New All Kenpo Magazine is coming..........

C

CoolKempoDude

this is awesome. Finally, we can have our own kenpo magazine. I hope this magazine doesn't cover ONLY AK.

i would like to see all styles of kenpo/kempo covered in this magazine.

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolKempoDude
this is awesome. Finally, we can have our own kenpo magazine. I hope this magazine doesn't cover ONLY AK.

i would like to see all styles of kenpo/kempo covered in this magazine.

There is a survey located on the site that you can fill out. One of the things they ask in the survey is what forms of kenpo would you like to see covered in the magazine.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I predict a nose dive, it would be like walking on eggshells. Now that I've mixed my metaphores, I will wish it good luck.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is it gonna be a e-mag? I hope it will be hard copy. It sounds like a real solid idea, and I noticed it does look like the Tracy site. Does anyone know who is involved with this undertaking?

B.H.G.:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not working for me either...looks like a DNS issue from my end. Give it a day n see what happens.

I like the idea, though I don't quite care for the layour of the site. (Bit hard on my eyes).

<shameless plug> Course ya can always submit Kenpo content to MT magazine. </shameless plug> :D

K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by RCastillo
If the Dragon is endorsing, he must have his big hands in it!:eek:

No he doesn't, I sent him the link after Kirk sent it to me.

The link was working, maybe the site crashed because everyone was looking at it.

Dot
:confused:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl
No he doesn't, I sent him the link after Kirk sent it to me.

The link was working, maybe the site crashed because everyone was looking at it.

Dot
:confused:

If thats true, then they really need to find some real hosting.

Looks like they are hosted by 1and1.com whose site is up, but lists alot of stuff as 'coming soon'..host sends up some red flags to me...they are offering 3 years hosting for free. They also claim to be the worlds #1 webhost...yet I've never heard of em, and theres alot of questions about em on the hosting forums. Mighta over extended and crashed a server with the site not being backed up or something. No clue.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, did a little digging.

According to the domain records, their nameservers are at 1on1 yet querrying the 1on1 nameservers generated errors. Additionally, going to the IP address returned generated additional errors. It looks like the site was taken down, though no clue on if it was by the host or the folks behind the magazine themselves.

I'd give it a few days as they might either be moving to a different host or having some temporary problems.

L

lonekimono

not working on the east coast,,but nothing works on the east coast:soapbox: :confused:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very true LoneKimono. Today I tried the link and it said that it was only registered. :confused:

L

lonekimono

Hey what are you going do??
i'll talk to later i'm still full from last night:eek: :D

L

lonekimono

sorry about that i mean i'll talk to you later:rofl: :rofl: :shrug:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Very true LoneKimono. Today I tried the link and it said that it was only registered. :confused:

Thats interesting. Site worked, then wasn't found, now is 'coming soon'.

Something sounds fishy on the hosting side to me. (Not the magazine, but the host.)

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Orig posted by Kaith Rustaz
Site worked, then wasn't found, now is 'coming soon'. Something sounds fishy on the hosting side to me. (Not the magazine, but the host.)

I've talked to the guys doing the mag. they are now just re-doing the site is all. So it may be down for a bit of re-construction.

The plan is to make this a free ezine for a few months then a pay zine as well as go to a hard copy magazine.

Lots of work but they seemed to be determined.... lets hope! Kenpo needs a good magazine of it's own.
:asian:

Latest Discussions