ppko & xequat take a look

EricD said:
Personally, I have no video camera. When I talked to my sensei before Christmas, he said he would be getting a camera in the near future. Once he does, I will personally see what I can do about getting some more realistic clips on the net.

Thanks for the offer! :) This however was not a specific request of you, but of anyone putting mpegs online. IE- Corn, Pantazi, etc.

Mike

EricD said:
Sorry about that, I misread it. Although, from what I have read (yes I googled it), it seems that Atemi are more generalize striking areas whereas Kyusho is more precise. I understand that this may be off base, but with so many unwilling to share truth, deceit and misinformation runs rampant.

Not even close.

For me, I always do it defending against an attack. It really is a pretty neat technique. You can decide just how hard you wish to ring the attackers bell.
As I said, I am not a knock out artist, I do not know how it works, I just know that it works. And at age 65, it's a great weapon to have.

I just checked out the Jodie Sasaki clip (time differences you understand...) and I, as a student of Kenpo find that quite insulting, it may not be my place to criticise someone of his rank, but that sort of thing makes the rest of us look like jokes...

The Prof said:
1) For me, I always do it defending against an attack.
2) It really is a pretty neat technique. You can decide just how hard you wish to ring the attackers bell.
As I said, I am not a knock out artist, I do not know how it works, I just know that it works. And at age 65, it's a great weapon to have.
1) Do what?

2) What technique?

Any thoughts on this one?

http://www.kyusho.com/clip.htm

My first thought is I don't care if you even do that technique fast or slow it would be bloody hard/ impossible to get an attacker's hand out like that while his other hand was doing nothing if he was really trying to kick your ***, but I guess in Kyusho Internationals world that kind of stuff is possbile. :rolleyes:

Here is the dialogue from that thread......learning from the Internet ???? Good gravy.....what's next?

[font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial] Administrator
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 05, 2004 09:46 AM [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Here is Randall Sanchez KOing a skeptical Ninjitsu practioner.... he is now aware that it does work... click here!

[ December 05, 2004, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Evan Pantazi ]

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial]

bja
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial] Member
Member # 580

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 05, 2004 10:41 AM [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] hey everyone,

awesome, the proof is in the puddin. and to think Mr. sanchez first started learning through the internet didnt he? great job!
-Brian
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 127 | From: new york | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 06, 2004 08:05 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Yes sir he did and it shows the real value of the correct use of this forum.

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] André Dippenaar [/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial] Junior Member
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 12:16 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Hi there,

I don't know if its just me, but I can't seem to see the Randall KO clip. The above link take me to the Ian Bissix grappling KO clip, and the video clip tab on the left takes me to the Costa Rica KO clip?
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 3 | From: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 07:00 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Sir,

Try clearing the history pages and the cookies in your computer, you may be kicking back to an earlier clip of the week page in memory.

The link is http://www.kyusho.com/clip.htm cut and paste that in the address of the browser and you will see Randall Sanchez's clip... but only until Sunday.

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Eric Dyl [/font]
Member # 1359

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 11:35 [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]And try hitting refresh when looking at the page to force the browser to get a newer copy.

--------------------
There is no path to peace, peace is the path
-Ghandi
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 29 | From: North Vernon, IN | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] André Dippenaar [/font]
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 08, 2004 01:55 AM [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Thanks for the advice! However, I am still not having any luck... I think it might have something to do with the proxy setup here at work. The proxy server might be transparantely caching the page, and this cache is out of date. So even though the page is new it keeps on picking up the old cache. I will probably have to wait for the cache to expire. [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 3 | From: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]..................................................

[/font] Eric,

If I could give you some advice…. Do not study or get involved with anyone that advocates training via the internet……regardless of who it is.

This guy Patanzi obviously thinks it’s OK to train via the internet which just lowers my opinion of him even more.

Seek out someone that can walk it like they talk it….when I say that if they want you to be the crash dummy for their technique demo ask them if you can go as hard at them as you want and don’t hold back. If they can’t get the technique to work as they claimed it would train somewhere else.

EricD said:
By saying weaknesses, I was asking if there was anything you felt was missing from the system. I ask because I personally miss a few of the practices from my training in Shaolin Lohan Chuan such as Iron Body training.

Thank you for the offer. I will be dispatching an email to you shortly.

The only weakness I can think of was making his seminars open to non-student/association members back in the early 80’s What happened is people with no real understanding came to a few seminars and thought they knew everything…….and now we have more than a few “ kyusho hacks” running around showing poor technique.

RRouuselot said:
You mean to this question:

Do you have anything specific you want to know???.... because if you ask me something like I am not going to write out 30 pages on it. I simply do not have the time.
So if you have a specific, legit question I will do my best to answer it.
Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply. I hope we can now move forward with some enlightening discussion. I trust that we are agreed on the following

The vast majority of clips showing k.o's are BS
If they are done to show how the body is weak in certain areas and not be termed combative that is different?
The vast majority of the "PP Masters" are training unrealistically
Some clips are done to encourage an interest in the arts - I see nothing wrong in this

This of course opens up a whole new can of worms. I have stated publically on many forums, inc KI, that anyone who K.O's a seminar attendee is a complete w^&%er and that I volunteer to be the uke as long as I can attack with the ferocity and venom that I would for real. Not one of these "PP Masters" has taken up my offer.

My question to you is, If you had to make an mpeg for a website that was designed to show the effectiveness of Kyusho (for want of another term) what would the clip show?

I have noticed that you are lumping my video clips into the same bracket as KI. This is something I am non too pleased about. Of the 15 clips on my site, two are slow demo's of a PP K.O and are described as just that, DEMO's!

4 are joke clips - don't make the obvious joke:)

The rest have nothing to do with Kyusho, they show things such as power generation and putting shock into your opponent.

Those that know me, understand that our training is regarded as extremely hard. We train very realistically. The calibre of people associated with what we do is proof of that.

We have many fighters at my gym from Boxing, Kick Boxing, Thai Boxing and MMA. One of my students has now turned pro as a Heavyweight Boxer and is ranked 15th in the UK. The vast majority of my UK Students are / were Doormen, military, LEO's, etc.

Don't judge people by your obsession with these mpegs all over the Internet. You and I are probably closer in what we think of them than is obvious right now.

Regards

Russell
www.russellstutely.com

wave said:
Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply. I hope we can now move forward with some enlightening discussion. I trust that we are agreed on the following

The vast majority of clips showing k.o's are BS
If they are done to show how the body is weak in certain areas and not be termed combative that is different?
The vast majority of the "PP Masters" are training unrealistically
Some clips are done to encourage an interest in the arts - I see nothing wrong in this

This of course opens up a whole new can of worms. I have stated publically on many forums, inc KI, that anyone who K.O's a seminar attendee is a complete w^&%er and that I volunteer to be the uke as long as I can attack with the ferocity and venom that I would for real. Not one of these "PP Masters" has taken up my offer.

My question to you is, If you had to make an mpeg for a website that was designed to show the effectiveness of Kyusho (for want of another term) what would the clip show?

I have noticed that you are lumping my video clips into the same bracket as KI. This is something I am non too pleased about. Of the 15 clips on my site, two are slow demo's of a PP K.O and are described as just that, DEMO's!

4 are joke clips - don't make the obvious joke:)

The rest have nothing to do with Kyusho, they show things such as power generation and putting shock into your opponent.

Those that know me, understand that our training is regarded as extremely hard. We train very realistically. The calibre of people associated with what we do is proof of that.

We have many fighters at my gym from Boxing, Kick Boxing, Thai Boxing and MMA. One of my students has now turned pro as a Heavyweight Boxer and is ranked 15th in the UK. The vast majority of my UK Students are / were Doormen, military, LEO's, etc.

Don't judge people by your obsession with these mpegs all over the Internet. You and I are probably closer in what we think of them than is obvious right now.

Regards

Russell
www.russellstutely.com

I have some pretty good video of my teacher demonstrating technique…..not all of it kyusho….and not all KO, just good technique. The problem is I have no way to get it from ntsc video to mpeg at the moment….this is mostly due to lack of technology on my part as well as time.

Another gripe I have with internet kyusho folks…..they think every attack can be solved by “kyusho” (most of them are not really even doing kyusho by the way)….I guess kyusho is the only way to get someone’s attention long enough to get their wallet open though.

RRouuselot said:
1) Do what?

2) What technique?

I'm wondering the same thing?? :idunno:

I'm also still waiting for his answer to post #78.

Mike

RRouuselot said:

My first thought is I don't care if you even do that technique fast or slow it would be bloody hard/ impossible to get an attacker's hand out like that while his other hand was doing nothing if he was really trying to kick your ***, but I guess in Kyusho Internationals world that kind of stuff is possbile. :rolleyes:

Agreed! If you're going to show the fine points of the KO, then yeah, go ahead and do it slow like that, but then you should show it with...whats that word again.... realism!!!

Here is the dialogue from that thread......learning from the Internet ???? Good gravy.....what's next?

Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 05, 2004 09:46 AM [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Here is Randall Sanchez KOing a skeptical Ninjitsu practioner.... he is now aware that it does work... click here!

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial]

bja
[/font]
Member # 580

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 05, 2004 10:41 AM [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] hey everyone,

awesome, the proof is in the puddin. and to think Mr. sanchez first started learning through the internet didnt he? great job!
-Brian
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 127 | From: new york | Registered: Nov 2002 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 06, 2004 08:05 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Yes sir he did and it shows the real value of the correct use of this forum.

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] André Dippenaar [/font]
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 12:16 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Hi there,

I don't know if its just me, but I can't seem to see the Randall KO clip. The above link take me to the Ian Bissix grappling KO clip, and the video clip tab on the left takes me to the Costa Rica KO clip?
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 3 | From: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 07:00 AM[/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Sir,

Try clearing the history pages and the cookies in your computer, you may be kicking back to an earlier clip of the week page in memory.

The link is http://www.kyusho.com/clip.htm cut and paste that in the address of the browser and you will see Randall Sanchez's clip... but only until Sunday.

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 8865 | From: North Andover, Ma 01845 | Registered: Dec 2000 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Eric Dyl [/font]
Member # 1359

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 07, 2004 11:35 [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]And try hitting refresh when looking at the page to force the browser to get a newer copy.

--------------------
-Ghandi
[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 29 | From: North Vernon, IN | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] André Dippenaar [/font]
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif
[font=Verdana, Arial] posted December 08, 2004 01:55 AM [/font][font=Verdana, Arial]Thanks for the advice! However, I am still not having any luck... I think it might have something to do with the proxy setup here at work. The proxy server might be transparantely caching the page, and this cache is out of date. So even though the page is new it keeps on picking up the old cache. I will probably have to wait for the cache to expire. [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Posts: 3 | From: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: Aug 2004 | IP: Logged [/font] [font=Verdana, Arial] Evan Pantazi [/font]
Member # 2

[/font] Eric,

If I could give you some advice…. Do not study or get involved with anyone that advocates training via the internet……regardless of who it is.

This guy Patanzi obviously thinks it’s OK to train via the internet which just lowers my opinion of him even more.

Seek out someone that can walk it like they talk it….when I say that if they want you to be the crash dummy for their technique demo ask them if you can go as hard at them as you want and don’t hold back. If they can’t get the technique to work as they claimed it would train somewhere else.

Once again, some sage advice Robert! :asian: Seeking out a qualified teacher is the way to go, not learning from a tape or via the net.

Mike

RRouuselot said:

Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com

bja
[/font]
Member # 580

[/font]
posticon.gif

-Brian
Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif

Member # 2

[/font]
posticon.gif

--------------------
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com
Member # 1359

[/font]
posticon.gif

--------------------
-Ghandi
Member # 1507

[/font]
posticon.gif
Member # 2

[/font] Eric,

Two things,

1) The clip that particular thread was refering to is no longer the clip of the week. But you can find it here: http://www.kyusho.com/randallsanchez11.wmv
2) My sensei is just the type of guy you said for me to seek out. He believes that too many talk to much while too few can just hit 'em. He has no problem with moving KO's and in fact the great majority of our PP training is done at increasing levels of speed and force.

R Rouuselot: Any thoughts on this one?

I was impressed with the way I clicked the link and it actually played. I usually find it a lot harder to make this sort of thing work.

The technique seemed to be a combination of a chop to the neck (that always hurts / stuns) a trip to the knee and a tendon squeeze on the outstretched arm. In controlled circumstances I have dropped people to the ground with the tendon squeeze alone.

Once you have a wrist grab of that kind your best bet is to pull away with body movement while yanking the arm up and down, and pushing it a little to his rear.

The danger is the opponents other (free) hand. If it is holding a weapon then you are in trouble.

To counter this threat you want to drop your opponent, and a strike to the neck is not a bad idea. The important thing is making a throwing movement like O-soto-gari, i.e. reaping the same side leg as the arm you are tugging. A sweep or check as shown here will not work effectively without a wheeling type grip, where you are turning your opponent. He will simply catch up with the tug in the technique shown and push you off balance / hit you with an overhand right / stab you.

In an O-Soto-Gari style technique you are supporting your weight on the same side leg as the wrist grab and reaping the opponents leg. This will transfer your weight into him, towards his rear. If the neck chop misses you will still have his balance, and you are hiding your body behind his as you come in tight, protecting yourself from a weapon attack somewhat.

If the attacker pulls his arm in he is only aiding the throw.

If that all still goes wrong (it might) you may find yourself under the attackers outstretched arm behind him. This is a far better position than standing in front of him with one of his hands loose.

----------------------------------------------------

How I would interpret that kata move.

Off of a cross handed (right on right) wrist grab you come up as far behind your opponent as possible. Opening out your arms into the wings of the crane you chop into his neck. If he tightens up his arm he is pulling you into his neck, increasing the force of your chop.

You use the raised foot to sweep your opponents leg outwards, making it difficult for him to turn to face you.

If he does not go down but manages to lean forward you convert to an armbar. If he leans forward while pulling his arm in while trying to turn into you (another common reaction) you key lock (figure four) him while elbowing in the face, for a throw.

One day I'll get a camera and post these sort of things on the web. Until then you'll have to do with my awful descriptions! :) Cheers!

MJS said:
Agreed! If you're going to show the fine points of the KO, then yeah, go ahead and do it slow like that, but then you should show it with...whats that word again.... realism!!!
Mike
So here is what we have so far.

1)Folks have mpegs on their websites that claim they are doing KOs, buuuuut when questioned about said mpegs they say “well….er…they don’t always go out”

If they aren’t out then why call it a KO?

2)When the question of the intensity in the attacker, or lack there of , comes up these same folks claim these are merely to “show points” or are set in an “instructional” setting.
I say BULL SHINTO!
If you want to show points fine….point to them, explain all you want and then do the technique on someone that is “allowed” to actually move in an attacking manner. If you don’t show technique with some degree of a realistic attack you are doing a grave injustice to the people you claim to be imparting knowledge to.
My legs move differently when I run as compared to when I walk, my arms move differently when I punch in the air as opposed to when I strike a heavy bag…..the same is true if you are doing technique on a moving attacker.

With all the claims that they CAN do it at speed I find it hard to believe that will the myriad of mpegs they plaster on the Internet there has never been one of these guys that has recorded it and stuck it on his website.

Bod,

What I found amusing is his totally long and involved explanation using TCM terms and concepts (wrong ones I might add) to simply explain....."I hit the guy in his jaw and it makes his brain wobble"

EricD said:
Two things,

1) The clip that particular thread was refering to is no longer the clip of the week. But you can find it here: http://www.kyusho.com/randallsanchez11.wmv
2) My sensei is just the type of guy you said for me to seek out. He believes that too many talk to much while too few can just hit 'em. He has no problem with moving KO's and in fact the great majority of our PP training is done at increasing levels of speed and force.
1)Again, the “attacker” is part of the “petrified kyusho forest” and isn’t moving…..if someone opened up their arms on me like that yahoo in the mpeg did he would be spitting his teeth out. This is exactly why I say the person needs to attack in a more realistic manner. That mpeg demonstrates nothing to me except the so called “defender” left himself open for a good *** kicking.

2)Seems like a waste of time then to be associated with KI since its quality instruction that you seek. Just because the KI people can spit out a bunch of impressive sounding terms and complex sounding concepts doesn’t make what they say correct. Just as in my reply above….if the attacker had any “stones” he would have dropped that cream puff of a “defender”.....wouldn't you have done the same thing?.....I know I would have.

What I found amusing is his totally long and involved explanation using TCM terms and concepts (wrong ones I might add) to simply explain....."I hit the guy in his jaw and it makes his brain wobble"
Aaah....
Yeah. There were other TCM (and universal) concepts he could have made the most of such as 'separation' of attackers focus and so on. As for the strike on the neck all sorts of things can happen. The 'creation cycle of fire and wood' is probably not the most useful explanation however. :)

RRouuselot said:
Another gripe I have with internet kyusho folks…..they think every attack can be solved by “kyusho” (most of them are not really even doing kyusho by the way)….I guess kyusho is the only way to get someone’s attention long enough to get their wallet open though.
Robert

You seem to have a way of not answering a question, but skirting around the issue, whilst making yet another issue. At the same time, inferring that the person you are responding to, is part of the problem of both issues.

You have not addressed any of the points raised, as promised.

Regards

Russell

Guys...

I know this thread is just a big heated debate on this stuff, but I have a question for you...

Is there a skilled Pressure Point Touch or No Touch Knockout "master" in the Chicago area that would be willing to knock me out?

Not with the Eye one... that creeps me out and I like my eyes... even as poor as they are.

I am SERIOUSLY interested, and would love to "see" this in action. If someone nearby is willing to have me at their school and do this to me, I would love to come.

Technopunk said:
Guys...

I know this thread is just a big heated debate on this stuff, but I have a question for you...

Is there a skilled Pressure Point Touch or No Touch Knockout "master" in the Chicago area that would be willing to knock me out?

Not with the Eye one... that creeps me out and I like my eyes... even as poor as they are.

I am SERIOUSLY interested, and would love to "see" this in action. If someone nearby is willing to have me at their school and do this to me, I would love to come.

Well, KI has guys in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Flora, Illinois. Not exactly in the Chicago area, but nearby.

Latest Discussions

Back