Mayweather vs McGregor

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please, keep the conversation polite and respectful.

-Brian R. VanCise
-MartialTalk Moderator-

Hi Brian how do we contact moderators privately if needed or have a private discussion with admin or mods.

I cant seem to find that function.

Is there a Forum "Post Message" (email) system and where is it?

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old people can kk. There isn't even face punching. It is good for you.
You don't know how lousy my cardio-pulmonary is right now, man. A bunch of injuries in the last year - none serious, but put together I keep running into limits on what I can do while each heals. A really slow 2-mile run is torture. An entirely new activity would send me right down the exercise-induced asthma path.

Yeah right now, I suck.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Brian how do we contact moderators privately if needed or have a private discussion with admin or mods.

I cant seem to find that function.

Is there a Forum "Post Message" (email) system and where is it?

If you go to the top of the page on the upper right you will see inbox. Start a conversation and input the moderator you want to send a message to.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi m8,

Yeah I see that but lets say I want to speak with you usually there is tab or icon on the avatar on the left or a post to reply button via PM on the bottom line in the post reply box.

Is that anywhere on this Forum that I missed, I'm looking but don't see it.

Thanks for reply though

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi m8,

Yeah I see that but lets say I want to speak with you usually there is tab or icon on the avatar on the left or a post to reply button via PM on the bottom line in the post reply box.

Is that anywhere on this Forum that I missed, I'm looking but don't see it.

Thanks for reply though
Tap their name, on the left. Then click "start a conversation ".

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If Conor ever fights Paulie it will be a decimation LoL

That guy is barely a Boxer yeah sure he can box not to Floyd standards though Conor would run over him first round for sure no doubt in my mind on that one.

Be good to see after their debacle though LoL
36 wins and 7 loses makes you barley a boxer...um okay...

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
36 wins and 7 loses makes you barley a boxer...um okay...

I just don't like Paulies style at all.

A few weeks back I sat for about an hour or so and watched his fights learning about him a little more.

In my opinion Conor with a little work and some serious study up on boxing will demolish boxing in 154 - 160Ibs divisions.

Keep in mind he went 10 rounds with Floyd the worlds best.

So we wait and see what really happens, we here are just speculating!

I have some reasons for my opinions.

Strengths:-

• Conor has good physical condition and of a top elite athlete and that was tested in a science lab recently.
  • Conor has great long range punching skills, with a good snap on the end due to good balance, technique and mobility
  • Conor has good loosening of his muscles and connecting ligaments due to good conditioning training
  • Conor has good knock out power that has been proven in UFC
  • Conor has good footwork mechanics with a spring in his step
  • Conor has good fight reading abilities and self analyzing skills and quick to evaluate and correct when he has the knowledge or solution
  • Conor is a fighter and a professional

Weaknesses:-

• Conor needs to do more work going 12 -15 rounds to build stamina he might need to avoid sex yes at least in the preparation and during the fight to an event, some say it builds testosterone levels that increase strength, I'm unsure here.
  • Conor needs to run on sand at the beach and swim more ( Iron Man Training)
  • Conor needs to learn the mechanics of Boxing in close quarter range and conserve energy by doing so
  • Conor needs to learn to be crisp in the close quarter range
  • Conor needs to learn to tuck in and strike from those angles hitting areas that wear the body down
  • Conor needs to think like a Boxer and know the Rules and practice the brain switch from MMA to Boxing in practice and theory so all is kept within muscle memory
These are some quick thoughts straight off the cuff that I came up with just now ( not a deep analysis but a general idea of where my thoughts are at based on what I have read and seen on youtube etc)

If say all this is worked out watch-out, Conor will clean up two divisions in Boxing as well.

All this can be done in a few months not years with the right coaching and knowledge

So watch what happens if he decides too or is allowed.

In my opinion he should rule in both sports but it all comes down to his contract requirements with the UFC he is legally bound to it.

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my opinion Conor with a little work and some serious study up on boxing will demolish boxing in 154 - 160Ibs divisions.

No way

I love Conor in mma but in boxing Canelo, Cotto, Triple G And others are far better.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
No way

I love Conor in mma but in boxing Canelo, Cotto, Triple G And others are far better.
Agreed the boxing champions have been boxing all their life. Mcgregor may have boxed a little in his early days but since then he's been all mma. He hasn't even cleaned up mma there's still loads of people for him to fight

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score

A few weeks back I sat for about an hour or so and watched his fights learning about him a little more.

• Conor has good physical condition and of a top elite athlete and that was tested in a science lab recently.
  • Conor has great long range punching skills, with a good snap on the end due to good balance, technique and mobility
  • Conor has good loosening of his muscles and connecting ligaments due to good conditioning training
  • Conor has good fight reading abilities and self analyzing skills and quick to evaluate and correct when he has the knowledge or solution

• Conor needs to do more work going 12 -15 rounds to build stamina he might need to avoid sex yes at least in the preparation and during the fight to an event, some say it builds testosterone levels that increase strength, I'm unsure here.
  • Conor needs to learn the mechanics of Boxing in close quarter range and conserve energy by doing so
  • Conor needs to learn to tuck in and strike from those angles hitting areas that wear the body down
  • Conor needs to think like a Boxer and know the Rules and practice the brain switch from MMA to Boxing in practice and theory so all is kept within muscle memory
These are some quick thoughts straight off the cuff that I came up with just now ( not a deep analysis but a general idea of where my thoughts are at based on what I have read and seen on youtube etc)

If say all this is worked out watch-out, Conor will clean up two divisions in Boxing as well.

All this can be done in a few months not years with the right coaching and knowledge

In my opinion he should rule in both sports but it all comes down to his contract requirements with the UFC he is legally bound to it.
Soooo...you're main analysis is

Strengths
Good condition

Weakness:
Needs to work on his conditioning...

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

So you don't like him so that makes him barely a boxer...um no.
And well done you sat on your *** watching tv...great use of your time lol. Mayweather was the best but by the time he fought mayweather he wasn't. Mayweather hadn't fought in 2 years and is 40 years old and still destroyed mcgregor if mayweather was in his prime it'd be over even quicker. He didnt do well at all mayweather literally played with him and did everything he wanted to him.

Lol he's an amateur boxer that's all he is any legit pro would put him down easily and he knows it, he's never going to box again he got his 30 million he got what he wanted.

Wow you know how much sex the guy has before fights....that's a bit weird tbh

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well you guys missed the "Speculation" part of my post LoL

I'm a fan and I'm going on my gut feeling with this guy and choosing to believe in him - Conor McGregor

It is my personal opinion and I never asked anybody to support my opinion its my free will to decide! LoL

I think he has great potential and with his team SBG Ireland and the vision they have

*John Kavanghs Book - Win or Learn: MMA, Conor McGregor and Me: A Trainer's Journey eBook: John Kavanagh: Amazon.com.au: Kindle Store

All depends how UFC Dana White agrees with all this based on their contractual agreements of course.

But I'm sticking with the belief that Conor can rise to the top fairly quickly if he works at it of course and is allowed under UFC, or if he even wants to........ ;)

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why do you dislike me asking what fights you watched?

It was a pretty simple question

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
After thinking about it. Conor v Paulie might be a fun fight to watch.

It's one Conor could win and then return to mma.

But there is a big difference in fighting a career lightweight/welterweight at the end of his career and fighting the top middleweights in the division.

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I really dont know why some people are not aware of the fact that this is all about money.

Latest Discussions