Older Martial Artists - aging and abilities

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Denying aging in my opinion is not a good thing, you can stay in good shape as you age, baring injuries or other health issues that may hit one as you age. But to deny it, that is denial and that is not healthy either. The people I have seen, or meant, that are in their 60s, 70s, 80s or older that are training martial arts or any physical activity tend to embrace their age and that is the way to stay healthy in both body and mind

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Last weekend, I just heard another Chen Taiji teacher passed away in Houston, Texas at the age of 63. IMO, you can't

- remain your bone density if you don't lift weight.
- have a strong lung/heart if you don't run.
- reduce your body injury if you don't stretch.
- maintain you balance if you don't stand on one leg.
- keep yourself young if you don't kick.
- maintain your health if you don't sweat.

If you don't use it, you will lose it forever.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As young men and women, we all have plans as to how we're going to do this or that as we get older. We're all going to be the next jack LaLanne.

Man plans, God laughs.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
As young men and women, we all have plans as to how we're going to do this or that as we get older. We're all going to be the next jack LaLanne.

Man plans, God laughs.

You know, I watched my parents go through this whole aging thing and never ONCE did I think I was going to go through it too. Never thought about arthritis or any other age related issue....heck I was on my way to being Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Bill Wallace, Sensei Kaan, Mr. Kim, Shifu Jiang, etc...... yup...... Man plans, God...well I'm sure there is at least a chuckle...

Latest Discussions