Mayweather vs McGregor

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was way before he had a kid, he only had his kid after ufc 200 this was between ufc 194 and 196

Oh hello! thought you were ignoring me. Hard isn't it to ignore me, I'm like your very annoying auntie. :)

Still if it wasn't a baby it could have been a lot of things, idiots in the gym during the day, publicity engagements, burn out, depression, basically anything. If he'd lost his 'work ethic' then he wouldn't have turned up late at night, who does that unless they really want to train. Life can make people crazy at the best of times, a life as a fighter even more so.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or it could mean that with a new baby his hours changed................
Agreed. Might be a change of priorities (I'd hope so) rather than a lack of work ethic. And a return to more intense training might just have been when the family got into a good rhythm.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Agreed. Might be a change of priorities (I'd hope so) rather than a lack of work ethic. And a return to more intense training might just have been when the family got into a good rhythm.
It wasn't about him having a kid as that didnt happen until way later than that fight

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is 28, that's very much a males physical peak, but the subtext is, he was resting hard and training soft

I didn't realise you were personally acquainted with him to know him so well that you can say that? You know his moods, his ideas, his hopes, fears and bowel movements too?

if John who is close to him didn't know, I very much doubt that you do and are just making a random judgement based on how much you dislike him therefore nothing can be good about him.

Isn't amazing how many people can tell from a great distance and from reading gossip what a man they've never met is doing and feeling! or perhaps you are reading tealeaves or tarot cards.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't realise you were personally acquainted with him to know him so well that you can say that? You know his moods, his ideas, his hopes, fears and bowel movements too?

if John who is close to him didn't know, I very much doubt that you do and are just making a random judgement based on how much you dislike him therefore nothing can be good about him.

Isn't amazing how many people can tell from a great distance and from reading gossip what a man they've never met is doing and feeling! or perhaps you are reading tealeaves or tarot cards.

And yet conversation is not about winning. Hmmmmmmm.........?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

i like him a great deal ,from a distance obviously, he to a large part lost that fight on fitness, at age 28 against a forty year old.
that seems to be a cold stone fact, why he wasn't fit enough is a,subject of interest to me. If you have another option that doesn't include him not training hard enough then id like to hear it?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like him a great deal ,from a distance obviously, he to a large part lost that fight on fitness, at age 28 against a forty year old.
that seems to be a cold stone fact, why he wasn't fit enough is a,subject of interest to me. If you have another option that doesn't include him not training hard enough then id like to hear it?

I know quite a few people who have lost fights to older people, fitness was never the issue because fitness alone doesn't win fights. I do wish though you'd pay attention though because I did post another reason someone, a doctor , had suggested for his 'gassing'. I don't know the truth of it but it's an interesting hypothesis. It could be that he over trained something I've seen fighters do before.
How to avoid overtraining in MMA
Overtraining fighters in mma - The overtraining epidemic
Are You Training Hard or Doing Too Much? The Signs of Overtraining - Fight Camp Conditioning -

I'm not saying that specifically it's anything over another but there are more things to consider than just 'oh he gassed, he's not fit.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know quite a few people who have lost fights to older people, fitness was never the issue because fitness alone doesn't win fights. I do wish though you'd pay attention though because I did post another reason someone, a doctor , had suggested for his 'gassing'. I don't know the truth of it but it's an interesting hypothesis. It could be that he over trained something I've seen fighters do before.
How to avoid overtraining in MMA
Overtraining fighters in mma - The overtraining epidemic
Are You Training Hard or Doing Too Much? The Signs of Overtraining - Fight Camp Conditioning -

I'm not saying that specifically it's anything over another but there are more things to consider than just 'oh he gassed, he's not fit.
he wasn't fit to fight 12rounds, that's a fact, he,struggled to get to 6, he may have lost anyway, but his lack of fitness made his loosing an inevitability

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Have you ever wrestled?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are arguing to win again. You keep saying you don't do it. Then just keep doing it.

Oh do go away and have a long talk with yourself. Only you would think it's about winning or losing. You have no idea what I'm thinking when I write anything, in fact I'm not sure you know what's in your mind when you are writing so don't get mardy with me, it's childish and only makes me laugh.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he wasn't fit to fight 12rounds, that's a fact, he,struggled to get to 6

Well you didn't read my links did you? You didn't have time before you posted that.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh do go away and have a long talk with yourself. Only you would think it's about winning or losing. You have no idea what I'm thinking when I write anything, in fact I'm not sure you know what's in your mind when you are writing so don't get mardy with me, it's childish and only makes me laugh.

No your mind is pretty predictable actually. Snarky comment. Get defensive. Deny everything. Claim you are not upset. Mention something about squaddies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No your mind is pretty predictable actually. Snarky comment. Get defensive. Deny everything. Claim you are not upset. Mention something about squaddies.

Ooo bitchy tonight aren't we? Not getting enough dearie? :D:D:D:D

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
its nearly two days since,she mentioned the army, she is playing the personal friend of CM card at the moment

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its nearly two days since,she mentioned the army, she is playing the personal friend of CM card at the moment

Ah cherie, I'm not a personal friend or even an acquaintance of Conor, which is actually my point, because none of us knows what his state of health or mind was/is. Of course all you big brave men know because well.... you're men .:D

Don't you two have some socks to wash or something?:asshat:

Latest Discussions