Prayers

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brad, there's no easy way to tell someone tough news like that. It sounds like you did it well. Continue to take it one step at a time & hold onto God & each other. It's gonna suck sometimes. Sometimes a lot. Take time for yourself, friends & family. Do good things for yourselves.

And again, you're in my prayers.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brad,

Hope she heals fast and gets well. I will be thinking of you and her as the days go on.

Lisa

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shocked and very sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis, Brad, but it sounds like things are going to turn out OK in the end... one day at a time. Both my parents had cancer, quite serous, and both of them beat it decades ago. And medical treatments now are way more advanced in this area than they were back then, there's no comparison. I'm thinking of you guys tonight...

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
All my love to you and your wife at this difficult time, hope it all goes well.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greatly appriciate all your good wishes and prayers. Doctor said they are confident they removed all of the tumor. When we start chemo, they feel that she has over a 90% rate of recovery and over a 50% rate of total remission. Again, thanks to all for their support. :asian:

That is EXCELLENT news...

meta

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through, Brad. You and your wife are in my prayers.

OP
B

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Brad I was wondering how is recovery going for your wife?.............

Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers. The wife is home but we're going to have a long haul. Every part of her body hurts and it's understandable. She's just now getting to start eating (small amounts) of solid food. If the pain would subside, then she could get some needed sleep. As it is now, it's an hour mabey two here and there. My training just didn't prepare me for something like this. I can give and take on the mat and deal with pain and bumps, but it's just very hard seeing a loved one in such misery. Some days are better than other's, but today is not a good one. We have about 4 weeks or so to get ready for the chemo, but at the rate were going at now it may be a little longer. All I can do is just keep on taking care of her and supporting her with a positive mindset, the rest is up to the good Lord. Thanks again to everybody for their support and good wishes.

Merry Christmas and a Safe and Happy Newyear to all. :asian:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that your wife's recovery is slow and painful; still, take heart in the fact that she is recovering. Best wishes to you both, and I hope for the best possible outcome, both for the injuries and the chemo, and a better year in 2007.

Latest Discussions