Pain compliance techniques - yay or nay?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Talk' started by Bian, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

Yeah, you live in the UK, I'm talking about the states. You guys simply don't have the history that we have. In the past police departments were actively used in my country as a method to purposely control black and brown people. It's getting better thankfully, but unfortunately some people want the police to be the "thin blue line" to hold back the unwashed hordes.

2. dvcochran

dvcochran Grandmaster

The key here is "in the past". No longer true and rather exclusive when it was being done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

Yeah see, this is what I'm talking about.

Why does his history matter in relation to the incident where he was killed? If I commit a crime (even a major crime) and I go to jail for years, am released and re-enter society, am I marked for death by the police forever? If I jay walk across the street and the cops roll up with guns drawn, does that give you the green light to execute me simply because I'm asking questions? That's absurd.

And yeah, I'm aware that there have been cops charged under similar circumstances. I also know that there are many cops who are charged and never convicted. I know there are cops who get fired and simply move and are hired elsewhere. I also know there's plenty of cops who have committed crimes and are never reported, and other cops know about it and keep their mouths shut.

So if you're a no good piece of sxxt and act like a sub-human but, just happen to be the right color and have a badge, who's hauling you in?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  4. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

we have a not so glorious history of doing much the same, , the purpose of the police is largely to protect the haves from the have nots, and part of that seems to include harressing the have nots,

or people who look like a have not that has a nice car or who dont look like they belong in an area, if your not white is safe to conclude its because your not white, of course if you are white, then it needs some more thought

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

You do know that blacks and hispanics get longer jail sentences for the same crimes that whites commit right? Also a black man with a clean record has as much chance of getting hired as a white man with a felony on his record. Finally everyone knows what would have happened if it was a horde of black people storming the US capitol instead of billy joe bob and his redneck pals.

It's not the past, it's happening now. Unfortunately our law enforcement are often used as blunt instruments to keep it going.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

I definitely can agree with that.

7. Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf MT Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Friendly reminder, please avoid political discussions here. And try to stay on the original topic, or at least in the realm of the original topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

Oh dear, bashing the police again. I know it's hard living with the fact they turned you down for a job but hey there's always the doors :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. dvcochran

dvcochran Grandmaster

Then how do you explain the 'storm' that recently happened with BLM? And the other protests across the US? You are using skewed, biased, and bad logic.

10. dvcochran

dvcochran Grandmaster

That is so far from apples to apples that it is just silly. In the moment, when an altercation has occurred, it matters a Lot. All information does.

Wow.

11. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

im not exspecting a reasonable concersation with you, which makes me wonder why im replying,

the police generally do a good job, indifficult circumstances, they do however seem to make a habit of annoying varius demographics, as they have " profiled" them as being potential criminals , this may have a sucess in reducing crime, but some times at the exspence of a lot of annoyed people who are fed up of stops every other time they leave the house.

over years this leads to whole community's having a miss trust of the police and the police generaly being totaly bemused why this is so

as to protecting the haves, its fair to say if you have a quarter of a million in jewellery stolen or a solid gold toilet, the police will put far more effort in to tracking down the culprits than if they steal a poor persons tv set

coz poor peoples crimes dont matter, at all, as my local force has just been rapped for closing many thousands of crimes with no attempt at all at investigation

12. drop bear

drop bear Sr. Grandmaster

Not really their SD stuff. We train with a couple of cops and they are pretty unimpressed.

13. drop bear

Ironically as far as demilitarisation goes. It think the military is further along the path to responsible use of force.

The definitely have better CQB systems.

So Maby more militarisation.

14. drop bear

If it was at that weird angle or not properly on your head i am going to side with the cops.

It just looks stupid.

20210114_054727.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

no mate, it was worn correctly,

a friend of mine, eho had far to much time pn his hands used to listen to the police wave band

and noted, that the vast majority of call were looking for some one wearing a bb cap, he sugested that if they just arrested everyone with a bb cap they could cut crime dramatically, seems the police came to much the same conclusion

• Like Like x 1
  16. dvcochran

dvcochran Grandmaster

Did you mean unimpressed by you or they are unimpressive?

17. Buka

Buka Sr. Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Showing up just fine and dandy on my screen, bro.

18. jobo

jobo Grandmaster

unimpressed by the police training i think

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

You abuse something long enough, it’s going to eventually fight back with no regard for their personal being, because they have nothing left to lose.

Lucky for us it was only those BLM protests. Frankly, we deserve worse for the crap we’ve done, and continue to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hanzou

Hanzou Grandmaster

Not really. What ends up happening is that you still get the lackluster training, but now with military grade hardware. It’s like taking a drunk driver out of a car and putting them at the controls of a tank. You simply get worse results.123

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.