New Christmas Traditions...The Pope Tackle

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Apparently, the celebrations don't get started until the Holy Father has been tackled...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What amused me was the announcement that Midnight Mass would be at ten o'c'ock instead of midnight because of the Pope's busy schedule!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What amused me was the announcement that Midnight Mass would be at ten o'c'ock instead of midnight because of the Pope's busy schedule!

What Gordon said ;)

Its not that unusual for an RC church to have a midnight Mass at an hour earlier than Midnight. We had ours at 9pm.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Gordon said ;)

Its not that unusual for an RC church to have a midnight Mass at an hour earlier than Midnight. We had ours at 9pm.

yeah but the Pope has always had it at midnight (hence the name midnight mass lol) which is why they made the announcement that it wouldn't be then. He could well be the first one for hundreds of years to have his midnight at ten.:)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
yeah but the Pope has always had it at midnight (hence the name midnight mass lol) which is why they made the announcement that it wouldn't be then. He could well be the first one for hundreds of years to have his midnight at ten.:)

That's true! Wasn't thinking about it in terms of Vatican traditions.

Pope Benedict is in his 80s, I suspect the change due to his busy schedule has more to do with maintaining his health.

Regardless, the headline Bill captured just cracks me up :lol:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing at an 82 year old man that is the religious head of the Catholic church getting knocked down but "The Pope Tackle" is just a Damn funny thing to read :lol:

Latest Discussions