MT member meeting?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coordinating a large scale meet up is a lot of work. It certainly can be done, and has been in the past... but someone needs the bandwidth to handle it. That ain't me!

Small meet ups are great, and many have done it. Rich Parsons and I have crossed paths a few times, and many others have too.

OP
W

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don’t imagine I’m up to the challenge of coordinating such a thing myself, but I would certainly pledge a contribution to any efforts. I was just trying to feel it out.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine one the biggest challenges would be geography. I think the active members of the forum are pretty scattered. I’d be willing to drive a few hours for a meetup, maybe longer for the sake of a full day or two of training, but I don’t have the spare time or funds for cross-country flights at this point.

(If it turned out that Kentucky was a convenient mid-point for people to gather, I could definitely offer my home gym as a meeting point.)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I imagine one the biggest challenges would be geography. I think the active members of the forum are pretty scattered. I’d be willing to drive a few hours for a meetup, maybe longer for the sake of a full day or two of training, but I don’t have the spare time or funds for cross-country flights at this point.

(If it turned out that Kentucky was a convenient mid-point for people to gather, I could definitely offer my home gym as a meeting point.)
Personally, kentucky would be doable for me, if we had enough people going.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It is likely, unless it is real close, that I would not attend. I didn't go to the last one in Buffalo and that was about 300 miles away, but several MT members at the time did go. I also do not have the time to set up or organize something like this, However I do think it is a nice idea

I have meant a few other members of MT while traveling with the family. I had one member in my area once who wanted to meet with me, but I did not have the time due to work and family obligations. I regret not taking the time to meet with him because not long after he did pass away.

OP
W

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I liked Kentucky, it was beautiful, what town is your gym in?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My guess is that it may be better to split things by area. That way there are more than one place to go. Recreation centers often rent rooms for cheap if everyone chips in.

In some cases it's possible to rent a gym.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My guess is that it may be better to split things by area. That way there are more than one place to go. Recreation centers often rent rooms for cheap if everyone chips in.

In some cases it's possible to rent a gym.
Anyone who wants to visit Lexington can be my guest at my home gym, no charge.