Martial talker you'd most like to train with

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a few of the people who post here that I would love to get to spend some time with and study with for a while

Rich Parsons

Arthur

Dan Anderson

Seig, Tess

Tim Hartman

Dan Bowman

7starmantis

Joe Shuras

Jon Bishop

Robert Rouuselot

Don Roley

and as for the partys it would be nice to party with the majority of the people who are on this forum

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
I hesitated to jump in on this as there are so many talented people on this board and so many arts its hard to just pick a few people. We all have the passion and drive to better ourselves or we wouldn't be here on MT. I would be willing to train with anybody if its a learning experience. But for TKD, I would most like to train with Terry and Hardheadjarhead as I have gotten to know them the most from their posts. And of course, all the ladies, we would have a fabulous time training together! But we would, seriously, have to restrain ourselves from talking and that might be too hard now! Kenpo Mama, you could teach me Yoga anytime! For that matter Kenpo too! Sigh! we are too spread apart. TW
Thanks TW I'm ever so humble to be even named with the likes of so many people here on this forum. believe me when I say I would learn alot from everybody here at MT. and I would party with the rest of you!!!!
smileJap.gif

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The party sentiment seems to be spreading...

I think Kaith needs to rent the Ballroom at a Hotel and schedule a big Martialtalk bash...

He could sell tickets to cover the cost of the room!

Hmmmmm. Hmmmmm.

PARTY! PARRRRTYYYY!

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
There's too many people on this board I'd like to train with if I could. If I started listing names, I'm sure I'd forget someone whom I would have wanted to have mentioned.

So I'll just say: Ditto- to all the above, and all the following posts. :D

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmmm...great topic...and let's just make sure we get the order right and train then party....otherwise things could get ugly...

i don't really want to name names...but i'm gonna...

hardheadjarhead - the first time I came here I saw his "arts and ranks" and was really intrigued on how he incorporated things from arnis into TKD...

TigerWoman - us minnesotans got to stick together, dontcha know?

MichiganTKD - no-nonsense, and i like that

RRouuselot - seems incredibly well informed from the posts i've read. I also have a friend that trains in Oyata's style, (Ryute renmei or something)....

I'd also like to try some flavor kali or arnis and get a feel for how that works...

Any of you kenpo/kempo( and offshoots ) people as well...I was going to start naming names but there are like a million of you on the board so consider yourselves included...this is one art, along with arnis and kali, that i've never really had exposure too...I've got a pretty solid grounding I think but it would be interesting to work with some of you people on those things....

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya betcha - Bignick! See I knew I would forget somebody too, but if I played with you I probably would be that mosquito smack on the wall if I didn't hustle. I think I would need reinforcements. Where are the other women in TKD? :D TW

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
my class is nothing but ladies...two guys and about a dozen or more young women...

just goes to show which of the sexes is really the violent one :wink:

by the way...don't feel to bad about being the mosquito (obviously we're minnesotans, using mosquito analogies)....about a year ago, when i tested for third gup...I got chewed out by the testing instructor (also a woman) for not using my power and pulling things...I'm a nice guy...so in class i don't want to hurt anybody...

Ever since then...my power has increased probably ten fold...it's gotten to the point where I do actually need to restrain myself or I will hurt someone...good times

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I used to train with mostly guys and now that I can hit hard most of the class turns out to be ladies now. So I'm back to not hitting hard unless I spar with the two huge guys which is seldom now. TW

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Oh...I also wouldn't mind seeing what Hollywood's whipwork is like...
It would be my pleasure. If you're ever in the Big Sky Country, stop by and say hello! Same goes for all the others who wish to learn ;) Or teach for that matter :asian:

Hmm...hard question. But tops on my list is The Goldenone. And his cohorts across the board. Pesilat, as I missed our whip play date this last spring...woah...big question. *thinks*

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, I dream of a multi-day MT extravaganza where we all get to train with each other. I like to try to learn something from everybody. Sounds like I've got a lot to learn.

Techno - how's that Jin Shin coming, btw?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maltair said:
Caver- Cause I want to try caving :)

Awww, I'd teach any of ya'll caving. Utah is the place to come to - to do it. Fun thing is... any time of the year... if you can handle the long drives that it sometimes takes to do it. Heh heh.

Ya'll teach me and I'll teach you. Dats a fact jack and jackies!
:asian:

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hollywood1340 said:
It would be my pleasure. If you're ever in the Big Sky Country, stop by and say hello! Same goes for all the others who wish to learn ;) Or teach for that matter :asian:

Hmm...hard question. But tops on my list is The Goldenone. And his cohorts across the board. Pesilat, as I missed our whip play date this last spring...woah...big question. *thinks*

That reminds me...wouldn't mind seeing pesilat's whip work firsthand as well.

:ultracool

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sorry I was in a rush yesterday so here are some more Brian Johns,and Dan Anderson. I have trained with Mr. Johns and he is great I would love to have Mr. Anderson show me some stick work as well.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Goldendragon - For continued Kenpo knowledge. :)
Doc - So I could see, feel, and understand his Kenpo curriculum. :)
TCJitsu - Even though he only lurks he is a very exceptional talented grappler.
MichiganTKD - Again, for his no B.S. attitude! :uhyeah:
Bob White - More indepth fighting experience :)
Couldn't forget my big brother Rich Parsons. :uhyeah: I'm sure Rich could beat me around a bit and teach me some stick and knife work.
Off of the top of my head.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Thank you everyone who mentioned my name and interest in training with me. If anyone is in the South East / Mid Michigan Area(s) just let me know and I will see what I can do about stopping by and or meeting anyone.

As to who I would train would like to train with:
1) This will seem wierd, I would like to train most with those that I have disagreed most with on this forum and others. Not for some masculine contest of who is better, but to see the different philosphies and approaches, and see what I can learn and or teach in return.

2) I also like to train with anyone who is willing to train. Hence my offer above, or if you know I will be in your area, let me know.

Peace

Latest Discussions