My fellow 80's children, this must not be tolerasted.......

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I last heard ice cube was in the works, though not confirmed yet.

The one thing I would want to see remade, though it was the 70's I believe, is force Five. Todays MA names would fit great and the action/fight scenes could be awesome.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The last rumor I read said that Ice T wants the role. He said that he plans on going with the mohawk.

He would make a decent Mr. T. He has the charisma anyway. LOL That being said, it isn't likely I will be running to the theater to watch it. For me, I just wait until the movies come out DVD, most of the time.

I used to watch A-Team and Knight Rider when I was a kid, but now I just don't get into that stuff. TV just isn't the same anymore, so I spend nearly all of my TV time (which isn't much) watching news, Discovery, History, Military, and Science channels. If I want comic relief, I will watch a few episodes of Family Guy.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't understand why they'd want to remake something that was practically perfect for it's time (other than giving a very false impression of the consequences of violence). Getting a cast that would gell (on-screen) so well will be very difficult.

That said, a series I really would love to see done with a modern special-effects crew is Space 1999 - that was incredible when I watched as a youngster and then I made the mistake of watching some re-runs on satellite ... oh how I rued ruining my memories :(.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D {tease mode}

But wouldn't Blue Thunder kick Airwolfs' *** any day of the week?

OP
Andy Moynihan

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
No.:)

I have Proof:

And even if Blue Thunder COULD win, Airwolf STILL had the kickassest 80's theme music of any hero/vehicle show EVER. That combination of synth backdrop and military horns even 20 years later STILL gives me the Chills Of Awesomeness(TM)

Just hearin' it again I think I just made a Blue Thunder in my pants :p

Infact....yes there is....It is now selectable music on my myspace playlist. HOOah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My missus would agree with you there, Andy - she has the habit of switching to the current re-runs of Airwold on Sky, listening to the theme music and then changing channels :grr:. :D.

Plus ... there's a video about this !?! :faints:. Too late to watch it through now as, yet again, MT has me up until 2:30 in the morning. I shall 'favourite' it and watch it tomorrow.

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Have you seen those A-Team Tees for sale?
"Thousand of bullets fired, Zero Fatalities"

I agree Airwolf rocked. I really can't watch any of those shows anymore though. We really were into some cheesy stuff.

I also hear they are going to do a Voltron movie using the CGI technology they used for Transformers. Whatcha think about that one?

OP
Andy Moynihan

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Have you seen those A-Team Tees for sale?
"Thousand of bullets fired, Zero Fatalities"

I agree Airwolf rocked. I really can't watch any of those shows anymore though. We really were into some cheesy stuff.

I also hear they are going to do a Voltron movie using the CGI technology they used for Transformers. Whatcha think about that one?

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think that an A Team movie would be great. They could get like Samual L. Jackson or MMAtist "Rampagge" Jackson to play B.A. Baracus(sp?). For "Faceman" they could get Leonardo DeCaprio since he's a pretty boy or Brad Pitt. For John "Hanibal" Smith I think maybe Steven Seagal could play that part. As for the crazy Murdock charactor I think that could be played by Colin Farrell. That would be my A Team cast. They wouldn't neccessarly be vietnam vets, they could have been Gulf War vets turned mercenary for hire (if you can afford them).

Dagney Taggert

Green Belt
Reaction score
Would you guys stop talking so much, as I am trying to listen to my Air Supply album on my TURN TABLE.

Latest Discussions