More guns than you thought.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What does the 0.3 gun do?

Wow. We are really, really armed (on average). Good grief.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah invading forces might have some problems with taking America down.
Every one of my grandfathers grand children own at least one gun.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
hardheadjarhead said:
A poll shows the average American owns 1.7 guns:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2005/01/04/more_guns_than_you_thought.html

I myself own 10.3.

Regards,

Steve

Ha ha, I own about 11.5 if you count parts, so I'm helping to make up for the MichaelEdwards of America. I always loved G. Gordon Liddy's quote concerning gun ownership: "As a convicted felon, I am not permitted to own a handgun. However, Mrs. Liddy owns twenty-eight."

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
In my house, there are four humans, two dogs, zero guns. But you knew that ;)

That's O.K. Mike. We'll take up a collection; If HHJH will donate his 0.3 of a gun, and psiradar will donate his 0.5, then all we need is 0.2 and you'll be all set... ;) :wavey:

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is anyone here from England? When I was in Bosnia, I had a friend that was a Police Officer in England who was there with me. I use to go on the internet from time to time and look at guns. He was always blown away at how many guns were in the U.S. and how easy it was to get them. He said he nevered carried a gun his entire career before coming to Bosnia. Hard to imagine to me.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
shane23ss said:
Is anyone here from England? When I was in Bosnia, I had a friend that was a Police Officer in England who was there with me. I use to go on the internet from time to time and look at guns. He was always blown away at how many guns were in the U.S. and how easy it was to get them. He said he nevered carried a gun his entire career before coming to Bosnia. Hard to imagine to me.

In my experience the brits and canadians are typically shocked at the availability and pervasiveness of firearms in the U.S. The English have their problems with knives and other violence, though. It's interesting how this varies from country-to-country. I remember feeling a little strange the first time I was in Rome and the cops were carrying submachine guns, though I'm not sure the average citizen can own guns there. Are there any first-world countries with more lax firearms laws? We're certainly more enthusiastic about ownership than most! :mp5:

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The reason it came out as high as 1.7 per household with all the anti-gunners in the USA..

Is guys like me ;)

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
PSI.. Great Britian and Australia have suffered horrible increases in gun and non gun violence after enacting firearms bans.. and it is said that today a full auto UZI submachine gun can be bought on London's streets for $200 to $300 US

Gun bans do not work, people yearn to be free and exercise their G-d given rights.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like the fact that we are more enthusiastic then most...

What people have trouble realizing is that the violent criminals in about all countries are not strangers to guns, even if the majority of the population doesn't own.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
I like the fact that we are more enthusiastic then most...

What people have trouble realizing is that the violent criminals in about all countries are not strangers to guns, even if the majority of the population doesn't own.
I only have 8ish.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you how many off hand. (Clue, you may have a problem when you start obtaining pairs of identical weapons for magazine, parts, and ammo interchange....)

OP
hardheadjarhead

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
PSI.. Great Britian and Australia have suffered horrible increases in gun and non gun violence after enacting firearms bans.. and it is said that today a full auto UZI submachine gun can be bought on London's streets for $200 to $300 US

Gun bans do not work, people yearn to be free and exercise their G-d given rights.

Really? The plane ticket to London is more than that.

If I go over there, I'll take orders for people here on MT before I go.

Regards,

Steve

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Sigh*

Still, I am concerned as to why we are so friggin' armed... and why people think it is seemingly the most important right in the Constitution. (When it is about having an armed militia.)

Please, pig-pile on the hippy now.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
not to pig-pile....but...

1) WE are the armed militia.
2) The numbers quoted above are not heavily armed people; trust me.
3) A firearm is just a tool; the desire or willingness to unlawfully injure and kill our fellow humans has nothing to do with whether one has firearms.
4) Rember your American history....what was it that ignited the battles at Lexington and Concord?

(Buy a gun..come to the dark side.)

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
*Sigh*

Still, I am concerned as to why we are so friggin' armed... Please, pig-pile on the hippy now.
No pig pile here... just an observation...

Like good kitchen Cutlery, many guns serve specific purposes to shooters.

For Example, the shotgun I own for Home Defense, is not exactly suited for hunting, and, on the flipside, my Shotgun that is designed for hunting will not work well for home-defense due to it's size...

And on the same token neither are ideally suited to my recreational sport shooting preferences the way my .22 rifle is.

So, you can see, just like you wouldnt cleave a side of beef with a Paring knife or slice the skin off a potato with a cleaver, having the right firearm for your "needs" is no different.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to hammer this nail into my wall with the handle of a screwdriver... :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
No pig pile here... just an observation...

Like good kitchen Cutlery, many guns serve specific purposes to shooters.

For Example, the shotgun I own for Home Defense, is not exactly suited for hunting, and, on the flipside, my Shotgun that is designed for hunting will not work well for home-defense due to it's size...

And on the same token neither are ideally suited to my recreational sport shooting preferences the way my .22 rifle is.

So, you can see, just like you wouldnt cleave a side of beef with a Paring knife or slice the skin off a potato with a cleaver, having the right firearm for your "needs" is no different.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to hammer this nail into my wall with the handle of a screwdriver... :D
You explained this very eloquently!!! My guns are also for different purposes.

- Ceicei

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
(laughing)

Chad, Techno, I *heart* you both for the non-pig-pile!

Perhaps it's studying Psychology for so long that leads me to think that most people are at least a *little* nuts, and I wouldn't want most people to be armed with more than a fork with a cork on the end of it.

But I also understand what you are saying. :)

Latest Discussions