Medical Implications of Karate Blows...

T

The Prof

It is a great book. I purchased mine over twenty years ago. I still think that it's the most informative and precise publication of it's kind. Thanks for your post, I will now try locate my copy. $8.00 is a steal.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
the effects he describes come from a powerful blow delivered correctly, and on target.
Last time I checked, that's kenpo, Biggie.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to stay on the lookout for the hardback copy.

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kenpo tiger said:
Last time I checked, that's kenpo, Biggie.
My apologies. There was some discussion about the validity of the damage done by some of the strikes. I just wanted to point out that it would be kind of silly to write a book about the medical implications of strikes and then say, "well, if you miss or hit like my great-grandma then this is probably what will happen...."

P.S. sometimes we TKD people can hit our targets too...if we could just stop spinning and jumping all the time, it would probably be a lot easier...:wink:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
bignick said:
My apologies. There was some discussion about the validity of the damage done by some of the strikes. I just wanted to point out that it would be kind of silly to write a book about the medical implications of strikes and then say, "well, if you miss or hit like my great-grandma then this is probably what will happen...."

P.S. sometimes we TKD people can hit our targets too...if we could just stop spinning and jumping all the time, it would probably be a lot easier...:wink:
As a recovering TKD person, I sympathize (got as far as you were before you tested.)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Get over it. You have a responsibility to the raging masses. You must satiate their thirst for knowledge.

By the way, I hope you used the Amazon link at the bottom of the page when you ordered this book.......
I agree, Nick you can't just dangle something out and not expect the masses not to take the bait. You brought it up and thus are now responsible (it's an adult thing ya know?) to follow through.

As many reporters are want to say: The people have a right to know!

OP
bignick

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I agree, Nick you can't just dangle something out and not expect the masses not to take the bait. You brought it up and thus are now responsible (it's an adult thing ya know?) to follow through.

As many reporters are want to say: The people have a right to know!
I agree, I forgot all about the "book report", however, I don't have the book with me right now. I am bumming at home over my Christmas vacation. All I have to placate my reading interests are Fast Food Nation, Small Circle Jujitsu, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm already done with Fast Food Nation and halfway through LOTR for the 3rd time, so the supplies are dwindling. As soon as I get back to school and I'll write up my complete thoughts on the book. Until then, Happy New Year everyone!!!

Latest Discussions