olympic coverage

T

Tkang_TKD

TKD USA said:
Darn you telemundo Darn you!!
Looks like there is still a chance that it will be on on CNBC. My 11am-2pm shows TKD as one of the events squeezed in with volleyball, handball, and wrestling.

Don't give up hope yet :)

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Thomas for the heads up, I waited patiently and lo and behold, they put the match on CNBC after all the volleyball. I taped it manually, yay, the best match so far! The Turkey guy got desperate at the last and tried the head shot, little too late. TW

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah...caught most of it...didn't tape it...hope Tkang got ahold of it

T

TKD USA

Tkang i'm trying to play one of your videos and it just won't let me all my other videos play fine but yours doesn't.

T

Tkang_TKD

Everyone, I got the gold medal match. It will be going up later on this afternoon.

TKD_USA, what version of windows Media Player are you using, and what operating system? I encoded with version 9 for Win2K/XP. I can always try to convert to a different version for you.

D

Disco

Watched both of Lopez's matches yesterday on the "Telemundo" channel. At least I picked up a little spanish :uhyeah: Still trying to figure out how Lopez won his match with the guy from Mexico. From the view I saw (TV and only one angle), Mexico won the fight. Didn't really care for the ref either in that fight. Now the gold medal fight also was questionable, until the last 2 minutes and Lopez scored well. I stopped going to competitions many years ago because of lots of politics and dirty fighters, but at least the fights were more interesting (when not dirty), than what I saw in the Olympics. How in the world does someone become world class :idunno: with only one technique? Only thing I saw Lopez use was the roundhouse and the only GOOD point I saw Lopez score with was a left roundhouse in the final round. Perhaps some of the rules have changed, that would at least explain why these fights were so bland.

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, those competitions look bland. Mostly roundhouse kicks. We are taught never to lead with roundhouse. But they just seem to bait and wait...mostly wait. Too much respect. I think they should flip for offensive and give a time limit like in football. Move or lose.

I missed the early morning 7 am. session again. I set it for 15 min. ahead since that was when they seemed to do it. Well, I got the last 1-2 min. of the guys' match and an hour of wrestling after that. sigh! So far, I got two prelims, 1 fly gold mens, 1 welter gold mens, taped. I figured out my tape machine now, almost too late, but what's the point when the airing time doesn't agree with the schedule. TW

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have not been impressed with the coverage of this event or what I saw (for the most part)

I just watched the womans championship and it was boreing.
The mens 80k on the other hand I must say was great (if not short) the Korean placed a beautiful kick to end it. :asian: Powerful and graceful (even if he did fall doing it)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would have loved to be able to watch more freestyle wrestling. I got to watch one match last night :rolleyes: . Then all I got was 1 women's TKD match and one men's TKD match :rolleyes: . Maybe we need to write to our congressman or something to get what we want on tv :idunno: . That just sucked period. 17 days of the olympics & I got 1 freestyle match, 2 greco-roman, and 2 TKd matches. That's horrible.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I finally was able to sit down and watch some wrestling yesterday, I was so excited and the POOF!! the power goes out in our area. Needless to say... three hours later when the power came back on, it wasn't being covered anymore. :idunno: just my dumb luck I guess. :(

T

Tkang_TKD

bignick said:
are any of the other matches gonna get posted?
I didn't catch any of the Heavyweights, but I should have Steven Lopez's gold medal match and the womens welterweight gold up this evening some time.

I had to take a break over the weekend, and get some sleep :)

T

Tkang_TKD

Ok, Finally, I have the womens and mens welterweight gold medal matches up. I have changed the layout of the site just a little. There are now subdirectories called FlyWeight, and WelterWeight. Each subdirectory contains the coverage that I managed to get.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get any of the featherweight or Heavyweight matches.

For those who haven't seen the links:

http://24.161.168.91/tkd

T

TKD_Charlie

hey Tkand TKD, thanks a million for puttin up the videos, i havent had the chance to see any of the matches. however, im trying to access the site right now, and its sayin that it wont work. is it just me or other ppl too?

T

Tkang_TKD

There has been a lot of demand for this, and since it's hosted on my home computer, I can only allow 10 users at a time to access it. My commercial site doesn't have the available bandwidth to allow me to host these files at their current size.

Please keep trying to access them. I'll try to upload some of them my commercial server later on today so I can split the load.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well...the olympics are over...and they've probably left most of the world conciousness...any follow up thoughts?

i thought the knockout in the heavyweight fight was spectacular...and as i posted earlier the greek woman mystikadous (spelling is so wrong it's not funny) really impressed me with her speed on counters....

anyone else's thoughts?

Latest Discussions