Me at taekwondo

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I already got a injuries in sports already .
sports injuries and martial arts injuries are not the same. With martial arts, many of the injuries are a result of the person practicing something incorrectly over long periods of time, so you may feel good for the first couple of months and then later on that year wonder why your knees are bothering. Instead of stopping you keep trying to practice on the knee thinking that all you need is to get stronger, but you don't realize that your technique isn't correct and that is what is causing the injury. So now for the next 5 months you'll keep doing things wrong making the injury worse. Practicing on an injury is never good.

For example
Kicker gets hurt by kicking someone in the head. Looks like a good kick but incorrect technique is probably the reason why he got injured

Kid tears his own knee. Once again incorrect technique used to move. A good horse stance would have prevented that knee from collapsing in.

These are people hurting themselves. When it comes to sparring, you not only have injuries you can do to yourself but you can get injured by the person you are sparring against. Get a technique wrong in sparring and the penalty may be a kick to the face, groin, knee, or a punch to the face.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah but you are young so will heal quickly, wait till you are old and knackered like me lol, still I won't give up martial arts until I really can't move any more. :D
lol. He'll learn. If bad technique is causing the injury then it will never heal everyday he'll just be making the injury worst. I have 2 students like that now and they wonder why things aren't getting better. Maybe one day they'll decide to listen to what the instructors keep correcting them on each class.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I got a head injury in football last year but i still do football .
It's not a tough man, one up injury contest. You get enough head injuries in football and you'll pay the price. Practice martial arts with incorrect technique and you'll pay the price.

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's not a tough man, one up injury contest. You get enough head injuries in football and you'll pay the price. Practice martial arts with incorrect technique and you'll pay the price.
I know alots of kids in my football team who got a brain injuries too but they still do football .

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know alots of kids in my football team who got a brain injuries too but they still do football .

Wow, I assume we are talking American football here, there has been a lot of research into head and brain injuries, is no one taking any notice? Brain injuries are extremely serious, worst scenario is death, the rest frankly aren't much better. If these players are continuing to play with brain injuries then there is something very, very wrong going on. Sport concussion | Headway

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I assume we are talking American football here, there has been a lot of research into head and brain injuries, is no one taking any notice? Brain injuries are extremely serious, worst scenario is death, the rest frankly aren't much better. If these players are continuing to play with brain injuries then there is something very, very wrong going on. Sport concussion | Headway
Sometime I don't listen but my mom did not want me to do football last year and tomorrow I have a highschool game it for the state championship for football but we won the 3-AAA Championship this year but we have the 3 AAA trophy and we are 14-0 .

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How do you feel about the head injury you received, and the brain injuries your friends have received? What are your thoughts on that?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My thoughts on it not good .
Alright, well, your mom is right, you shouldn't be playing football. Sounds like you've already had at least one concussion. This is bad news. Concussions add up, and can destroy your life when you are older and it is too late to do anything about it. Brain damage and dementia and depression at a young age is a horrible thing, and can lead some people to suicide. This is what can happen if you get concussions. In my opinion, it isn't worth it. You may be sacrificing you later health, just to play a game. A lot of young people think they are invincible but they are not.

Adults can make their own decision if they want to play a game that might leave them mentally crippled. That is their choice to make. Kids and teen agers should not be doing that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's youth speaking. Some people believe that an injury is only a problem when they feel it. If it's not hurting then it's not a big deal. What they don't understand is that with some injuries, when we eventually feel it, it means that we are at a point of no repair and that things will just get worse.

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Do your guys know if you got a injury at any sports it is up to the doctor to say no to you or yes to you if he or she say yes you still can be on the sport team but you will have to see the school sport trainner everyday when you have to game or a meet or practice my school do that and they be giving free physicals with no money ?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do your guys know if you got a injury at any sports it is up to the doctor to say no to you or yes to you if he or she say yes you still can be on the sport team but you will have to see the school sport trainner everyday when you have to game or a meet or practice my school do that and they be giving free physicals with no money ?
I am sure all school sports programs have a protocol in place for dealing with injuries and having a doctors opinion when a student is recovered enough to continue to participate. However, even if a doctor tells you it is ok to continue playing, do not think that means it is ok to get concussions. Yes, you can heal from a concussion and then go back and continue to participate. But concussions leave a lasting injury that usually isn't obvious until years later, and if you get several concussions while you play in sports over several years, that just makes is worse. It is possible that you could have brain damage and dementia when you are in your 30s. The problem is, you won't know it is happening until you start to get symptoms, which may not happen for many years, and once that happens it is too late to avoid it or fix the damage that is already done.

You need to take care of yourself, and avoid getting head injuries, even if a doctor tells you it's ok to go back in and play again.

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am sure all school sports programs have a protocol in place for dealing with injuries and having a doctors opinion when a student is recovered enough to continue to participate. However, even if a doctor tells you it is ok to continue playing, do not think that means it is ok to get concussions. Yes, you can heal from a concussion and then go back and continue to participate. But concussions leave a lasting injury that usually isn't obvious until years later, and if you get several concussions while you play in sports over several years, that just makes is worse. It is possible that you could have brain damage and dementia when you are in your 30s. The problem is, you won't know it is happening until you start to get symptoms, which may not happen for many years, and once that happens it is too late to avoid it or fix the damage that is already done.

You need to take care of yourself, and avoid getting head injuries, even if a doctor tells you it's ok to go back in and play again.
But it is hard to not get a injuries in football or wrestling in wrestling they be putting you up and body slamming you on wrestling mats and in football you can get a injuries anyway like if you and some other people in the game go head to head and for wrestling anyway too .

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
But it is hard to not get a injuries in football or wrestling in wrestling they be putting you up and body slamming you on wrestling mats and in football you can get a injuries anyway like if you and some other people in the game go head to head and for wrestling anyway too .
You need to make your own decisions about what you do, but make those decisions with the understanding that these risks of injury are real, and can be severe. Just understand that. And then, I guess you make your own decision if you will do it. But I agree with your mom.

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You need to make your own decisions about what you do, but make those decisions with the understanding that these risks of injury are real, and can be severe. Just understand that. And then, I guess you make your own decision if you will do it. But I agree with your mom.
Ok I will thank about it what you have say and my mom say .

Latest Discussions