Planning a free webinar next week - Need time zones.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I’ve downloaded the app. Looks like I have to sign up for their service, but they have a 30 day free trial. I’ll wait until closer to the date to sign up.
I had enough time during lunch to check. Do you see a JOIN MEETING button? if so that's what you'll press once I get the meeting set up. let me know if you don't see a join meeting button.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had enough time during lunch to check. Do you see a JOIN MEETING button? if so that's what you'll press once I get the meeting set up. let me know if you don't see a join meeting button.
Yeah, it’s next to the sign up button. So I can join an existing meeting without signing up? Good to know.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s next to the sign up button. So I can join an existing meeting without signing up? Good to know.
Yep. Webex is just sneaky at how place there signing button. They have always been sneaky with giving the appearance that an account is needed.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Show me this, and I'll show you a person who isn't kicking the lead leg when it's weighted.. It has been stated multiple times that this kick requires that the majority of the weight is placed on the lead leg. If the weight is not on the front leg then this kick will not work. If you truly understand this then you would know that there is no need to kick at the leg unless it's weighted down.

As for the quality of sparring partners. I can land this kick on anyone regardless of skill level. It's not some magic kick. If you understand when this kick is successful then it's just a matter being able to time that weight distribution.

Like I said if you can side step this kick then show that in a sparring video and I'll show that the weight isn't on the front leg.

Here's the thing about my sparring.
1. I spar to learn and not to win, so you'll never see me trying to "out do" and "beat someone". What you will see is me working my techniques.
2. I've sparred against amateur fighters (MMA, Muay Thai, and Boxing). None of them think my skills are lacking.
3. I've sparred against Sanda practitioners and they train similar to how I train. They work their techniques vs trying to KO your sparring partners.

Some of those "dudes" that I spar with are known for Knocking people out in competition.. I definitely wouldn't say that they suck.
It is disheartening when someone blathers about a post when they really have zero clue what the context is.
It is commendable that you are willing to do the webinar. Actions like this are the future of forums IMHO. We will migrate from typing to speaking our entries to hopefully coming full circle back to visible interaction, albeit virtual.

Latest Discussions