Remember the 2 TKD TMAs bashers. This is how one of them fights

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Finally. We get to see what they are made of. Well at least one of them.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm assuming he was the guy in white. No power behind anything. Im sure he was tired pretty quickly, being that he took the fight with 12 hours notice, but he was weak from the opening bell. Didn't protect himself at all, just kept backing up, threw one technique at a time, and routinely used both hands to block.

I wonder how his left leg felt the next day.

Not to take anything away from the other guy, as it was his first fight, but a more experienced fighter would've ended it so much faster and painfully.

Sure, TKD was garbage and he got out of it because he was too good for it. As my friends across the pond say... Bollocks!

Although I have to give him some credit - he did get in the ring. That takes some guts. Respect for that, and nothing else.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
As I recall these guys were bashing TKD not as outsiders but as actual blackbelts in the system and had been instructors. Gonna say that they were right, their TKD isn't all that good.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jow Ga Wolf, who is this about?
These guys
The one that is fighting in the video is guy on the left. They used to really bash other TMAs but they don't do as much of it now. My guess is that they probably ran into TMA practitioners who do MMA or Muay Thai. Everyone once and a while I check to see if they have actually learned anything. They are coming along in a few areas but are still clueless for the most part.
For example, He's not quite their yet. The more he talks the more he messes up.

DanT

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Lmfao I had a feeling those clowns were who you were talking about.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least they got in the ring to back it up. It's not like they don't train or fight and talk trash.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
At least they got in the ring to back it up. It's not like they don't train or fight and talk trash.
Trash is trash regardless if someone trains or not.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trash is trash regardless if someone trains or not.
Personally I couldn't care less what other people say about styles. It doesn't affect me at all. It's just people's opinion at the end of the day

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
He seems weaker than when the higher-levels at our gym spar. For a guy who tried to start his own "FTF" organisation, he looks painfully mediocre.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't care less what other people say about styles. It doesn't affect me at all. It's just people's opinion at the end of the day

True enough but when you are putting on fights and you have people approach you wanting to be matched up you need to be sure of who you have. With fighters who have been around a while it's easy but with the first timers you have to be careful, you don't want to overmatch them nor give them an easy fight but you are basically left with the guy or their coaches estimation of their ability which can be well off. At best this means a poor fight at worse it means someone gets very hurt. A few years back we had a female kickboxing bout scheduled, one girl was touted as a 'world champion' in her weight, even made the local newspaper she was 16, her instructor told us she was experienced and a very good fighter ( we did take it with a grain of salt, we do with everyone) so we thought okay, she was matched with a female kick boxer Michael Bisping was coaching, it was her first fight. On the day 'world champion' comes in, she a wisp of a girl, very young, Bisping's 'girl' is ten years older and built like a brick outhouse. We checked the lass still wanted to fight, she did, was full of confidence, she could do it etc. what a mistake, she got batted all round the ring, she was crying with the first minute of the bout, she went down and to save anymore but to also save the girl's face ( literally and figuratively) the ref quietly told her to stay on the floor and he counted her out. it was a horrible mismatch, the girl's coach was still saying she could have won as they left, Bisping's female lorded it around like she'd beaten Rousey and Cyborg combined. Not unexpected.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
He seems weaker than when the higher-levels at our gym spar. For a guy who tried to start his own "FTF" organisation, he looks painfully mediocre.

Are both the clowns doing the whole FTF thing? I was under the impression that the guy in the fight is still on his "TMA sucks" crusade, while the other guy has at least matured a little and is just focusing on the FTF thing and his own training.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They still have a long way to go

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are both the clowns doing the whole FTF thing? I was under the impression that the guy in the fight is still on his "TMA sucks" crusade, while the other guy has at least matured a little and is just focusing on the FTF thing and his own training.

I think just the guy with the beard is doing the FTF thing. Both of them have toned down a lot compared to before.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think it's the guy in the grey that we're talking about.

And good for him, maybe he's growing up.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to respect him for stepping in the ring. However, you do not have to respect his skill level. There is a common thing with young people thinking they have figured everything out and time slowly shows them the way. Hopefully as Buka said he is growing up a bit...

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it's the guy in the grey that we're talking about.

And good for him, maybe he's growing up.

If it's the guy in the gray, then I've got more respect for him. As much as I'd like to bash him for everything he's said and how much he's run his mouth in the past, it honestly wasn't too bad for a debut fight. The competition was pretty lacking (see my previous post), so that might've made him look a bit better. He had several opportunities to lay his opponent out if he had a bit more experience and/or athleticism. But being an armchair quarterback is pretty easy :)

As I said, respect for getting in the ring, regardless of the outcome/performance.

Finlay

Green Belt
Reaction score
Someone should tell them that just because you swear constantly doesn't make your point any more valid.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
He was the guy in the black shorts, from what I see the match was basically decided due to his larger size, and longer limbs. As much as I dislike the ******* he did well here, but I doubt the result would have been the same against someone his own weight class lol.

Latest Discussions