no touch knock out??

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
I have...at this moment...$400 dollars in my wallet that will go to the person who can knock me out without touching me.

Careful...$400 buys a lot of Burritos. I'll see you in Buffalo.

I won't buy the no-touch KO until The Amazing Randi certifies it as legit for me.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
I have...at this moment...$400 dollars in my wallet that will go to the person who can knock me out without touching me.

Reminds me of the bet one guy on finnish martial arts forum has proposed: he'll let anyone try to knock him out without touching him for 5 minutes. Then he'll get to use his hands and feet. After 5 minutes they'll switch again and this will continue until one of them is knocked out :D No takers so far

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well dilman is a pretty good Ma'er but I just have a hard time believing anybody can be knocked out without being touched. Don't buy it won't have it.
Terry

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it's important to remember than George Dillman really does have a lot of goodinfo. It's just that he has some highly questionable theories too.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Yes, it's important to remember than George Dillman really does have a lot of goodinfo. It's just that he has some highly questionable theories too.

Yes, I just don't understand why he goes there? I think the power of suggestion has a lot to do with why it works on some people. I've met the Amazing Randi and I just BET he'd love to have Mr. Dillman try one on him. Still, while I don't personally believe that there's anything to it beyond the power of belief and suggestibility, I don't hold HIS theories against his students. I just disagree, personally, with them (the theories).

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Yes, I just don't understand why he goes there? I think the power of suggestion has a lot to do with why it works on some people. I've met the Amazing Randi and I just BET he'd love to have Mr. Dillman try one on him. Still, while I don't personally believe that there's anything to it beyond the power of belief and suggestibility, I don't hold HIS theories against his students. I just disagree, personally, with them (the theories).

Johnathan I just have to agree with your statement, his theories just don't hold up to me either. nice guy anyway
Terry

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:

No thrown objects, please.

The last time I made this offer it was last year about this time and it was $700...and that money went to a downpayment on my second condo. Nobody attempted to collect. This money is slated for a new camera...assuming nobody does a successful "no touch" on me.

Regards,

Steve

What if I didnt change my socks for a month and then was allowed to keep them badboys on!that 700 would be mine!!!

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:
Well, trial and error are scientific. But I think I know what you're getting at, and I, of course, have no mechanical or physical explanation, just theories and experiments. There isn't proof either way because every person and every situation are different. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It's been tried on me, but did not work. That doesn't mean it never will. There are other things to it, though. For example, there are controlling techniques using certain sounds (and no, I'm not talking about kiaijitsu and all that) and words that distract and stop attackers. I guess that could count as a no-touch technique. Blowing in someone's face to distract can be effective, as long as it's not the only thing you have. Maybe (just maybe) the no-touch chi stuff works similarly. Maybe it gets energy going a certain way which makes other techniques easier, or maybe it doesn't but DKI thinks it might, so they continue to experiment. Who knows? But I think it's obviously still in the research stage. That's the science, and I'm glad someone's doing it. I don't know the guy, but maybe he doesn't care if it works, but he just wants to know. But what if it can be proven to work? It will help in fighting and in healing, so I say, experiment away and thanks for trying.

I will say this, however; GD probably shouldn't record such things and say that he can do things that aren't 100%, but that's a different issue about marketing.

Very good points,nothing really can be disproven until it has been proven that it doesnt exist...hey man proving that 'chi balls' exist could be as hard as proving that there is a god,just because no one has seen it does not mean it doesnt exist..and if we are to beleive an unseen (and slightly contracting) almighty 'thing' created the entire universe without any physical evidence or for any explanation then we cant really slate a man for making such a claim.

jazkiljok

Brown Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:

well, after seeing that documentary recently- the one already commented on in another thread--where george rambles absurdly about why under the scrutiny of some disinterested parties- that his no touch stuff fell flat-- i very much now doubt anything that comes out of his mouth. his research has led him to some extreme nonsense. the earlier nerve activations material was not his to start with.

frankly, i'd be concern with anyone's power to suggest idiotic things to people and have them believe it... :shrug:

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
jazkiljok said:
well, after seeing that documentary recently- the one already commented on in another thread--where george rambles absurdly about why under the scrutiny of some disinterested parties- that his no touch stuff fell flat-- i very much now doubt anything that comes out of his mouth. his research has led him to some extreme nonsense. the earlier nerve activations material was not his to start with.

frankly, i'd be concern with anyone's power to suggest idiotic things to people and have them believe it... :shrug:

Hey, don't knock Grand Poobah Dillman, you may need him to move the line at Starbuck's.

HKF

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few years ago I offered the challenge of someone that i know personally studying this to come back and knock me out without touching me (friendly bet) when they reached this skill level. Still waiting for him to come back and do it......................:0)

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I watched this martial arts show once were this guy from japan had devolped this way of using his voice in order to attack people (no serously) he would just shout at people and they would be unable to attack him......he was saying his master could kill small birds just by shouting at them.....

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah man the show was called '' mind,body and kickass moves ''
check that out on google.I think he called his voice his kaia or something like that.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Odin said:
I watched this martial arts show once were this guy from japan had devolped this way of using his voice in order to attack people (no serously) he would just shout at people and they would be unable to attack him......he was saying his master could kill small birds just by shouting at them.....

I have seen this demonstrated by someone. I noticed it was always on his own student. the student would fall away as if struck by an invisible laser blast. I had thought I had seen it all.......................

Latest Discussions