Martial talker you'd most like to train with

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've learned a lot here at martial talk. I've been blown away by some extremely insightful stuff that has made me aware that if I ever got the chance to train with some of the people who post here regularly I'd jump at it. Here is a very imcomplete list of people who I would love to train with Hung Gar-RHD, Weapons with Tulisan, Rich Parsons, MMA with Andrew Green, Reality stuff with Mark Weiser, of course any and all of the kenpo seniors like Dennis Conatser, IKCA kenpo with B.D. Parsons and a guy who has really made me think, Paul Genge, who teaches systema. People who I'd love to work out with no matter what we were training-Flatlander. Who would you like to someday train with, learn from, attend one of their seminars? I think we should show some appreciation for the tremendous depth of knowledge on this forum, and let people know how much their opinions are respected and how much they are worth to us. So who would you train with, if you could?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a nice thing you mention. This is one of the main reasons I sign up for Martial Talks.com. As you get older,you realize knowledge can come from anywhere. Lesson in life happens everyday. Everyone who shares something..will offer someone a valuable (lesson,thoughts, knowledge,technique,and information) . I like all of them so far! Great stuffs everybody.....Aloha

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm... two people come to mind right off the bat.

Lonecoyote - for starting this thread (good idea), and because he wants to train with me; generally I like to train with people who want to train with me. :ultracool

Stickdummy - But not in what you'd think. If I remember correctly, according to Seig in another thread some time ago, Stickdummy is very good at tactical shooting. Right now I am on fire to train and improve my tactical shooting skills.

But really, I could benefit from training with anyone, whether or not I am the teacher or student. I always benefit from seeing what others have, and I always try to learn something myself every time I teach.

So, if any of you are in my area, feel free to call me; and if I am in your area, have me call you... :uhyeah:

PJMOD

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to say either gmunoz or limeydog or both together.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk
Ceicei ... wait a tic, I am training with her... sort of :D
J. Farnsworth
Seig

and a host of others :D :asian:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been very fortunate to have been able to meet and train with a host of people off of MT...Rich Parsons, Technopunk(John), jfarnsworth(Mr. Farnsworth), KenpoDot(Dot), Goldendragon07(Mr. Conatser), Blindside(Mr. Glass), True2Kenpo(Mr. Ryer), and train with Seig, Tess, Fuzzy, Rusty, Thanatos, kstokes, StickDummy, and StickDummy Jr. on a daily basis.

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is a heap of Kenpo people I would love to meet and train with, I hear really good things about Jason (JFarnsworth), and Chad (Chronuss) would be fun to train with, I know very little about Kenpo but from conversations I have had with some people I would be very keen to learn more.

Also all the ladies are just so cool and talented that I would be honoured to train with any of them.

I am however lucky enough to train with Raisin (Raewyn), Chefs (Derek) and Homy, they are all fantastic, helpful people.....and Homy who is a BB is an extremely talented MA'ist and loads of fun

bdparsons

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lonecoyote,

Much appreciated. If you're ever gonna be passing through the Raleigh, NC area let me know.

Respects,
Bill Parsons
Triangle Kenpo Institute

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
I've been very fortunate to have been able to meet and train with a host of people off of MT...Rich Parsons, Technopunk(John), jfarnsworth(Mr. Farnsworth), KenpoDot(Dot), Goldendragon07(Mr. Conatser), Blindside(Mr. Glass), True2Kenpo(Mr. Ryer), and train with Seig, Tess, Fuzzy, Rusty, Thanatos, kstokes, StickDummy, and StickDummy Jr. on a daily basis.
You are truly fortunate, Chad. :asian:

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd like to check out Guro Rich Parsons, PJMOD, SM Dan Anderson, thekuntawman, Datu Tim Hartman, tshadowchaser, hardheadjarhead, Dale Seago, Doc (the Mad Kenpo Scientist), and I would gladly grab my cup and go visit Mountaineer Martial Arts and train with all the good folks down there.

lonecoyote, I am honoured, but undeserving of such. I am a simple student. :asian:

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sin said:
PPKO

cause I would like to trade knowledge with him first hand...
Thank you, the ones that first come to mind are sara and raisin just because we seem to get along very well but I would be willing to train with anyone and I am open to anyone training with me.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I get to train with TXBB so he's out, but Disco MichTKD, ppko. flatlander, Tigerwoman,kempotess,just to name a few, there are houndreds that are to many to name... Anybody that is willing to train I'm always open

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hesitated to jump in on this as there are so many talented people on this board and so many arts its hard to just pick a few people. We all have the passion and drive to better ourselves or we wouldn't be here on MT. I would be willing to train with anybody if its a learning experience. But for TKD, I would most like to train with Terry and Hardheadjarhead as I have gotten to know them the most from their posts. And of course, all the ladies, we would have a fabulous time training together! But we would, seriously, have to restrain ourselves from talking and that might be too hard now! Kenpo Mama, you could teach me Yoga anytime! For that matter Kenpo too! Sigh! we are too spread apart. TW

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Guys,

Don't train with me, I dont know what the hell I am doing...

Id like to train with Dale Seago, Don Rolley, and some other guys in the Ninjutsu section...

If I was studying Kempo Id wanna train with Seig and Goldendragon...

SheSulsa can teach me some more JinShin...

And really, I'd party with most any of you... :)

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
I hesitated to jump in on this as there are so many talented people on this board and so many arts its hard to just pick a few people. We all have the passion and drive to better ourselves or we wouldn't be here on MT. I would be willing to train with anybody if its a learning experience. But for TKD, I would most like to train with Terry and Hardheadjarhead as I have gotten to know them the most from their posts. And of course, all the ladies, we would have a fabulous time training together! But we would, seriously, have to restrain ourselves from talking and that might be too hard now! Kenpo Mama, you could teach me Yoga anytime! For that matter Kenpo too! Sigh! we are too spread apart. TW
Hey TW - wow i'm honored to even be mentioned! I'd love to take a lesson or two in TKD from you for sure! I agree all of the women on this board are just terrific people as well as martial artists! We all have a lot to learn from eachother. I've been fortunate enough to train with some fab kenpoists on this board - like pete, mj-hi-yah, kenpo tiger, dragongirl, cb2379, ekimopnek, gosh i hope i didn't miss anyone! All i have to say is - So many arts - so little time! It would be great to just travel around and visit everyone - but like TW said - we're so far away - oh and then a little thing like "WORK" gets in the way! Yuck!

Good Journey to you all!

Donna :ultracool

Latest Discussions