• Intercepting the ram

• Broken Ram

• I like them all

• I hate them all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tend to prefer Intercepting for the simple reason that it seems the most natural. When I've had someone go for a tackle during spontaneous drills this is the one I use (or at least somthing similar). The way I look at it is that I'm going to get in at least a hammerfist and a knee and even if he manages to take me down I can probably get in a few more hammerfists or handswords to the back of his neck which isn't going to make his day very nice.

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Les[/QUOTE]"In my opinion, the Kenpo push and/or grab techniques are too often never learnt correctly because the 'dummy' is not committed in the attack."

I totally agree Les, the only place you fight a dummy is in a "stand still while I hit you" Kenpo club.
Great to share a training area with you and your people on Sunday, many thanks.
Richy

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I voted for Intercepting the Ram, since I used to play rugby, and I can say that (in my opinion) it is the best to try and redirect the energy, because I can say with a reasonable amount of certainty that if you have someone the size and with the speed of Jonah Lomu, then your best bet is going to be to try and move him around you, I find it difficult to believe that most humans would be capable of having any effect on a monster like him with a handsword to the neck...

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Intercepting the Ram, against Jonah Lomu, LOL, no.. I don't think so... definately not...no way

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm preferring rack of lamb, or lamb chops. If it HAS to be a Ram though, I would say the Battering Ram like was used in the Lord of the Rings. Ever since the Rams left Los Angeles, they don't exist to me.

OP
Z

ZKenpo

Brian Jones said:
One of the advantages to Intercepting the ram is that you can deal with the attacker's forward momentum by getting to him/her before he/she is at full speed, or going for your legs.

Brian Jones
I agree with Brian, (The best action, meet it!)

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
kenpoworks said:
Intercepting the Ram, against Jonah Lomu, LOL, no.. I don't think so... definately not...no way

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
satans.barber said:
My vote goes for hate them all!

If someone's gonna try and tackle you, I don't see what wrong with a knee or boot to the face!

Ian.
Are you saying that you would always choose to kick over stepping off the line of attack and stabilizing your base?

Latest Discussions