richard van donk

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes small training groups are all over the place. Contact that dojo 4 hours away and ask them if they know of anyone close to you and I bet you might get a lead. Good luck!

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes small training groups are all over the place. Contact that dojo 4 hours away and ask them if they no of anyone close to you and I bet you might get a lead. Good luck!
Your absolutely right. I know a kung fu instructor that taught the red army in China before he imigrated here. My son takes tdk with the son of a parent tht is a professional kick boxer, and bbj fighter. Teaches any one in his garage three nights a week for free. Another car sales man here in phoenix teaches San Soo in his back yard.
These guys don't want the expence of a dojo. they are every where.

OP
bigfootsquatch

bigfootsquatch

Purple Belt
Reaction score
thanks guys, i may try to call and find out about some training groups close by. i appreciate everyone's advice

i know most are against studying by video, but what do you guys think about getting a group together, going over some of the dvds AND making what seminars we can? I'm not exactly talking about a home study program, but just getting a few videos, make some seminars and just build off that. At least we could get some of the moves down, and then get them corrected at seminars...

Thoughts?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks guys, i may try to call and find out about some training groups close by. i appreciate everyone's advice

i know most are against studying by video, but what do you guys think about getting a group together, going over some of the dvds AND making what seminars we can? I'm not exactly talking about a home study program, but just getting a few videos, make some seminars and just build off that. At least we could get some of the moves down, and then get them corrected at seminars...

Thoughts?

In my experience, as long as you're getting some kind of tutelage from someone, even if it's once a month, then vids can help with remembering techniques, etc.
Get some guys together that you can train your ukemi, kihon happo, sanshin & stuff like that with, maybe you guys can get enough people together to make it worth someone's time to drive a few hours to you guys! I'm sure someone would be willing to do it a couple times a month if you scratch their back a little.

benkyoka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Thoughts?

People don't teach seminars in order to correct someone's basics. Usually a seminar is taught with a theme, and all participates are there more for the exposure to that idea than to be 'taught' it. I don't really think this is an answer to your situation.

Latest Discussions