• Arachnids/other

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tina called me from work yesterday to say that she'd be running a little late. She showed up 2 1/2 hours later than usual with company. The company was a 5 week old basset hound. She's gorgeous (Tina too)! Tan all over with a little white on the chest. As with every other animal we bring into the house that is Tina's or the kids I attempt to be a bit stand-offish and allow them time to bond before I take over as "alpha male". Didn't work with this one. Last night she slept in my room in a laundry basket lined with one of my sweat shirts. She didn't care for being in the basket at whined for a good while. I got up with her, played for a while, she's already paper trained so that was taken care of. I tried putting her back in the basket and she'd have none of that. This morning Tina awoke to find me wrapped in a blanket on the floor with the pup laying across my throat. I've been told that bassetts can be stubborn and require a firm hand to train them but those eyes are gonna make even my toughened old heart have a hard time with that. I'll post a pic as soon as I get my camera up and running again.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
edhead2000 said:
Where are the pics? I wanna see the puppy! :)
They're on the digital cam but the @#$% program for downloading them from the camera is hosed. Soon as I get the thing debugged I'll post them.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Answer to Poll: All.

Have 3 dogs, 2 cats, four birds, and a fish. And the reason we have so few pets is b/c we are in a small 1-bedroom apt., with most of the room occupied by parrot cages and play perches. Human furniture = 1 bed, 1 settin chair, and a small office chair at a small desk. And, oh god, forgot the bunny. Can't forget the bunny. He owns the kitchen, and bosses the dogs.

Gets claustriphobic around here.

Dave

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have 7 cats, 1 dog, 1 cockatiel and 2 hamsters. And by 'I', I mean 'my wife wouldn't let other people adopt some of the cats when they were kittens'. Don't get me wrong, I like cats, but only in small quantities.

OP
W

white mantis

I'll Take anything but Spiders they just creep me out.

Latest Discussions