will never break the tires loose.
Our local tracks has the Friday Night Drags. Run what you brung, heads up racing. The same place also has a 2.2 mile, 10 turn road course. Fun stuff.
We watched Roadhouse last night. It wasn't bad, given the genre. Connor MacGregor was terrible, but that's to be expected.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just watched the reboot of Roadhouse last night. I didn't have high expectations going into it and I was very underwhelmed. From the opening "fight scene" that looked like he was punching a CGI bad guy (don't know if it was or not, but that is how it looked) to the lack of any real plot, it just didn't do it for me.

While I can rewatch the original over and over with its cheesiness, this was a one and done for me.

Latest Discussions