Martial talker you'd most like to train with

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Ya betcha - Bignick! See I knew I would forget somebody too, but if I played with you I probably would be that mosquito smack on the wall if I didn't hustle. I think I would need reinforcements. Where are the other women in TKD? :D TW

Hey, I'm a Minnesotan! Well, sorta, I only live a little behind the chedder curtain. Just over the bridge in Duluth...where going to Lambough field absolves you from going to church for about a year.

By the way, I have a most excellent flying eagle uberdragon mosquito slap!

upnorthkyosa

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
And really, I'd party with most any of you... :)
so...when're you coming back down? :D we go to another establishment besides McDonald's, I promise, preferably one that serves alcohol. :D

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
You are truly fortunate, Chad. :asian:
I feel very lucky to have been to train with many people whose knowledge FAR exceeds mine. meeting some very senior Kenpo people at the Boston IKC's made me have the same feeling.

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
1. The queen of Pain . . . . Just because her nickname interest me
and a toss up between
1/2 The Goldendragon because I have heard some rumors (on the good side) about how good a sparer he is.

1/2 Mr. Bob White because of the quality fighters that he turns out.

I will put out this invitation again anyone traveling to Honolulu, HI drop me a line and bring your Gi regardless of Rank or Style. No vacation is complete without a little banging.

V/R

Rick

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
so...when're you coming back down? :D we go to another establishment besides McDonald's, I promise, preferably one that serves alcohol. :D
<shrug> Dunno man... I considered swinging back thru there on my bike, but now Its gettin cold, so If I go anywhere on it, its gotta be someplace warm...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Dunno man... I considered swinging back thru there on my bike, but now Its gettin cold, so If I go anywhere on it, its gotta be someplace warm...
I can see the logic in that. ;) we go to an establishment that serves the proper beverage, that'd keep ya warm. :drinkbeer

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
I've learned a lot here at martial talk. I've been blown away by some extremely insightful stuff that has made me aware that if I ever got the chance to train with some of the people who post here regularly I'd jump at it. Here is a very imcomplete list of people who I would love to train with Hung Gar-RHD, Weapons with Tulisan, Rich Parsons, MMA with Andrew Green, Reality stuff with Mark Weiser, of course any and all of the kenpo seniors like Dennis Conatser, IKCA kenpo with B.D. Parsons and a guy who has really made me think, Paul Genge, who teaches systema. People who I'd love to work out with no matter what we were training-Flatlander. Who would you like to someday train with, learn from, attend one of their seminars? I think we should show some appreciation for the tremendous depth of knowledge on this forum, and let people know how much their opinions are respected and how much they are worth to us. So who would you train with, if you could?
Id like to train with flatlander because I seem to agree with all of his statements.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick Wade said:
1. The queen of Pain . . . . Just because her nickname interest me
and a toss up between
1/2 The Goldendragon because I have heard some rumors (on the good side) about how good a sparer he is.

1/2 Mr. Bob White because of the quality fighters that he turns out.

I will put out this invitation again anyone traveling to Honolulu, HI drop me a line and bring your Gi regardless of Rank or Style. No vacation is complete without a little banging.

V/R

Rick

*evil grin*

O

OC Kid

Doc Chappell
Josh (true2kempo)
R Rousseltt for his Japanese knowledge

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would like to train with many of the members here at MT, the trading of ideas, and knowledge would be great.

My list consists of:
Datu Puti
Golden Dragon
Bob White
Doc
Frank Trejo
Rich Parsons
Jaybacca
Roland

It probbly would have been easier to make a list of who I wouldn't want to train with, but it would be a small list.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
ppko and RRousselot because they both seem very knowledgeable and willing to share info, but disagree a lot. Also, I love Japan - been there twice. Sarah and Raisin and Chronuss because I want to meet them for their good senses of humor and I want to see New Zealand. I've only been on MT a couple of months so there will probably be more once I read more posts.

Of course, from spending time in The Study, there are some I'd like to spar with! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. :)

B

blackbeltedbeauty

Sarah said:
Im always up for a party.....

Now I just need the plane ticket!

Amen to THAT Sarah!

I always thought it'd be cool if there could be a big martial artists only party.

Anyway, as to who I'd train with, I already train with 9RingsSensei (he's really good, folks). I'd Love to train with Kunoichi. He sounds really cool and has an awesome ninja outfit! :ninja: I'd love to see if I could beat him up. Lol Nah, he'd make a cool training partner too.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have had the good fortune to have Mr. Conatser and Seig as my EPAK Instructors.
StickDummy ( Pete Reiff) as my FMA instructor, sure wish I has his energy and ability~!!

I'm oh so lucky to be able to beat on Chronuss whenever the desire ~!

Jason Farnsworth -he's fast and alot of Fun~!!

Blindside (Lamont Glass) has alot of fantastic training drills and wow can he move ~!

Rich Parsons can move a pair of chopsticks with the best of 'em *G* would like to see him paired up with Stickdummy and Seig ;)

I would like to train with many MT'ers' and think each would offer something of their own whatever the Art~!

To many names to mention~!

~Tess

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sarah said:
There is a heap of Kenpo people I would love to meet and train with, I hear really good things about Jason (JFarnsworth), and Chad (Chronuss) would be fun to train with, I know very little about Kenpo but from conversations I have had with some people I would be very keen to learn more.

Also all the ladies are just so cool and talented that I would be honoured to train with any of them.

I am however lucky enough to train with Raisin (Raewyn), Chefs (Derek) and Homy, they are all fantastic, helpful people.....and Homy who is a BB is an extremely talented MA'ist and loads of fun
You are too kind!!!!!

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Xequat said:
ppko and RRousselot because they both seem very knowledgeable and willing to share info, but disagree a lot. Also, I love Japan - been there twice. Sarah and Raisin and Chronuss because I want to meet them for their good senses of humor and I want to see New Zealand. I've only been on MT a couple of months so there will probably be more once I read more posts.

Of course, from spending time in The Study, there are some I'd like to spar with! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. :)
Would be great to met ya!!!!

R

RHD

lonecoyote said:
I've learned a lot here at martial talk. I've been blown away by some extremely insightful stuff that has made me aware that if I ever got the chance to train with some of the people who post here regularly I'd jump at it. Here is a very imcomplete list of people who I would love to train with Hung Gar-RHD, Weapons with Tulisan, Rich Parsons, MMA with Andrew Green, Reality stuff with Mark Weiser, of course any and all of the kenpo seniors like Dennis Conatser, IKCA kenpo with B.D. Parsons and a guy who has really made me think, Paul Genge, who teaches systema. People who I'd love to work out with no matter what we were training-Flatlander. Who would you like to someday train with, learn from, attend one of their seminars? I think we should show some appreciation for the tremendous depth of knowledge on this forum, and let people know how much their opinions are respected and how much they are worth to us. So who would you train with, if you could?

Thanks for the props Lonecoyote, you can train with me anytime. :ultracool

Mike

Latest Discussions