oh come ON!!!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Problem solved... Folgers Coffee Singles

folgers_instant_singles_imagereg.jpg

:D

But for the record, when I make coffee, and it is rare these day since tea is SO much better

I use one of these to make coffee

french_press.jpg

And yes I buy whole bean and grind it myself

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
my press bit the dust a while ago....I miss it...(and before I go with singles, I make tea. Unless traveling.... nope, not that desperate)

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think franchise coffee houses have an agreement with coffee maker makers (lol, maker makers!). Make glass caraffes and we wil give you a cut of our profits.

While us poor coffee mongrels are without a caraffe, we compromise and go to places like the one named for famous male deer.

Anyway, I feel your pain and hope your day gets better.

James

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Problem solved... Folgers Coffee Singles

folgers_instant_singles_imagereg.jpg

:D

But for the record, when I make coffee, and it is rare these day since tea is SO much better

I use one of these to make coffee

french_press.jpg

And yes I buy whole bean and grind it myself
Them Folgers Tea Bag coffee things are awesome, but I brew my own.:)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think franchise coffee houses have an agreement with coffee maker makers (lol, maker makers!). Make glass caraffes and we wil give you a cut of our profits.

While us poor coffee mongrels are without a caraffe, we compromise and go to places like the one named for famous male deer.

Anyway, I feel your pain and hope your day gets better.

James

Ah, thanks, the day stayed about the same, but we didn't get a big catastrophy, so in all, it ended well.

(but generally speaking, my day pretty much begs for copious amounts of adult beverages once the kid come from school....teenage years...man, I was a good kid! How did I deserve one with an attitude?! :()

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, thanks, the day stayed about the same, but we didn't get a big catastrophy, so in all, it ended well.

(but generally speaking, my day pretty much begs for copious amounts of adult beverages once the kid come from school....teenage years...man, I was a good kid! How did I deserve one with an attitude?! :()
It was your attitude.:angel:

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
seriously wait till black friday sales.
every year for as long as I can remember one or all of the retailers like target, walmart, fryes, best buy, etc.etc. will have deals on toasters, cofee makers, indoor grills etc. Usually like 5 or 6 bucks. College kids will go and buy 3 or 4 of each and when it gets dirty, scratched, or broken they throw it away and go through them until the next years good friday sales.

or you could just join the keurig cult. my brother got one.. I am not sure I am going to go that route.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might also consider checking out some second-hand stores and posting on Freecycle.org to see if you can find a carafe that works.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It was your attitude.:angel:

:lfao:

Must have been!

Well, I am nursing the pot along for now....might outlive me yet.
I do have a Keurig, a handmedown....but since I am having a serious morning coffee habit, it's just not cutting it. though the coffee is very good.

I have eyed the fancier models with thermos pot (my mom has one, really nice) or the one you just stick the cup under....

or the cheapo 18 buck one...(as long as it's not white) I have pretty much given up on the spares...it's a crying shame. Hey Obama, pass a law on that!