Raw Vegetarian diet plan

Drew333

White Belt
Reaction score
Raw Vegetarian diet plan is good for the heart health because this diet plan controls the cholesterol level and burns the excess fat to keep the heart healthy.
Fresh fruits, raw vegetables, nuts, fish, fish oil, olive oil, green tea, coffee, and citrus fruits juices are more effective for the heart health.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Raw Vegetarian diet plan is good for the heart health because this diet plan controls the cholesterol level and burns the excess fat to keep the heart healthy.
Fresh fruits, raw vegetables, nuts, fish, fish oil, olive oil, green tea, coffee, and citrus fruits juices are more effective for the heart health.

well, the human body is not made to digest an exclusive raw diet, especially of vegetables.
Coffee and tea are hardly raw....

I am sure you have been made aware that you have been putting your posts in the wrong sections, and since I am not a moderator, I shall leave it at that, pointing you toward the health section:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/46-Health-Tips-for-the-Martial-Artist

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Interesting that you are targeting cholesterol. Everything I have been reading recently suggests that the case against cholesterol is one great con. If you have any medical evidence to the contrary, and I'm talking proper trials, I would really like to see it.

Also, I'm not sure that a raw vegetarian diet "burns the excess fat to keep the heart healthy" either. Anything or anyone who talks about burning fat raises my interest.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Followed
Eat to Live: The Amazing Nutrient-Rich Program for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss, by Joel Fuhrman

Eat For Health Paperback by Joel Fuhrman

And my cardiologist, who I see based on family history and my cholesterol levels kicked me out of his office because I was too healthy.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure that a raw vegetarian diet "burns the excess fat to keep the heart healthy" either. Anything or anyone who talks about burning fat raises my interest.

An all-raw-veggie diet would have you burning fat from hunger b/c it'd be so low-calorie.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
that is why you need to look to legumes and then throw in nuts as well...and while your at it fruit

Wouldn't the legumes need to be cooked, thus negating the "all-raw" moniker?

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some yes some no but it is necessary because it is a needed source of protien

Just checking. I agree that legumes and nuts are are both going to be essential. The tougher part is getting fats. Like from the lowly avocado.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin note: Thread moved to Health Tips for the Martial Artist as it is a better fit for the topic.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The irony is some of the foods mentioned are neither raw nor vegetarian.

Coffee is roasted first, then brewed in hot water. Not raw.

Green tea is brewed in hot water. Not raw.

Fish oils - definitely not vegetarian and probably not raw.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The irony is some of the foods mentioned are neither raw nor vegetarian.

Coffee is roasted first, then brewed in hot water. Not raw.

Green tea is brewed in hot water. Not raw.

Fish oils - definitely not vegetarian and probably not raw.

Types of Vegetarians

Pesco-Vegetarians : (or pescatarian) Vegetarians that include fish in their diet.

Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian : (orOvo-Lacto) They eat dairy products, eggs, fruits vegetables, greens, legumes, grains, soy products, nuts and honey. This is the most common type.

Lacto Vegetarian : They do not eat eggs. They do eat dairy products.

Ovo Vegetarian : Just the opposite. They eat eggs, but not dairy products.

Pure, Strict, or Total

Vegetarian : Sometimes confused with veganism. Even though the diets are similar, it is the reasons that are different. They are in it for the health, spiritual, ethical, and environmental reasons, just to name a few. No dairy products or eggs. Some do eat honey

Vegan : It is ALL about the animals. They do not eat anything from animals, including honey. They also minimize the use of any product made with animal byproducts. Their main goal is to lessen animal cruelty and exploitation.

Low Fat Vegetarian : This is primarily used to treat diseases and lower the fat content of your diet. The diet consists of less than 10% of it’s calories from fat.

Raw Vegetarian or Vegan : They do not eat anything that has been cooked. That is anything that has been heated to above 115 degrees Fahrenheit.

Fruitarian : A raw vegetarian that only eats fruit, greens, and some nuts and seeds.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my boys went down the raw vegan route. Difficult to find food to feed him when he visits. :) It did help him lose weight, not that that was the reason for the diet, more a lifestyle thing.
:asian:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a bacon double cheeseburger for dinner tonight...

But I did put some lettuce on it. And a slice of tomatoe. That counts, right?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Mate at our age we've done the hard yards. You just grab whatever turns you on! :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

The funny thing is, the bread/bun was probably the least healthful part of your dinner (unless you washed it down with a soda). :)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am vegan, but I don't evangelise about it. Each to their own.

I do find some of the questions and statements people ask and make about veggie and vegan nutrition to be quite revealing regarding the level (sometimes lack) of thought they put into what they eat. But I always try to answer without prejudice.

I've found that with careful thought and planning, the vegan diet is perfectly suited for sport, but you really need to do your homework.

I would struggle with only raw food, mainly from the perspective of limited variety. I mix raw into my diet, but it's not enough for me on its own.

Gnarlie

Latest Discussions