Reunited

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
This sunday was one of the best of my life in TKD, my actual samboknim Miguel arrange a meeting with one of the best samboknims I ever had.

Jorge Morales was my second samboknim, from green belt to black belt, he was damn good as a competitor and as a giding light in TKD for me, he was more than a professor he is my brother.

Jorge pursuing a better life emigrated to the north of my country, Tijuana Baja California and I hadn't see him for 15 years I guess.

Jorge atended a TKD sumit here in my town and Miguel (my actual samboknim) knew I miss Jorge a lot and arrenged a meeting.

At firsth sight beefore so long time we make eye contact and he gave me a big smile I aproched him and gave him the biggest hug you can image a man can give a brother afther so many years, we embraced each other and smile.

We had so much to talk and a few hours to do it! I show him pics of my family and he show me pics of his family too, we share a great moment together remembering the old days and talking of nowadays.

Jorge (now a 5th degree black bert) looks exactly the same way as the last day I saw here in my hometown, Jesus, not even a wrinkle or a gray hair,he's so fit.

I don't have the words to thank Miguel my actual sambokin for the nice thing he did to reunited Jorge and I.

Thank you Miguel I owe you a huge hug too.

Manny

Christina05

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes we move on in life and never get to see those people who had such a huge impact in our lives. I'm happy for you.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time - congratulations on a great experience!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that story Manny! I think one of the most-overlooked benefits of martial arts is the commaraderie in training. When you get a chance to reconnect with someone you trained with, it is a nice feeling.

Miles

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is wonderful glad you had the chance to reunite with your past.

Latest Discussions