OP
K

Kingston

uck, bad spelling and gramar are gunna be the end of me.:eek:

OP
A

A.R.K.

Kingston, that was hilarious :rofl:

Just to clarify, it has nothing to do with the A.R.K. system or my ability or training.

MA thinks I've claimed rank in a Japanese system....and I never have. He thinks if your not registered Kukkiwon your nothing. I feel ability in the real world is the priority consideration, everything else is simply window dressing.

Rick has spouted off because he's Robert's buddy and feels the need to. Now he's backpeddling for time. If he would simply knock off his petty and snide remarks, and even offer an appropriate apology all would be well. He choose to make the comments he has about someone he doesn't know, now he can either back it up or back it down.

So I've simply asked for the facts. And haven't gotten squat from either. I think the thread has maintained a civil tone so far, and this is the proper forum for a discussion of this nature.

I'm still waiting for answers.....

[And I should add, since you asked, that I don't really care what either of them think. It affects nothing in actuality. But based on principle alone, if you run your mouth you should be able to back it up. Their responses thus far reflect how far that goes...]

Captain Harlock

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Do you people ever shut up about this stuff?

I think I saw it on a signature here somewhere.

Shut up and Train.

Have any of you ever taken a moment to consider the public display of stupidity and childishness you have almost all been putting on for these last few months?

The lot of you look like bloody children. If I were to be considering training with any of you or your instructors, this non-stop bullcrap you are all running off at the keyboard with would tend to imply some serious issues with either yourselves, or the quality of your training.

In any case, regardless of your ranks, skills or other qualifications, it is quite obvious that the lesson of humility has not yet been learned.

kodomo :rolleyes:

OP
K

Kingston

Originally posted by Captain Harlock
Do you people ever shut up about this stuff?

I think I saw it on a signature here somewhere.

Shut up and Train.

Have any of you ever taken a moment to consider the public display of stupidity and childishness you have almost all been putting on for these last few months?

The lot of you look like bloody children. If I were to be considering training with any of you or your instructors, this non-stop bullcrap you are all running off at the keyboard with would tend to imply some serious issues with either yourselves, or the quality of your training.

In any case, regardless of your ranks, skills or other qualifications, it is quite obvious that the lesson of humility has not yet been learned.

kodomo :rolleyes:

Common dude, dont steal my thunder!!

dont read to much into posts.....its not like you can take any of what you say back...once it out there its out there. Perhaps rich learned of his mistake 2 hours before this thread came up....he is still "forced" (more like asked) to defend his statements (ARK could change his mind in the futur as well)......Perhaps I'll look back on this thread one day and think to myself "damn im handsom" but most likely I'll just notice the flaws, things i should have said, shouldn't have said, insights wich i have no idea how there where concieved and that make no sence to me......perhaps theres a little child in all of us trying to....err hold on a sec, what was I talking about?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rick Tsubota

Please show the post where I called you a cheat and liar by name.

Post your proof that I said this about you exactly.
So now I call you out

Ok, I am really confused.

Rick Tsubota makes a statement.

A.R.K. Asks for proof.

Rick Tsubota changes the topic and asks for proof back.

Answering a question with a question.

Very Poor Arguing skills, in my opinion.

ARK,

Nice try but I still don see where I said "ARK is a liar" or "ArK is a cheat".

I just wrote "sounds like", I think it's different

Hmm You think it is different. I am still confused, you Think it is different.

To me it "sounds like" you are not willing to admit you have argued yourself into a corner.

I know nothing of you (Rick Tsubota), nor do I know anything of Anything about A.R.K. I care to know nothing of either of you. Yet, I find it really hard to listne to you both babble on and on and on and on ..., until I am so sick and tierd of this. This makes me wonder how amny people are not psoting for fear of being attacked, or given the run around.

If you have a question ask it.

If you have an answer give it.

Do not make statements and then say it sounds like or that is not what I truly meant, unless you also put in an apology for the misunderstanding. A simple apology for a misunderstanding goes a long way in making a point. Yet, if you are forever afraid to admit that you have made a mistake then it seems like you are an arrogant person who throws stones and then gets up set when someone returns the stone back to you.

IN MY opinion, make your statement be prepared to back it up or please do not. If someone is not real, time will tell. Yes, it is painful to some, especially their students. You cannot change people's minds without proof. And even then only if they want to change.

Just my opinion.

Play nice or people will not be happy in the long run
:asian:

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

I agree this is a stupid and childish thread.

ARK,

Show me the exact post I said "ARK is a cheat" or "ARK is a liar".

You can't because I didn't.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by Rich Parsons

Do not make statements and then say it sounds like or that is not what I truly meant,

In english you can mean a specific person or can mean people in general.
I was using the general version.

If I want to call someone a liar and cheat I use their name.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree this is a stupid and childish thread.

ARK,

Show me the exact post I said "ARK is a cheat" or "ARK is a liar".

You can't because I didn't.

Rick,

This link has some posts from you.

Some mention Liars, to DAC...Florida.

I cannot find the Cheat comment.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/sh...659&perpage=15&highlight=tsubota&pagenumber=3

Today I score it 1 and 1 for each of you.

Oh yeah I also score it a complete loss for everyone else.

I also take personal exception to your comments about moderators.

Name the people you have a problem with or do not use the generic term. This is a pesonal request.

I would hate to be one of those you did not like and not know it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya'know....

I think folks should take a look here:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?&threadid=8720

Personally, I've got alot of patience, and I'm starting to run out.

Thats the friendly warning....

CH - If you make it to the MT get together, I owe you a drink.

If all this crap had happened a year ago, I probably would have taken the board down...sigh. :(

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

I also take personal exception to your comments about moderators.

Name the people you have a problem with or do not use the generic term. This is a pesonal request.

I will do as I like unitl it is against the policy here.

I would hate to be one of those you did not like and not know it.

So far I don't think I like your attitude.
you are very argumentative for a moderator.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In english you can mean a specific person or can mean people in general.
I was using the general version.

If I want to call someone a liar and cheat I use their name.

Rick,

See the previous post and link where you explicitly do not use the person's name. Moderators and Ex-Moderators.

Still sounds like you are recanting or changing your meaning, or avoiding something.

Do you have something to hide?

Oh Yeah, I will freely admit I know nothing about Martial Arts in particular Korean and Japanese. Yet, I will still meet you on the matts or the streets with empty hands or stick or knife or any combination of the above. You see some people and organizations reconize my rank. Others do not. Fine by me, I care not, except when it becomes personal. So then I will ask them a few questions to see if it is personal.

OH Yes, you do nto like my attitude as a moderator. Does this mean that I am not allowed a personal opinion now, just like you?

Thank you for your comments I guess I cannot express myself to you or anyone anymore.

Sir, I do not like you attitude, either live with what you say, prove what others have said or not said. (* It is really hard to prove a negative *) Or pick you fights / arguements well.

Until you name the Moderators and Ex-Moderators you have a problem with, I will have to put you down as a person who does not follwo their own rules. Note: Your quote above. You say you will name them

OP
P

paihequan

Rick Tsubota Wrote:

"I will do as I like unitl (sic) it is against the policy here"

Rick,

With all due respect, that kind of attitude is not going to take you far with the people here on Martial Talk.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8442&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Rick Tsubota:

In Okinawa we try to treat all fellow students with respect and like everybody same.

Try adhering to this and you may find that people will be more willing to engage in discussion with you.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I still contend that some have won battles, yet everyone has lost the war.
:(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ya’know….

This gets real old fast…like, last year old.

Frankly, we’re growing very tired of it.

Person A has an issue with Person B. What used to happen here is, they would take the differences off the board after the first warning. Now, what happens is, we get huge essays from all involved on why 1 person is FOS, and the other a PITA.

Then, we get 5 people who threaten to leave if Person C is allowed to remain.

Then we get DEFG ganging up on H, who is shortly backed by I,J, K and L.

In the meantime, M-Z have stopped posting in discust.

E then PMs the mods and wants to know why we haven’t done anything.
J emails about #3 who hasn’t visited here in 6 months after being browbeaten into a coma by #12. B PMs n says “great job guys”. C PMs and says “Nice bunch of frauds”. H PMs everytime he loses a point, which is shortly followed by A doing the same.

In the mean time, many folks think all those involved are full of #2.

Now, switch sides, double up on the BS, claims, counter claims, misdirections and other assorted crap.

Y’all got that?

In the mean time, new folks are popping in, seeing the romper-roomers and leaving. Existing members are dropping out too. We have gotten so many PMs and emails about a group of approximately 12 folks, from both sides of the argument, that I am rapidly running out of patience.

Now, is it at all possible that you can just move on, and drop this, or do we space the whole lot?

It makes sence to just waste 12, to save 1500 now doesn't it?

You folks decide.:soapbox:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I still contend that some have won battles, yet everyone has lost the war.

Agreed.

This place is principally for the discussion of martial arts--not martial artists.

OP
P

paihequan

Arnisador:

This place is principally for the discussion of martial arts--not martial artists.

Thank you. Well said! This is why I came to the Martial Talk forum in the first place ... to discuss the martial arts not the personalities within.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

I get this in the pm mail box today from a moderator:

"We prefer to have people discuss the martial arts, not martial artists."

So I wonder why there was one article started about me and another started about ryushikan, and it was started by the moderator!!!

So I gues it's OK if I start a thread about someone?
I doubt it.

Seems like martial talk has what they call double standards.

OP
R

Rick Tsubota

Yet, I will still meet you on the matts or the streets with empty hands or stick or knife or any combination of the above.

So are you challenging me to a fight?
Is this how moderators act?

OP
D

Disco

I know I may be stepping out of place here. Don't mean to offend anyone.

But I feel things have gone way to far with words and challenges.
That is not what were, myself included, all about as guests of Martial Talk. In that regard, please accept my apology for actions taken and implied. As Martial Arts Practicioners, we should be rise and be above that. Again Sir; my apology...........................

Respectfull
Disco:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.