My arms hurt

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nothing serious I just started training Sanshou/Sanda again, the teacher and I have time in our schedules again and I spent about 30 minutes today beating up a tree. Palm strikes and forearm strikes followed by an application or 2 and let me tell you spend 30 minutes hitting a tree over and over again, although trees once again fear me, my arms and palms and me currently hate me.

Just wanted to mention this to someone, thanks I feel better now.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Watch out, or you'll be put on some environmental nutcases hit list!

Glad to hear you are back into it!

Jeff

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Let us know if some Ents start coming after you....

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn! That's gotta hurt. Good job keeping those trees in line. ;) :p

Seriously, glad you're training. Do you use any jow?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good thing you're not in The Land of Oz..Those trees hit back...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remembe r tree's have feelings too you know, how would you like it if a tre hit you all day with forearm strikes.

No seriously glad you are back to training with your instructor sounds like your arm had a great day, what happened to the rest of the body?
Terry

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You wake up some ninja trained chimpmunk and you'll really be in for it...

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Speaking of ninja chipmunks, I saw a video of one not too long ago..a real one, with a cat...will see if I can find it again.

**edit**

Here it is

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of ninja chipmunks, I saw a video of one not too long ago..a real one, with a cat...will see if I can find it again.

That was excellent...With all the high leaps I think that could ahve been a TKD chipmunk...

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
Watch out, or you'll be put on some environmental nutcases hit list!
Glad to hear you are back into it!
Jeff

Nah environmental nutcases tend to stay away from violent people... And if I am already beating up on trees.......

Ceicei said:
Let us know if some Ents start coming after you....

Not yet, but I am staying very alert when I am in the woods.

Jaded Tigress said:
Damn! That's gotta hurt. Good job keeping those trees in line.
Seriously, glad you're training. Do you use any jow?

You just gotta let those trees know who the boss is or they will jump you when you least expect it.

And know I do not use jow and I can currently only type by resting my hands on the desk and depending heavily on spell check. the pads of my hands are a bit sore today and my arms have this strange relaxed feeling with an under current of PAIN. But I will have to get back hitting those trees tomorrow or they will start thinking I fear them and be after me.

Drac said:
Good thing you're not in The Land of Oz..Those trees hit back...

From my past experience they do a good job of hitting first here, see next response.

terryl965 said:
Remembe r tree's have feelings too you know, how would you like it if a tre hit you all day with forearm strikes.
No seriously glad you are back to training with your instructor sounds like your arm had a great day, what happened to the rest of the body?
Terry

THE TREES... FEELINGS... Those damn trees didn't care about my feelings when one fell on me about 4 years ago.... I'm just getting even.

As for the rest of the body it is currently fine. This is just the basic beginning stuff to the Police version of Sanshou, my instructor calls it Sanda. Hitting trees, push ups, pull ups, and surprising to me something similar to a forms drill. But it is basically slow strikes with no stepping movement so I can figure out where the power comes from. Later I get into joint locks, throws, takedowns and sweeps, THEN the real pain begins.

Kensai said:
Pfft! Pansy!

I am going to assume since you come from a country that calls an elevator a lift and the hood of a car is a bonnet that pansy means "big tough tree pounder".

Drac said:

Kensai said:
Yep, Teenage Mutant Ninja Chipmunks.

The chipmunks don't scare me so much it&#8217;s the dreaded Samurai woodpeckers I fear.

Jade Tigress said:

That was cool, I once saw a squirrel take on a Hawk and win too. But that wasn't a video that was in my neighbor&#8217;s back yard.

AND

I did not expect to be training yesterday and it came as a pleasant surprise to me, but it is very traditional, I get to practice this stuff for a few weeks and then we get back together and if I am doing good I am shown more.

And to add to this, Chen style is suppose to start the 21st so no more (to borrow from the Japanese) Ronin CMA guy.

And thanks to all, it does feel good to be back training CMA.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah environmental nutcases tend to stay away from violent people... And if I am already beating up on trees.......

Not yet, but I am staying very alert when I am in the woods.

You just gotta let those trees know who the boss is or they will jump you when you least expect it.

And know I do not use jow and I can currently only type by resting my hands on the desk and depending heavily on spell check. the pads of my hands are a bit sore today and my arms have this strange relaxed feeling with an under current of PAIN. But I will have to get back hitting those trees tomorrow or they will start thinking I fear them and be after me.

From my past experience they do a good job of hitting first here, see next response.

THE TREES... FEELINGS... Those damn trees didn't care about my feelings when one fell on me about 4 years ago.... I'm just getting even.

As for the rest of the body it is currently fine. This is just the basic beginning stuff to the Police version of Sanshou, my instructor calls it Sanda. Hitting trees, push ups, pull ups, and surprising to me something similar to a forms drill. But it is basically slow strikes with no stepping movement so I can figure out where the power comes from. Later I get into joint locks, throws, takedowns and sweeps, THEN the real pain begins.

I am going to assume since you come from a country that calls an elevator a lift and the hood of a car is a bonnet that pansy means "big tough tree pounder".

The chipmunks don't scare me so much it’s the dreaded Samurai woodpeckers I fear.

That was cool, I once saw a squirrel take on a Hawk and win too. But that wasn't a video that was in my neighbor’s back yard.

AND

I did not expect to be training yesterday and it came as a pleasant surprise to me, but it is very traditional, I get to practice this stuff for a few weeks and then we get back together and if I am doing good I am shown more.

And to add to this, Chen style is suppose to start the 21st so no more (to borrow from the Japanese) Ronin CMA guy.

And thanks to all, it does feel good to be back training CMA.

EXCELLENT POST....LMAO...

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Last night I went and beat up another tree… just to show em who the boss is.

But there is more to the story.

My next door neighbor is an LEO with kids and one of his kids was outside watching me…well…. beat up a tree. I can only imagine the conversation the next time I see my neighbor.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night I went and beat up another tree… just to show em who the boss is.

But there is more to the story.

My next door neighbor is an LEO with kids and one of his kids was outside watching me…well…. beat up a tree. I can only imagine the conversation the next time I see my neighbor.

That should be interesting.
icon10.gif

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nothing serious I just started training Sanshou/Sanda again, the teacher and I have time in our schedules again and I spent about 30 minutes today beating up a tree. Palm strikes and forearm strikes followed by an application or 2 and let me tell you spend 30 minutes hitting a tree over and over again, although trees once again fear me, my arms and palms and me currently hate me.

Just wanted to mention this to someone, thanks I feel better now.

Xue Sheng: reducing mighty oaks into his very own personal palm trees, one at a time.

jkd friend

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would like to know what the basis of the style you are pursuing.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------jkd friend---------------------------------

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Xue Sheng: reducing mighty oaks into his very own personal palm trees, one at a time.

Actually I think these are maples. I have to work up the oak. They don’t call them the “Mighty oak” for nothing you know

I would like to know what the basis of the style you are pursuing

I am not sure what you mean by basis.

It is the police version of Sanshou also known as Sanda.

This stuff I am currently doing it, for lack of better words, basic training.
Pull-ups, push ups, sit-ups, etc. as well using a tree to strengthen the arms and legs as well as toughen them up. It is old school (as old school as Sanshou gets anyway) Sanshou training.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok Xue,

I just got off the phone with Greenpeace.

They are on their way for you.

Jeff

Latest Discussions