no touch knock out??

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I try to keep an open mind but... stuff like this is just a little hard to swallow sometimes. I think sometimes we just want the martial arts to be mystical and a little magical. Even when they're not. No offense intended, just my two cents...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
green meanie said:
I try to keep an open mind but... stuff like this is just a little hard to swallow sometimes. I think sometimes we just want the martial arts to be mystical and a little magical. Even when they're not. No offense intended, just my two cents...

Hello, The orgin of the story is true: his kiai..stop an attack. By using a strong tone/voice...we practice this..."KIAI!" ..before a person who wants to fight us...strategy..Give a loud "kiai" with a strong stance...the idea is not to start a fight...prevent one from happening. Again-this is a strategy to be use..when your instincts tells you to use this one! ....Aloha

(this is just a joke here) Police man are sometimes thought of the strongest people in the world...they can hold-up traffic with their hand.

simon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i went on a dillman seminar in the uk a few years back....never again.
though i beleive in the pressure point system,dillman himself is a person who loves himself,what a shame i made him look a bit silly hehehehe.

we all signed waivers so that he wouldnt be held respnsible for anything,but on the form it asked for any injurys and stuff, i put down about my very bad knee ( much better now after accupuncture).
he then walked around the students not telling them what was going to happen then suddenly hit knockout points or drop points ( smiling and luaghing just like he does on the vids),he then walked up to me and he went for a knee strike, my reaction was to move before he hit it and his attacking knee strike shot past,he gave me a dirty look and moved on to the next person, 5minsd later he approached and tried to belittle me in front of the students about wimping out of being hit by him,i pointed out to him that had he read the waivers or actually asked he would have known about my bad knee....and that i train i a martial art where when someone attacks or takes us by suprise we defend ourselves...not stand their, i then asked him whether he could hit any of the knock outs when actually sparring and basiucally said i would like to see this done....on me.
mr dillman walked away and carried on with the seminar and basically ignored me, ive trained with high grades and big names before,they have always ( to my painful pleasure) proven to me any little freindly challenges ive thrown at them,but mr dillman just walked away.
maby people commented that day about their unhappines with mr dillman.

i would also like to point out that on the smeinar...he knocked out his oiwn students,,but would only do pain points on us outsiders and not actually knock out, is this a pattern forming here???.

SALUTE

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
simon said:
i went on a dillman seminar in the uk a few years back....never again.
though i beleive in the pressure point system,dillman himself is a person who loves himself,what a shame i made him look a bit silly hehehehe.

we all signed waivers so that he wouldnt be held respnsible for anything,but on the form it asked for any injurys and stuff, i put down about my very bad knee ( much better now after accupuncture).
he then walked around the students not telling them what was going to happen then suddenly hit knockout points or drop points ( smiling and luaghing just like he does on the vids),he then walked up to me and he went for a knee strike, my reaction was to move before he hit it and his attacking knee strike shot past,he gave me a dirty look and moved on to the next person, 5minsd later he approached and tried to belittle me in front of the students about wimping out of being hit by him,i pointed out to him that had he read the waivers or actually asked he would have known about my bad knee....and that i train i a martial art where when someone attacks or takes us by suprise we defend ourselves...not stand their, i then asked him whether he could hit any of the knock outs when actually sparring and basiucally said i would like to see this done....on me.
mr dillman walked away and carried on with the seminar and basically ignored me, ive trained with high grades and big names before,they have always ( to my painful pleasure) proven to me any little freindly challenges ive thrown at them,but mr dillman just walked away.
maby people commented that day about their unhappines with mr dillman.

i would also like to point out that on the smeinar...he knocked out his oiwn students,,but would only do pain points on us outsiders and not actually knock out, is this a pattern forming here???.

SALUTE

Thanks for sharing your story!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
simon said:
he then walked up to me and he went for a knee strike, my reaction was to move before he hit it and his attacking knee strike shot past,he gave me a dirty look and moved on to the next person, 5minsd later he approached and tried to belittle me in front of the students about wimping out of being hit by him,i pointed out to him that had he read the waivers or actually asked he would have known about my bad knee....a

What I find interesting here is that you signed the waiver then he went for the knee you told him was bad.

Lets just assume for a second that he may have read the waiver first.... What does that tell you about him?

Reaction score
lol this man seems like a fake 2 me , when i used to do jujitsu when i was 9 i went to a massive gethering with about 200 kukitsu students all under 10 years old and there was a black belt who claimed he knocked a man through a window using "chi" and for some reason most people believed him!

i dont believe in chi , i see it as a representation or energy and the way the body moves during MA techniques and normal movement , however i did try tai chi once and it did make me feel good , but as i said i belive its the way the body moves that might make sone natural part of the body change , theres a scientific reason behind it all IMO

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think we have made a discovery as to how these no touch knockouts work ;) There's been some discussion about these on a finnish site I frequent and one guy quoted a book by one Finnish kyosho expert. In the book there's a quote from Jimmy K. Yamaue (Yamaue-ryû Aikijutsu 10. Dan, Nord Shaolin Kungfu 10. Dan). I'll attempt to translate it as accurately as I can:
For the last 25 years I have worked with numerous researchers, computer experts, healers, doctors and Japan's Internation Brain Institute in order to be able to give a modern explanation to the peculiar ki phenomenon.

Nowadays we already have lots of research data and we know what we're dealing with. But we still don't have equipment good enough to measure the various ki rays.

But already 25 years ago we were able to measure enourmous infrared rays that strong ki masters generate. Sometimes the rays were even 100 times stronger than ordinary humans. These rays were measured with an infrared meter to be even three meters long. It is a known fact that infrared rays have a healing effect
So, what he is saying that the rays were measured to be 3 meters long, but basic physics tells us that unless there is an obstacle in the path, the rays must continue onwards. It therefore stands to reason that he must mean the wavelength. Now there's just one small mistake there: a 3 meter wave isn't in the infrared spectrum, it is in radio frequency spectrum, specifically in the VHF band (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_frequency), around 100 MHz. They're using radiowaves to control their opponents' brains ;) (hear my chi :p)

The other explanation would be that he made a mistake on the wavelength part and he really is talking about infrared (wavelength should then be from 1 mm to 750 nm, source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum#Infrared_radiation) which would make the ki masters outside temperature to be at least around 700 Celsius (almost 1300 Fahrenheit), because, as one physics student put it
Intensity of radiation is proportional to the fourth power of the objects temperature, so it is easy to calculate the body temperature of the ki masters if the infrared radiation is hundred times stronger than from an ordinary human. We need to calculate the square root of square root of 100, which is about 3.16. Normal temperature of humans is 37 degrees Celsius (98.6 Fahrenheit) or 310 Kelvins, so the body temperature of a ki master is 3.16 times that. Therefore we get 980 Kelvins (707 Celsius and 1304 Fahrenheit) as body temperature

A person this hot would probably literally glow, which means that part of the radiation would be in the visible light spectrum. Therefore we must conclude that the body temperature must be even higher in order for the infrared portion to be hundred times stronger
All translation errors are mine :D

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I studied under a DKI type loser for 7 years (obviously I was unaware of his loser status at the time). Heres the go on no touch knockouts. They don't work. Never have, never will. And for the record the reason tapping pressure points in general seems so effective is because of the blind faith of the students of the instructor involved. KI's Mark Klein was in my old dojo a few years back and was demonstarting on one of my instructors 'top' students. He was demonstrating the wrong way to do but obviously the student wasn't informed of this and got the leg wobbles anyway. It's all a sham. Dillman also had issues with getting regular pressure points working on people. I heard he was at Chuck Norris' house doing some training, Rickson Gracie was there among others. George was doing the stomach five crap tap on Rickson getting no effect gradually getting harder. He eventually hit Rickson so hard that he had had enough. Rickson took George's legs and was ready to pound him when he got dragged off. Well if he can't do regular ones I doubt he can do anything else
Cheers
Sam

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I studied under a DKI type loser for 7 years (obviously I was unaware of his loser status at the time). Heres the go on no touch knockouts. They don't work. Never have, never will. And for the record the reason tapping pressure points in general seems so effective is because of the blind faith of the students of the instructor involved. KI's Mark Klein was in my old dojo a few years back and was demonstarting on one of my instructors 'top' students. He was demonstrating the wrong way to do but obviously the student wasn't informed of this and got the leg wobbles anyway. It's all a sham. Dillman also had issues with getting regular pressure points working on people. I heard he was at Chuck Norris' house doing some training, Rickson Gracie was there among others. George was doing the stomach five crap tap on Rickson getting no effect gradually getting harder. He eventually hit Rickson so hard that he had had enough. Rickson took George's legs and was ready to pound him when he got dragged off. Well if he can't do regular ones I doubt he can do anything else
Cheers
Sam

well, that's not surprising, dillman has had for many years, many MA folks role their eyes at his weird attempts to prove things that are utterly useless in the real world.

Latest Discussions