Pasadena closing?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Did you bother to read, COULD BE, Cheese and Friggin Rice, I have no idea why it's closing.

Dark Lord
Sir, did you bother to read my questions and your original statement?

You may know what you wanted to write or say, yet, it came across that it was closing because it was a historic place. This makes no sense. I was asking for clarification.

Maybe you step back and take a deep deep breath, and read what you iriginally wrote, and then my questions, and try to approach this like an adult. Can you do this?

I know you say you have no idea on why it is closing, yet why make the implication on the fact that it is closing because it is an old landmark?

Still curious, if you can react in simple friendly manner and reply to my simple question in an adult manner.

Thank You

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Sir, did you bother to read my questions and your original statement?

You may know what you wanted to write or say, yet, it came across that it was closing because it was a historic place. This makes no sense. I was asking for clarification.

Maybe you step back and take a deep deep breath, and read what you iriginally wrote, and then my questions, and try to approach this like an adult. Can you do this?

I know you say you have no idea on why it is closing, yet why make the implication on the fact that it is closing because it is an old landmark?

Still curious, if you can react in simple friendly manner and reply to my simple question in an adult manner.

Thank You
Once again, you're reading much more into the post than you should be, I can't even begin to think why, it's conjecture and speculation on my part as I mentioned before < March 8th 2004 it is scheduled to close, I don't know why, and others are only speculating, but someone knows. Could be something to do with 50 years in operation it has now become an historical landmark site in Pasadena. > nothing more. I simply put the information that was public domain on Kenponet and my own thoughts from talking to some of the people there at the studio.

Dark Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
JD_Nelson said:
Complete agreement with you OFK.

TOD, Man I hope things are going well for you. No matter how you feel about the building, your attitude shows much more disrespect than dissing a building.

Salute,

JD
No, we should all get together to buy a window for Sean's stomach. His head is so far up his butt he needs it to see now. Or, if he's already got that apparatus, some Windex and paper towels so his vision isn't skewed as much.

Dark Lord

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JD_Nelson said:
Complete agreement with you OFK.

TOD, Man I hope things are going well for you. No matter how you feel about the building, your attitude shows much more disrespect than dissing a building.

Salute,

JD
So I guess we should disavow anyone involved in the selling of the building from Kenpo. Maybe we should send Mr. Pick and Mr.Trejo to beat them up. There I said it. Am I a true kenpoist now? You guys are really something else.
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
No, we should all get together to buy a window for Sean's stomach. His head is so far up his butt he needs it to see now. Or, if he's already got that apparatus, some Windex and paper towels so his vision isn't skewed as much.

Dark Lord
Miscreant.

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
So I guess we should disavow anyone involved in the selling of the building from Kenpo. Maybe we should send Mr. Pick and Mr.Trejo to beat them up. There I said it. Am I a true kenpoist now? You guys are really something else.
Sean

Dude pull your head out. NOT what I was suggesting by the slightest. You are more than welcome to post complaints and dislikes. But, you do me and my kenpo brothers an injustice when you show utter lack of respect.

Salute,

JD

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JD_Nelson said:
Dude pull your head out. NOT what I was suggesting by the slightest. You are more than welcome to post complaints and dislikes. But, you do me and my kenpo brothers an injustice when you show utter lack of respect.

Salute,

JD
Others have said it, and you let it fly; so, what gives?

Pacificshore

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fellas:

I'm sure this is not what SGM Parker would expect from all his students, yes his students, whether you learned from him or not, at least your instructor's instructor probably did at one point.

If the Pasadena school is to be considered a landmark, then hopefully it would remain in tact as a museum of the history of American Kenpo. Hey if any of you are close to Pasadena, why not take the opportunity to run down while they are still open, and take some digital stills of the building inside and out. That way you retain a little piece of history for yourselves.

Only a select few will know why they are closing it's doors, and so why even speculate as to why it's happening. Be happy you can be part of the American Kenpo family.

This coming from a non-American Kenpo practitioner, but Kempo person all the same :asian:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pacificshore said:
Fellas:

I'm sure this is not what SGM Parker would expect from all his students, yes his students, whether you learned from him or not, at least your instructor's instructor probably did at one point.

If the Pasadena school is to be considered a landmark, then hopefully it would remain in tact as a museum of the history of American Kenpo. Hey if any of you are close to Pasadena, why not take the opportunity to run down while they are still open, and take some digital stills of the building inside and out. That way you retain a little piece of history for yourselves.

Only a select few will know why they are closing it's doors, and so why even speculate as to why it's happening. Be happy you can be part of the American Kenpo family.

This coming from a non-American Kenpo practitioner, but Kempo person all the same :asian:
Provided the city of pasadena has not marked the bldg for condemnation for being to old, I propose a kenpo practitioner buy the bldg and run classes.
Sean

JD_Nelson

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Do you like historical landmarks?
Is your view developed from a distaste of the seniors?
Can you be objective?
Kansas boy here has not had a chance to see the school.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JD_Nelson said:
Do you like historical landmarks?
Is your view developed from a distaste of the seniors?
Can you be objective?
Kansas boy here has not had a chance to see the school.
Sure I like landmarks, but the bldg is privatly owned and those people have every right to do what they want. Sure I think some seniors are out of line, but you would think if they thought it was important enough, they would purchase the property; however, my feelings for the seniors have nothing to do with this issue. I think I'm about the only one who is being objective; because, I sense that the owner's rights are considered moot by non-objective kenpoists. We still don't know what is happening and why. Perhaps the owners have not been given a choice on the issue. Lets just hide and watch, hmmmm?
Sean

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys...we realize this is a subject that hits close for alot of you.

Discuss it, debate it all you wish.

Just lose the personal shots and attacks.

K?

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The IKKA is involved with some legal problems from the previous owner to EP Jr. Mr. Parker's lawyers advised him to shut down operations until everything could be worked out. I saw this on CANAM website and I know just a very little bit of the whole situation. Pasadena Studio is not going to become a landmark. It is not in financial problem. Just some minor legal problem I do not have the whole story that is what I read and what has been told to me by several sources.

Thanks

Rick

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
The IKKA is involved with some legal problems from the previous owner to EP Jr. Mr. Parker's lawyers advised him to shut down operations until everything could be worked out. I saw this on CANAM website and I know just a very little bit of the whole situation. Pasadena Studio is not going to become a landmark. It is not in financial problem. Just some minor legal problem I do not have the whole story that is what I read and what has been told to me by several sources.

Thanks

Rick
You see? A little information defused the whole situation.
Sean

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Ed Jr. I had a very good conversation about some future projects and joint ventures. At the end we discussed what is happening with Pasadena. There are many factors which people aren’t privy to. The bottom line is that the final chapter of the Pasadena school hasn’t been written yet.

Respectfully,
Datu Tim Hartman
World Modern Arnis Alliance
:asian:

Latest Discussions