Obesity and Self-protection?

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Optimally, shouldn't a self-defense situation be over in a few seconds? That mugger is either going to shoot or stab your, or you are going to disarm/disable him, in something well short of three 5 minute rounds.

Now, that said, my lack of stamina has limited my ability to train as long and hard as I like... that's why I now am spending all that time on the elliptical machine.

-David

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The owner of my school is badly, likely permanenly, injured.

For me, it's a matter of focusing my mind, and not letting myself get distracted. I've seen the owner of my school try to move a certain way, with his technique being letter-perfect...aside from the part of his body that doesn't respond. It's heart-wrenching to watch. Yet, he he won't let me feel sorry for him. If he sees the expression on my face change, he tries to focus me in on what he is teaching.

I dunno, a person that happens to be overweight, that is not something that bothers me. I don't think it would in an instructor, either.

On the contrary, I don't really like to see anyone denigrated because of their weight. Something about that really bothers me. But, that's just my thoughts...

Latest Discussions