My husbands fallen in love with an American!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jdokan, you have to upload your images to a hosting service before you can link to them. You can upload them to your alloted image space here at MT if you wish or use something like Picasa 3.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
True true. My uncle in Canada died and left my aunt a nice yellow Stingray, I'm not sure of the year but it looks to be a 71 from my untrained eye.

I'm always interested in the latest and greatest though so for me it'll be the C6.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
{jealous of the Stingray inheritance :D}

Apparently the C6 has shown some promise of actually being a half way decent sports car.

I don't mean this to sound as awful as it is going to but American cars are generally awful when measured against the performance criteria we like over here in Europe.

The C6 is supposed to actually be able to be handle corners without either going straight on or snap-oversteering into a tree - I saw a review on it a while back (Top Gear) and the major criticism was the 'cheap' finish (e.g. plastic body panels you can push in with your finger) but there was a general sense of a real improvement.

This is not the review I saw but it is a good one (until the end anyway :lol: ):

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/364093/top_gear_corvette_c6_z06/

Another one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nice Porsche Xue!

However, my normal British Sports bias put to one side, my current number one dream car is a Mercedes SL300 Gullwing:

http://www.germancarzone.com/237616-post4.html

Nice SL 300 Gullwing, I always liked the SL 300 myself

Damn right Xue! It's all about American muscle ... even though my daily driver is a very civilized Lexus sedan. One of these days though I'm gonna get myself a Corvette.

Back when I was a mechanic I drove a Vette (older Vette) or 2 and I have to be honest they looked cool but it was like driving in a moving tunnel and after that I never wanted one.... however if someone wanted to give me one of these I wouldn't mind :D

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
{jealous of the Stingray inheritance :D}
Apparently the C6 has shown some promise of actually being a half way decent sports car.
I don't mean this to sound as awful as it is going to but American cars are generally awful when measured against the performance criteria we like over here in Europe.
The C6 is supposed to actually be able to be handle corners without either going straight on or snap-oversteering into a tree - I saw a review on it a while back (Top Gear) and the major criticism was the 'cheap' finish (e.g. plastic body panels you can push in with your finger) but there was a general sense of a real improvement.
This is not the review I saw but it is a good one (until the end anyway :lol: ):
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/364093/top_gear_corvette_c6_z06/
Another one:

No inheritance bud. He's been dead since the 80's and it's been parked and covered in a barn since then (very cinematic, I know). Besides, they've got 2 sons ahead of me who would love to get their hands on it.

As for the handling, the C6 corners OK. Not something that would bother me, I drove a Mitsubishi Montero for years so I know about things that don't corner well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions