Training out side at the beach

empty cup

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all: Today I went to my niece and nephews birthday wich we have out a bay area beach. Just for the heck of it I went out a little early to a near by beach and decided to try doing a little practicing.--Wow training in sand is a whole new experience. Just physically centering my self wastwice as hard. My rootedness wich is not that good to begin with got worse. The basic Ba Gua stepping we do called mud stepping ( toe comes up first when raising the foot and goes down first when lowering the foot) was really hard. Muscles got extra tired also, and yes I know this is because I was not doing it on a nice stable wood or concrete floor but on something insubsantial namely sand. It certainly was a dose of perspective.

Any way: I was just rather curious how much out doors training people do and where i.e. beaches, forests , parks , mountain tops, roof tops etc. and how often and what your experiences are??

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I often practice outdoors when the weather permits. For extra fun, try training in the water- about waist deep. :)

Latest Discussions