My family

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Let me tell you a little about my family. Most of you guys knew my dad. He was pretty famous. He travelled around the world and hung out with guys like Wally and George. He had this interesting quality. When you were with him, you felt like you were his favorite son. Oh boy, did that cause a ruckus in the family after he passed away. He had lots of sons, you see. And we all felt that dad loved "me" best. Especially if he gave you a nickname. Boy, that was special. You know, we never did have any kind of a family meeting to sort it out. I have lots of brothers and sisters and they live all over the country, east coast to west. Some of us went with dad when he went on trips and stuff.

We've had a bunch of the usual family stuff happen. I remember when my brother, Kelly, got angry at the rest of us and ran away from home. He came back after a lot of years. My little brother, Timmy, actually got pissed at dad and left, too. He came back home pretty soon, though. My brother Randi's awfully quiet and doesn't like to get involved in family arguements. Then again, I have another brother, Rocky, who's not so quiet and he sometimes gets some of the other brothers and sisters pissed at him. Everybody is pissed at my brother, Jeffery, because he says he's now dad and says dad told him so. This really caused a split between Randi and him. I've got this other brother, Bram. He likes to cut things to bits. He and I get along real well. I'm actually getting along with most of the family. I have a couple of sisters, you know. Lynn was the oldest but left the family and joined the church. She was a tough sister. Gaby's another one. She and Randi are pretty close. She and my brother Dieter both learned German and are now more fluent in that than English. Imagine that! I get along with Jaye really well. She doesn't like family squabbles.

You know, the interesting thing is that I really have a huge family. There are not just my immediate brothers and sisters but a lot of cousins and uncles and aunts and everything. It's really hard to keep track of all of them. Now that dad is gone, the family is pretty split up and everybody is starting their own familes. I guess that is the way of families. Dad kept us pretty much together.

I do know he wanted each one of us to carry on the family name. The screwy thing is that we don't often agree oh how it should be done but do you want to know what I think? I think if we don't dishonor the family name by what we do, we'll do a good job in carrying it on.

That is definitely one thing dad left us - the family name.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by WhoopAss
Hey, where do I fit into this family ?

:D
On a serious aside, nice post.

Take care,
Brian

You must be one of my brother, Randi's boys. You're one of the nephews I haven't met yet. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig family.

Uncle Dan

R

Rocky

Way to go Dan!!! Or as Samual would say Check out the big Brain on Dan!!! Good talking to you today!

:cheers:

Rocky

B

bloodwood

Good perspective Dan, I guess we ARE just like any other family out there. The way you put things, we don't look that bad after all.

bloodwood :asian:

P

progressivetactics

it took a minute for me to get there, but it was worth it, once i made it there!

Very nicely done.

T

twinkletoes

Wow, I feel like the third grandson twice removed or something....

...but at least I'm in the family :)

~TT

OP
Dan Anderson

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Blood,
Yep.
Twinkletoes,
Yeh. You're family. Glad to have you.
Prog,
Nice that you have arrived.
Rock,
Hard to fit that big brain in a standard sized head but somehow I do it. Yes - great talking to you. It's like we just spoke last week instead of over 15 years ago.
Tshadow, Stick and the rest - thanks. We have so much more in common than not. It's easy for the upsets to overshadow the positive. The trick is to not let the small stuff gain in importance over the big stuff.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Let me tell you a little about my family. Most of you guys knew my dad. He was pretty famous. He travelled around the world and hung out with guys like Wally and George. He had this interesting quality. When you were with him, you felt like you were his favorite son. Oh boy, did that cause a ruckus in the family after he passed away. He had lots of sons, you see. And we all felt that dad loved "me" best. Especially if he gave you a nickname. Boy, that was special. You know, we never did have any kind of a family meeting to sort it out. I have lots of brothers and sisters and they live all over the country, east coast to west. Some of us went with dad when he went on trips and stuff.

We've had a bunch of the usual family stuff happen. I remember when my brother, Kelly, got angry at the rest of us and ran away from home. He came back after a lot of years. My little brother, Timmy, actually got pissed at dad and left, too. He came back home pretty soon, though. My brother Randi's awfully quiet and doesn't like to get involved in family arguements. Then again, I have another brother, Rocky, who's not so quiet and he sometimes gets some of the other brothers and sisters pissed at him. Everybody is pissed at my brother, Jeffery, because he says he's now dad and says dad told him so. This really caused a split between Randi and him. I've got this other brother, Bram. He likes to cut things to bits. He and I get along real well. I'm actually getting along with most of the family. I have a couple of sisters, you know. Lynn was the oldest but left the family and joined the church. She was a tough sister. Gaby's another one. She and Randi are pretty close. She and my brother Dieter both learned German and are now more fluent in that than English. Imagine that! I get along with Jaye really well. She doesn't like family squabbles.

You know, the interesting thing is that I really have a huge family. There are not just my immediate brothers and sisters but a lot of cousins and uncles and aunts and everything. It's really hard to keep track of all of them. Now that dad is gone, the family is pretty split up and everybody is starting their own familes. I guess that is the way of families. Dad kept us pretty much together.

I do know he wanted each one of us to carry on the family name. The screwy thing is that we don't often agree oh how it should be done but do you want to know what I think? I think if we don't dishonor the family name by what we do, we'll do a good job in carrying it on.

That is definitely one thing dad left us - the family name.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

STRANGE POST BUT SO TRUE.
I MUST SAY IT TOOK A SEC TO CATCH ON> I'M CRACKING UP AT THE
JEFF IS NOW DAD & DAD TOLD HIM SO.....

THIS POST BROUGHT A BIG SMILE

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Let me tell you a little about my family. Most of you guys knew my dad. He was pretty famous. He travelled around the world and hung out with guys like Wally and George. He had this interesting quality. When you were with him, you felt like you were his favorite son. You know, the interesting thing is that I really have a huge family. There are not just my immediate brothers and sisters but a lot of cousins and uncles and aunts and everything. It's really hard to keep track of all of them. Now that dad is gone, the family is pretty split up and everybody is starting their own familes. I guess that is the way of families. Dad kept us pretty much together.

I do know he wanted each one of us to carry on the family name. The screwy thing is that we don't often agree oh how it should be done but do you want to know what I think? I think if we don't dishonor the family name by what we do, we'll do a good job in carrying it on. That is definitely one thing dad left us - the family name.
Excellent post, Mr. Anderson - and oh, so true. ;)
:asian:

Kenpodoc

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Anderson,

Excellent post. The same thing happened in American Kenpo with Mr. Parker's passing.

Good luck,

Jeff :asian:

Latest Discussions