Nutrition?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Do you take any type of nutritions? Supplements? for your martial art training?

For myself..just a daily multi vitamins and minerals pill(Kirkland). Certain days (redbull)....sometimes "Emer'gen-"C, from Alacer.

Which ones have you found works best for you? ...Aloha

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have taken various supplements like protein shakes onmmany occasion, though I struggle with sticking to a healthy eating plan. I do take vitamins when I remember and tend to first try homeopathic methods for illness etc. I have used Advocare products and EAS products. I like both but after awhile th expense gets me especially the Advocare products.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note:

Thread moved to Health Tips for the Martial Artist.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Senior Moderator

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just drink Kauai coffee! Just kidding. Actually we get the coffee shipped to us monthly.

I take Shaklee vitamins, calcium/mag, glucosamine sulfate, MSM, Nutriferon (Shaklee immunity booster), and Juice Plus (derivatives of vegetables or fruits). Also been trying to stick to the South Beach diet in theory now. TW

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I try to keep my fat/protien/carb ratios at about 1/3 each, like the Zone diet recomends. Just makes sense to me. I also buy whole food as much as possible trying to follow the Weston A. Price Foundation food guidelines.

Shirt Ripper

Black Belt
Reaction score
I eat a lot. And need to eat more as I am struggling to maintain weight recently. Multi-Vits, 0-3 supps, proteen bombs.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shirt Ripper said:
I eat a lot. And need to eat more as I am struggling to maintain weight recently. Multi-Vits, 0-3 supps, proteen bombs.

Explain Protein Bomb, please. :)

RoninPimp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Shirt Ripper said:
My bad; just slang for protein shake..powder..eggs...whatever.
-No, the "protien bomb" comes later if you drink too many of those :)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Do you take any type of nutritions? Supplements? for your martial art training?

For myself..just a daily multi vitamins and minerals pill(Kirkland). Certain days (redbull)....sometimes "Emer'gen-"C, from Alacer.

Which ones have you found works best for you? ...Aloha

I drink Shakeology (meal replacement drink) and Results and Recovery Formula (post-workout). I also take a multivitamin.

Latest Discussions