Political Correctness Defined

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw him at the Flava Flav roast.....looked like the Wendys girl had a rough weekend, lol!

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im offended!
Im offended!

You called me a sissy, that demeans women as you are calling me effeminate, I demand reparations!

contact me via PM and ill send you my paypal address for the first installment. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ninjamom, thanks for the explanation! We've just had a new student to our childrens classes, he's American, his dad is a military exchange officer so it's handy having a translator available lol! when I know them a little better I shall ask what differences they find between us and America especially with things like PCness!. I shall of course pass on details of MT!
One of my shift partners says he's PC...he hates everyone and everything, he doesn't discriminate!
:ultracool

Hyper_Shadow

Green Belt
Reaction score
Political Correctness is the idea that language represents thought and that by changing it we can control thought.

Stamp out ideas unliked by branding them as bigoted or wrong headed instead of debating them on their merits.

The political version of brain washing.

I remember hearing somewhere that the word government derives from ancient greek meaning to control mind. Dunno how true it is but on that sort of a basis it's pretty likely, eh?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next person to get all serious here is going to get beaten by a Moris Dancer with a rather large leek.

Great... vegetables again...

Can't we at least learn to defend against a pointy stick or something?!

Hyper_Shadow

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gotta watch out for those leeks, trust me when I say there is nothing more dangerous than a disgruntled geriatric shopper with a bag of vegetables!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just make sure there isn't a black pudding lurking in there too ... then again, the large flat cap is a dead give-away of the skilled Ecky-Thumper so that gives you enough warning to steer clear :D.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
I remember hearing somewhere that the word government derives from ancient greek meaning to control mind. Dunno how true it is but on that sort of a basis it's pretty likely, eh?

I don't think it does considering Ancient Greek Governments. Maybe if our Ancient Greek Political Philosophers were Spartan. But, since they were from Athens (mostly), which invented Democracy, I find it somewhat hard to beleive. But, I do know that 'aracy' (as in An'arcy', Demo'cracy', Mon'archy'), means 'rule' or 'ruler'.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to admit right now....I am PC.
But only because I haven't had time to figure out my Macs. :D

Spartans...Greeks....Next thing you'll be asking is if we've seen a pack of trojans.
What are we, a pharmacy? ;)

Hyper_Shadow

Green Belt
Reaction score
That is a good point, that said, look at Alexander the Great. If there was any more reason for a guy to want to boost his ego, it would be by having control over the masses...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes. I thought you were...
No no no. The pharmacy is another site, one where you have to be on some serious crack to fit in. We're just high on life here....really....ignore that smoke...it's nothing.....hey, anyone else hungry?

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No no no. The pharmacy is another site, one where you have to be on some serious crack to fit in. We're just high on life here....really....ignore that smoke...it's nothing.....hey, anyone else hungry?

Actually, yea... I thought I'd wander out of the pharmacy area into the deli, and get a sandwich - see how many meats I can pile on one slice of bread - diversity, y'know!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, yea... I thought I'd wander out of the pharmacy area into the deli, and get a sandwich - see how many meats I can pile on one slice of bread - diversity, y'know!
Well, you could always use a slice of dark rye on one side, and white bread on the other to increase the diversity!

Latest Discussions