Questions: Fu Jow Pai, Tak Wah Eng, and Experiences?

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone on this forum trained in Fu Jow Pai? Has anyone on this forum trained with Tak Wah Eng? What are the experiences with either? There is a documentary releasing (hopefully) soon with Tak Wah Eng as a subject, and that's why I am asking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you looking for people to participate in the documentary? Or will any responses be used in it?

OP
A

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
Oh no, I mentioned the documentary to segue into the topic. I am not a member of the documentary aside from being a funder on the Kickstarter. I wish I can work on such an interesting documentary though.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no, I mentioned the documentary to segue into the topic. I am not a member of the documentary aside from being a funder on the Kickstarter. I wish I can work on such an interesting documentary though.
Cool. I trained in Fu Jow Pai from a student of Tak Wah Eng. I never trained with him directly, despite having a few opportunities to do so - things just never worked out schedule-wise. It's definitely an interesting and effective style, though I always had trouble combining the soft and hard aspects of it together.

I eventually separated with that particular teacher on not the best terms, so purposefully not mentioning any names.

I think I'm the only person currently active here who trained it, though when it's been brought up in the past people have mentioned training with fu jow pai guys and it was always an positive experience (@Xue Sheng ...CMAer's on this forum..in the northeast where FJP is...could you have been one of the guys who trained with some guys that learned fu jow pai?)

wanderingstudent

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I started my martial arts journey at a school associated with Tak Wah Eng Federation, in the late 90's. Shortly before the school closed, I met my second teacher and trained in Hung Gar. Over the years, I've reconnected with some of the people I trained with and others who went directly to Tak Wah Eng. But, I think his Chinatown school is now closed. I have a few of his books, one autographed.

OP
A

Azure718

White Belt
Reaction score
I heard he still teaches somewhere on Sundays but I do not see an updated webpage with contact information. Maybe I need to use the email on his Facebook to find out more. But he seems to have multiple Facebook pages. I wonder if any are legitimate.

Latest Discussions