Resistance

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On those days that we train ith 100% resistance the we only train that way for a short time, because Nage tends to find out that the harder they resist the more the locks hurt or the harder they hit the ground, and it takes it's toll very quickly, but it teaches Uke the importance of relaxation and using tecnique rather than stregnth, and it can really only be done with students who have some experience under their belts.

OP
ejaazi

ejaazi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
On those days that we train ith 100% resistance the we only train that way for a short time, because Nage tends to find out that the harder they resist the more the locks hurt or the harder they hit the ground, and it takes it's toll very quickly, but it teaches Uke the importance of relaxation and using tecnique rather than stregnth, and it can really only be done with students who have some experience under their belts.

That's a good point! This gives us a good point of view about resistance from both sides of the fence. Thanks!

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's a good point! This gives us a good point of view about resistance from both sides of the fence. Thanks!

:duh:Upon rereading what I wrote I see that I 've got the roles reversed, but the premise is still valid.

Latest Discussions