Michael Jackson Dead at 50

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reports from the Los Angeles Times and TMZ say he suffered a cardiac arrest and was taken to the hospital not breathing. I'm not posting this to the Hall of Remembrance because he wasn't a 'warrior' in any sense. And since I don't wish to speak ill of the dead, I'll say that he was an amazing artist for quite some time. I wasn't a huge fan, but he had some iconic songs that really affected music and music videos.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
edited cuz someone will get a knot in thier shorts if i told the truth about how I feel abotu that................person

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So come to the end one of the most troubled of souls. So much talent, yet so much pain.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's nuts outside. There are hundreds of people, dozens of news trucks and cameras, and 2-3 news choppers all hovering right outside my door.

Good thing I don't need to drive through all of it!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So come to the end one of the most troubled of souls. So much talent, yet so much pain.
Indeed incredible talent born of incredible pain and stress of being a huge child star and later one of the biggest pop stars in history. Yet his downward spiral was an incredible oddyssey, in of by itself. It's a shame he could not recover from it. Lost his home, his reputation, at least HALF of his fans.
Like Elvis the man had my respect and admiration for the talent he held but like Elvis the man lost my respect and admiration when (they) chose un-natural means to deal with the stress of (their) fame.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I started a thread in the Hall of rememberance, because of all the people bashing, I felt would happen here, of the dead. Some over here can beat the crap out of this person, but the fact of the matter is, no matter what he did, or was acused of, he is dead. What ever reward or condemnation there is after life, he is totaly there. I am not advacating the man, but we are not here to bust on the dead, at least I hope not. Put your dot down, shut the ---- up, and go on.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know...I object to post mortem sainting of people. I despise it when dead gangbangers are shown on the news (the photo of them in gang rags flashing signs) with the whole "student".."loving father"..."was gonna be a doctor" crap being spouted; when "drug dealing gang member shot by other drug dealing gang member", would have been more to the point. Being dead doesnt change what you were in life and sometimes speaking ill of the dead is simply acknowledging the truth.

nelsonkari

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My friend in Illinois called me and told me that the commercial retailers in his area are already capitalizing on Jackson's death. Penny's is offering little boy's pants half off.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Ya know. The Jackson 5. I hated 'em.

My sister Carol, who's gone on herself,though, loved 'em.

Of course, this was like 1971-she was all of four, and I was 11, and they had that goddam Saturday morning cartoon. I really hated that goddam cartoon. :lol:

She got to watch it,though, 'cause my mom spoiled her, and I missed out on Johnny Quest, or whatever, but this was about the time I was starting to get healthy, start formal martial arts training, and playing outside was on my mind more. Still resented the hell out of it, though-and hated all those Jacksons, especially Michael, who my little sister adored.....

Few years later-it's like 1975, and I'm home for spring break-it's around my sister's birthday, and I get dragged to what? Goddam Jackson friggin' Family concert.

Can't say I had a blast-I was in the beginning of a pretty serious head-banging phase right then, with occasional forays into blues and jazz, and nights disco dancing (to get chicks!) and the Jackson's were just not my thing. I was entertained though-they were obviously talented, and put on a damn good show....

Years and years later, after Michael had gone solo, become the "King of Pop," dated Brooke Shields, married Lisa Marie Presley (I could just hear the real "King" spinning in his grave,"Lisa Marie, Lisa Marie, why you gonna marry that funny lookin' colored boy? He looks like ET with a geri-curl!" :lol:) divorced Lisa Marie, gotten several shades lighter, gotten Diana Ross's nose, then another one, then another one,had the biggest selling album of all time, made millions, built a pedophiles's dream mansion, divorced Lisa Marie, married a brood mare to have his children, divorced the brood mare, been sued for allegedly diddling little boys, fled to Bahrain, and lost millions-after all that, my sister died, and I gave some of those old Jackson 5 songs a listen for her.

I brag a lot. Well, maybe not as much as I could, but I do. I'm a decent musician-I've been in bands, played professionally-ok, I nearly starved to death, but that's what youth is for, isn't it? Anyway, I'm a fair judge of music, and I had to admit-that was a goddam tight band for a bunch of kids.

Of course, that's what came from a few session musicians sitting in on recordings from time to time....and papa Joe's beating regularly them with an extension cord, until they goddam got it right.

We'll get to hear all of that again-how when he was 12 or so and they were on tour, his brothers tried to get-to force-him to have sex with girls, who were, of course, readily available. How his dad beat them, and how maybe some even weirder stuff went on there-and also how his childhood was stunted, and he never really got to have one. Most of us can never really understand the sheer isolation inherent in being a star of that magnitude:Elvis used to have to rent the whole bowling alley to go bowling in peace, Michael got Disneyworld to do the same......and built the Neverland Ranch, a place for a kid who never got to grow up. We'll never know for certain whether he molested boys, or simply was so stunted that the only people he could relate to were children. Either way, it was pretty unhealthy. He was a sad, sick and lonely man, who happened to be extremely talented. Poor bastard, among all us poor bastards. Hope he finds some peace-or gets the appropriate hell, whichever you choose to believe.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It wasn't to my musical tastes, but I recognized his talent.

I give him the benefit of the doubt as I do anyone on anything they weren't convicted of.

Certainly enough to make you rethink your desires for great fame and fortune.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya know. The Jackson 5. I hated 'em.

My sister Carol, who's gone on herself,though, loved 'em.

Of course, this was like 1971-she was all of four, and I was 11, and they had that goddam Saturday morning cartoon. I really hated that goddam cartoon. :lol:

She got to watch it,though, 'cause my mom spoiled her, and I missed out on Johnny Quest, or whatever, but this was about the time I was starting to get healthy, start formal martial arts training, and playing outside was on my mind more. Still resented the hell out of it, though-and hated all those Jacksons, especially Michael, who my little sister adored.....

Few years later-it's like 1975, and I'm home for spring break-it's around my sister's birthday, and I get dragged to what? Goddam Jackson friggin' Family concert.

Can't say I had a blast-I was in the beginning of a pretty serious head-banging phase right then, with occasional forays into blues and jazz, and nights disco dancing (to get chicks!) and the Jackson's were just not my thing. I was entertained though-they were obviously talented, and put on a damn good show....

Years and years later, after Michael had gone solo, become the "King of Pop," dated Brooke Shields, married Lisa Marie Presley (I could just hear the real "King" spinning in his grave,"Lisa Marie, Lisa Marie, why you gonna marry that funny lookin' colored boy? He looks like ET with a geri-curl!" :lol:) divorced Lisa Marie, gotten several shades lighter, gotten Diana Ross's nose, then another one, then another one,had the biggest selling album of all time, made millions, built a pedophiles's dream mansion, divorced Lisa Marie, married a brood mare to have his children, divorced the brood mare, been sued for allegedly diddling little boys, fled to Bahrain, and lost millions-after all that, my sister died, and I gave some of those old Jackson 5 songs a listen for her.

I brag a lot. Well, maybe not as much as I could, but I do. I'm a decent musician-I've been in bands, played professionally-ok, I nearly starved to death, but that's what youth is for, isn't it? Anyway, I'm a fair judge of music, and I had to admit-that was a goddam tight band for a bunch of kids.

Of course, that's what came from a few session musicians sitting in on recordings from time to time....and papa Joe's beating regularly them with an extension cord, until they goddam got it right.

We'll get to hear all of that again-how when he was 12 or so and they were on tour, his brothers tried to get-to force-him to have sex with girls, who were, of course, readily available. How his dad beat them, and how maybe some even weirder stuff went on there-and also how his childhood was stunted, and he never really got to have one. Most of us can never really understand the sheer isolation inherent in being a star of that magnitude:Elvis used to have to rent the whole bowling alley to go bowling in peace, Michael got Disneyworld to do the same......and built the Neverland Ranch, a place for a kid who never got to grow up. We'll never know for certain whether he molested boys, or simply was so stunted that the only people he could relate to were children. Either way, it was pretty unhealthy. He was a sad, sick and lonely man, who happened to be extremely talented. Poor bastard, among all us poor bastards. Hope he finds some peace-or gets the appropriate hell, whichever you choose to believe.
Thanks for that Elder, as always a to the point post that says what needed to be said.
I recall the J-5 phenomenon myself and yeah, while I really liked the songs (I am only 3 years younger than MJ himself) like ABC 123, I'll Be There, etc. I too hated that cartoon show. Hated the Osmonds cartoon show too. Thought both of them were dumb. Would've preferred watching the Harlem Globetrotters or Scooby Doo or especially Johnny Quest (which IMO still is the best kick *** cartoon of them all).
When I grew up I dropped out of the pre-teen Jackson craze and got into Led-Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beatles and the like.
Of his albums I only liked Off The Wall and Thriller and thought he looked his best during that period... even with the nose trim and jeri curl. The man could dance and he could sing! But when he started swelling his ego by dominating We Are The World (remember the solo vocal & video spot he got on the song and music video?) and ripped off then friend Paul McCartney for those two hit songs they made and bought the entire Beatles catalog out from under McCartney whose songs they rightfully are anyway!, the amout of respect I had for the artist diminished proportionally. Then came the weirdness.
Later, as I saw it was a man trying to find himself as he was being re-written again and again. The fame that he had must've been phenominally crushing.
His music began to suffer, after Thriller I just couldn't follow or enjoy his music anymore. Now his sister Janet on the other hand.... :fanboy:

Anyway, it's a tragic end to a tragic life where he stood on the top of the world and was admired and respected to a downward spiral of equally epic proportions. How will he be best remembered? Outstanding entertainer? Or bizarre (possible) pedophile?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You just can't be the Thriller album.
He patented shoes that locked into the stage so he could do the awesome leans.

nelsonkari

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
DearAndy,

I sorry if my heavy handed humour offended you. A child molestor is not high on my list of favorites even if they are exulted by the world of entertainment as the ultimate superstar.

The immense contribution that he made to the music world will be forever overshadowed by his what only can be described as deviant behavior with children. Ask the parents of any child who was enticed and molested by an adult how they fear about the excessive media cannonization of this troubled man.

I only hope that he repented for his evil deeds before he died.
May God have mercy on his soul.

Nelson Kari

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AFAIK, Jackson was never found guilty of wrong doing. Settling isn't the same as admitting guilt. Did I like him? Not really. Did I like his music? No. But, he always struck me more as someone to pity than condemn. His childhood was really messed up, hell, the whole family is pretty strange. I take no pleasure in his death.