nyce very nice!!!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nice clip Manny! These days many Karate schools teach the TKD style kicks, especially if they are competition oriented. Regardless of style, the fighter is very talented, and I see a lot of old school TKD and Karate in there.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
The gentleman in question, Christophe Pinna, actually began training in Taekwon-Do while quite young before switching to Shotokan. It's pretty obvious, however, that those kicks are the result of much more recent cross training, not what he learned at 5.

Pax,

Chris

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
So the red belt gentelman strated tkd as a kid and then switched to shotokan it will be interesting to know why, however as been written here his kicks seems to be olimpic style tkd instead clasic tkd.

Soemthing about this clip that I loved, it's that the martial art shown there (a mixture for sure of tkd kicks and karate tactics at leas on the red belt com competitor) is very nice and balaced, this is the kind of kyorugy I like.

Manny

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good clip Manny. (why did I keep comparing it to Alex's clip? :) ) Different rules to TKD. Kicks can be caught.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Christope Pinna is a Tkd BB. Who in his late teens started competing in Karate. He is the 2000 world champion. His initial art is Tkd.

Latest Discussions