Me at taekwondo

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do your guys know if you got a injury at any sports it is up to the doctor to say no to you or yes to you if he or she say yes you still can be on the sport team but you will have to see the school sport trainner everyday when you have to game or a meet or practice my school do that and they be giving free physicals with no money ?
I don't think anyone is really telling you to stop playing football. I think that they want you to understand the risks and not take them lightly.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes easier said than done...
Yeah tell me about it. I repeat the phrase "keep that knee bent when in bow stance or you'll rotate that knee in it's socket, and then you'll be wondering why your knees hurt." I even take pictures and videos to show them the bad technique that's damaging their knee, but it doesn't help.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it. I repeat the phrase "keep that knee bent when in bow stance or you'll rotate that knee in it's socket, and then you'll be wondering why your knees hurt." I even take pictures and videos to show them the bad technique that's damaging their knee, but it doesn't help.

The knee does not have a socket...

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The knee does not have a socket...
yes you are correct. But it's the only way they can visualize what I'm trying to tell them not to do. Explaining this picture and everything that make it up knee and what actually tears, how it tears, and why it tears is not something that grabs their attention. Not trying to cover up ignorance. Just adding some context on why I say socket even though it's not correct.
images

I've had to a trap backfist like the arm movement at 0:21 in the video. I told them a trap backfist was like the dance I even did the part of the dance where the arm goes up. It was the only way that they could understand what they were seeing, even though that dance has none of the mechanics of a trap backfist. From there it was easier for them to shape that motion into a correct trap backfist than to explain it as the way I was taught.

OP
Michael Robinson

Michael Robinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I might stay in teakwondo for a little bit to see if I like it if I don't like it I might go the UFC gym one that do different programs and classes .

Latest Discussions