olympic coverage

A

auxprix

Raisin said:
I was on the news about a couple of weeks ago, a 19 year old girl had just got her black belt just intime to make the Olympic team to go to the Olympics, pretty aweseme aye!!!!!! I hope we kick butt!!!! lol

Just two nights ago, I saw a special on NBC about the first Afghani women to compete in the olympics. They named two. One was a sprinter and the other was a Judoka. Strangely enough, they focused on the wrestler (Network T.V. never gives us that kind of attention!) It showed her training in some Colosseum in Afghanistan, and all the guards watching her. They interviewed one of the guards, and he said "If she was my Sister, I'd kill her!" Apparently, many of the Afghani men in law enforcement still want women to wear burkas in public. I feel sorry for the woman. She's accomplishing this great thing for her country, putting her life aside to compete, and nobody even appreciates it. It's very sad.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is my fantasy.

The Afghani woman wins the Olympic gold for her division. She returns and is honored throughout her country as a hero. Hamid Karzai publicly recognizes here and she gets contracts from various sports companies for her remarkable achievement.

She then finds the guard, ***** slaps him, tosses him with an shoulder throw, follows up with a juji gatame and breaks his weasly little arm.

Regards,

Steve

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
She was on the news over here, I thought that awesome that she is going to the Olympics. I hope she does really well and that it changes the male attitudes over in Afganistan about women - yeah right!! in a perfect world maybe!!

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
She then finds the guard, ***** slaps him, tosses him with an shoulder throw, follows up with a juji gatame and breaks his weasly little arm.

If only...on the other hand though...i think a juji gatame would be over too fast...some locks can break the joints before the other person knows whats going on...but i suppose the sooner she broke that elbow...the sooner she could break something else...

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
...Judo, TKD, Greco-Roman, freestyle wrestling

Now were talkin'. I love Greco-roman. I wish I had been a little better at it but I wasn't that good at throwing :rolleyes: . Probably the reason why I seperated 5 ribs from my sternum trying to throw someone.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ooh...that sounds a little rough...what were you trying to throw?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bignick said:
ooh...that sounds a little rough...what were you trying to throw?
A common throw called an arm whizzer. However the opponent didn't go over all that well. I didn't roll anywhere near enough because he was resisting. Anyhow when I started to the mat he landed on the back of my right rib cage. I heard a "pop" and it was very hard to breath at all. I'm still living with them out. Between strengthening the pec muscles to pull them in and the chiro. adjustments it's still sore but I function just the same. Some days are better than others though.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks for sharing the info with everybody else...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks TW everyone should be a asset like yourself.... GOD BLESS AMERICA

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Terry. I didn't want to miss it and it took a while to find it.
I don't know think I can get up and be awake enough to watch TKD at 5AM though. TW

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
that's why people made things like vcr's...and tivo...i love tkd...but 5 a.m. is asking an awful lot out of a college student

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
When the Olympics have finished could someone please post something about the results of the TKD, as I doubt Ill get to see anything over here.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
will do...we got a couple weeks to wait though...i hope they get some good commentators...the ones for the judo coverage were horrible...at least the 6 minutes of it they broadcast on nbc

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
bignick said:
will do...we got a couple weeks to wait though...i hope they get some good commentators...the ones for the judo coverage were horrible...at least the 6 minutes of it they broadcast on nbc

I noticed that too, today. NBC was scrambling at the last minute for commentators for judo and TKD-saw that somewhere. I guess it wasn't a priority. They had hundreds of commentators to find. Well, I'll look forward to seeing it next week anyway. Just hope they give it some time. TW

T

Tkang_TKD

I plan on recording all of the TKD that comes on all the channels (I have all that are showing the olympics). I have a video capture card in my computer so I'll be able to capture the whole blocks of time when they showthe TKD.

I'll have to do alot of cutting of the video, just so I only show the TKD stuff. I'll post links up once I get the chance. I'll be doing a practice run through of the Judo events for tonight (early AM 18 Aug.).

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
check back earlier in this thread...they're posted

T

Tkang_TKD

grrrrrr..... I forgot to register my recording program, and it only recorded 10 minutes of the sailing.... I'll try to run my test again soon :)

Latest Discussions