Michael Jackson Dead at 50

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
For that kind of money, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank (and not dying in debt). But it's still a fair point, and all the more so when you add on the childhood he had.

But he was a star and rich before he even had an idea what a buck was worth. He probably had the financial acumen of that 8 year old child from the Ed Sullivan show. Nothing teaches you how to handle money like not having it and well, he was never in that situation.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-Yeah it is. Guess you could say that MTV plays TRL crap and some rap/ hip-hop videos but its not the same. Its like listening to a radio station that plays the 'greatest hits'. But thats all they play! Take 2 or 3 hit songs from a small selection of artists and play on repeat. I don't think I've regularly watched MTV in over 15 years.

-On another note, as I'm watching some of Michael's videos, besides the talent, he could also connect people all over the world, and I think if the media had backed off and all the crap hadn't happen, he could have been a bigger influence in bringing people together to work on world issues. The only person I can think of doing that now is U2's Bono. Seems like Michael really went to waste in many ways.

-I want my MTV. My old MTV.

Andrew

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-Yeah it is. Guess you could say that MTV plays TRL crap and some rap/ hip-hop videos but its not the same. Its like listening to a radio station that plays the 'greatest hits'. But thats all they play! Take 2 or 3 hit songs from a small selection of artists and play on repeat. I don't think I've regularly watched MTV in over 15 years.

-On another note, as I'm watching some of Michael's videos, besides the talent, he could also connect people all over the world, and I think if the media had backed off and all the crap hadn't happen, he could have been a bigger influence in bringing people together to work on world issues. The only person I can think of doing that now is U2's Bono. Seems like Michael really went to waste in many ways.

-I want my MTV. My old MTV.

Andrew

Bono is a fake frankly and a pretentious one at that. He hasn't really done anything for the world other that be condescending.
However good Micheal Jackson could have been, governments wouldn't have listened, no more than they'd listen to any 'pop' star. It just makes politicians look good in the media when associating with them.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
-You know, I try to look at the bright side, then you have to bring reality back into the picture, haha! You're absolutely right. Stupid politicians.

Andrew

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bono is a fake frankly and a pretentious one at that. He hasn't really done anything for the world other that be condescending.

THANK YOU!

I've been saying this for years... and from the reactions I have gotten I assumed I was the only one who thought so.

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think it is good to speak or write bad things about the dead. Michael Jackson is now facing the judgement, I say let God judge him.

nelsonkari

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Dear Joab,

Would you say the same thing about the death of Hitler?

"I don't think it is good to speak or write bad things about the dead. Michael Jackson is now facing the judgement, I say let God judge him."

If we ignore the evil that men and women do we become passive participants in their actions.

Nelson Kari

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we ignore the evil that men and women do we become passive participants in their actions.

Nelson Kari

In the instance of the allegations against Michael Jackson, how can we be anything but "passive participants" then? It's not as though any single one of us can have any definitive knowledge of "evil," or even wrongdoing. Clearly some boundaries were crossed that most if not all of us would be uncomfortable with, but the fact remains that we do not and cannot know that he actually physically violated any children. In this particular instance, I think Joab is largely right: judge not, lest ye be judged, which was actually applied to an instance where the sin was known, not alleged.....

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think we can really compare Michael Jackson to Hitler.

I provided the case on I think page 3 of this thread. We can clearly see those who claim to be victims at other motives behind their agenda.

IMO looking at the way Jackson dealt with children he mostly thought of himself as a child living out his childhood and himself as a big child more than a sexual predator. IMO I think his idea of children is a worshipping,protection type thing. This may stem from his childhood abuse in which he sees himself as a protector figure of children and if we see it like that we can understand more about his realtionship with children.

But that is what I think of Jackson's realtionship with children a way to connect and cope with his own childhood trauma.
Here he talks about his abuse from his father during this interview:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, we can see that he's dead and not faking it. CNN had pics of his 3 kids without masks up. Say what you will about him, he was pretty protective of those kids.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen much worse from less celebrated folks. When his example of a father was his own, I think he did better, y'know?

Joab

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dear Joab,

Would you say the same thing about the death of Hitler?

"I don't think it is good to speak or write bad things about the dead. Michael Jackson is now facing the judgement, I say let God judge him."

Nelson Kari

I thought about Hitler when I wrote it, and no, I wouldn't say the same thing about Hitler. We need to know about the evil of Adolph Hitler so we can be determined to not let another Hitler do the things he did, not allow anyone to have his kind of power. I think Michael Jackson's case is different. I will write I'm glad I'm not in his shoes facing the judgement of God...

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Say what you like about Michael Jackson it was very difficult not to be touched by him (ahem! ;) )

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This seems to apply all too often, including here:

Attachments

• $1.jpg
    $1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 109

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor