MT member meeting?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope to have that same experience some day.
I was invited by a fellow MT member whom I used to worth with here in Detroit. I knew *and know* nothing about knife fighting, but I learned a lot about how my karate blocks don't bloody work against a knife person who knows what they're doing. I believe I was a brown belt then, but I was at least in decent shape. Didn't help.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If anyone gets down here to Orlando Florida, hit me up. (not too far from Disney, Universal, Seaworld or the beaches)

OP
W

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
So sounds like an event at @Tony Dismukes's gym? We could split it up and let everyone who can come do an hour 'seminar' for each other on a topic of our choice?

I'd be willing to spend a weekend doing that, and pay any fees his gym might charge to have it.
Sounds great to me, can we do it in fall so I can enjoy the beauty of Kentucky also?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sounds like an event at @Tony Dismukes's gym? We could split it up and let everyone who can come do an hour 'seminar' for each other on a topic of our choice?

I'd be willing to spend a weekend doing that, and pay any fees his gym might charge to have it.
Dig around, and you'll see posts about the past meet ups. That's loosely the format -- a seminar day at a gym/training hall, followed by a dinner get-together.

Sounds easy -- but the logistics lift is noteworthy.

OP
W

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been in Fall.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not sure this is the best spot for this but is it possible to coordinate a meet up of members for trading training?
Food for thought: What if we start building a curriculum that the meeting(s) would cover?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Food for thought: What if we start building a curriculum that the meeting(s) would cover?
I think that'd be putting the cart before the horse. First figure out logistics of meeting, then once that's in place and we know who will be able to show up, we can build out a schedule for the meetup.

HighKick

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think that'd be putting the cart before the horse. First figure out logistics of meeting, then once that's in place and we know who will be able to show up, we can build out a schedule for the meetup.
It would be little more than thinking paper in the beginning, but it would be good motivation to get people to show up.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you do that when you don't know who would be there to teach this curriculum?

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If anyone gets a chance, take Tony up on this. It’s a nice facility with nice people. And Tony will be there, too!
I'm actually saving up for it. I want to hit up NC then Kentucky.. But probably not in the same trip lol. Either way I want to at least get in a day of rest. I'm not sure I want to train hard then drive after a hard training. That was one thing I was concerned about when Tony visited. I knew he had a long drive ahead of him so I didn't want him to hit the road all worn out.

ha ha ha.. yeah I hope Tony would be there..

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm actually saving up for it. I want to hit up NC then Kentucky.. But probably not in the same trip lol. Either way I want to at least get in a day of rest. I'm not sure I want to train hard then drive after a hard training. That was one thing I was concerned about when Tony visited. I knew he had a long drive ahead of him so I didn't want him to hit the road all worn out.

If you come through NC let me know. I live on the northern end of it.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

How do you do that when you don't know who would be there to teach this curriculum?
It's a bit of back and forth, because who can lead might dictate locations, timing, and so on... and vice versa.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holler if you head up toward NC. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to train these days (I'm currently trying to give away my mats, too - just taking up space downstairs in the corner). But I'd love to hang out a bit and ramble about MA for a while!

Latest Discussions