Noah's ark found

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Also see TOS about doing the thread bump thing.
Toodles.

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Jump to: navigation, search
Ronald Eldon Wyatt (1933 – August 4, 1999) was an adventurer and former nurse anesthetist noted for advocating the Durup&#305;nar site as the site of Noah's Ark, among other Bible-related pseudoarchaeology. His claims were dismissed by scientists, historians, biblical scholars, and even by leaders in his own Seventh-day Adventist Church, but his work continued to have a following among some fundamentalists and evangelical Christians.
:rolleyes:

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So many people have claimed to find Noah's ark. On top of other discoveries that would "Prove the bible correct"
Problem is they haven't proven it to be true archeological discoveries. If it were true, we would all know about it. It would be on the news everywhere. That would be a HUGE discovery.

I am in no way bashing Christianity for this. But I do think that these people are doing more harm than good by claiming to find things that are later proven to have nothing to do with the claimed subject matter or are so obviously fake that they are ignored completely.

I am fully willing to discuss the topic respectfully. And if anyone ever does find a groundbreaking archeological discovery that goes hand in hand with the bible I do believe that it would be very exciting from a historical point of view. But I hope you will excuse me for not being excited about the video posted in the OP.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This sort of "discovery" tends to be pseudo-science at best, outright fraud at worst (and more commonly).

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ark or no(ah) ark…heh… one can’t deny the existence of the “Flood Mythology” that is present in most cultures and religions (alive and dead.)

It first appeared in humanity’s earliest known text, the “Epic of Gilgamesh”, and reappears in others from Greek mythology to the Old Testament.

A more productive and enlightening conversation might be to discuss whether the story is quite possibly based in fact due to its pervasiveness or simply allegory.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ark or no(ah) ark&#8230;heh&#8230; one can&#8217;t deny the existence of the &#8220;Flood Mythology&#8221; that is present in most cultures and religions (alive and dead.)

It first appeared in humanity&#8217;s earliest known text, the &#8220;Epic of Gilgamesh&#8221;, and reappears in others from Greek mythology to the Old Testament.

A more productive and enlightening conversation might be to discuss whether the story is quite possibly based in fact due to its pervasiveness or simply allegory.

I'm in agreement with this statement. Stories like Noah's Ark and the Great Flood should be the subject of serious study, NOT to "prove" the Bible/Torah right or wrong, but to see if ALL of the flood stories have a basis in fact from surviving people's that have been passed on and what may have caused a geological event like that.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What do you mean "found"..... Noah's ark is docked in Cologne, Germany.....

noahs-ark.jpg

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It stands to reason that many cultures have stories about floods, as mankind, by necessity, lives next to water. Storms are among the most violent acts of nature we know, and floods can be the most destructive. A thunderstorm may kill an animal or blow down a tree. A major storm may destroy a season's crop. However, a flood (and the associated erosion) can not only cause widespread loss of plant and animal life but can render an entire region unviable for any inhabitants that may have survived such an event.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It stands to reason that many cultures have stories about floods, as mankind, by necessity, lives next to water. Storms are among the most violent acts of nature we know, and floods can be the most destructive. A thunderstorm may kill an animal or blow down a tree. A major storm may destroy a season's crop. However, a flood (and the associated erosion) can not only cause widespread loss of plant and animal life but can render an entire region unviable for any inhabitants that may have survived such an event.

A note on floods:

Floods are also sometimes necessary for survival. All along the Mohawk River there were and in some places still are corn fields and farms. This is because of the rich soil that uses to be placed there by the yearly floods. However a flood there today, and there have been a few, can be rather devastating due to the large number of houses and farms that sit on teh flood plain. Also flood levels are slightly predictable due to the flood records that have been kept the 100 year flood levels are based on this. However it is also possible that there are 500 year, 100 year all the way up to 1,000,000 year flood levels. However we have not been keeping records that long. It was discussed in a climatology class, I took many years ago, that based on the large number of flood myths in multiple civilizations it could be that it was something along the lines of a 10,000 year flood level or something like that. However whether it was something like that or not there simply is not enough water on the planet or in its atmosphere to flood the entire globe. However it was also discussed that if you are a person living in a rather large village someplace (well large for the time) towards the end of the last ice age and a glacial damn, holding back a sea of melt water, a few thousand miles fails completely it is possible that sea of water that appears out of nowhere and wipes your village (or settlement) off the face of the earth, and that person survives, well there is a good flood myth in the making right there

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Dream Time talks of great flooding, they grand canyon was a result of centuries of flooding and water ways. Recently nearly the whole of Queensland, Australia was flooded. That's a modern version, there may be a story of hope in years to come of the great Julia Gillard, who made the water recede with a levy she created from thin air. That brought all the state tribes together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
My dear old dad used to call these things , Noah's Arks.
When we used to go to the beach , he'd say "Watch out for the Noah's".
Bit of Aussie rhyming slang for you there.

sharkcrop-420x0.jpg

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yup, Jonah was a whale.

Noah's Arks=Sharks, that rhyming slang throws me every time...LOL

Latest Discussions