Martial Arts Needs perfecting

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Judo-kid

I have fought people in diffrent MA and yes they all claim to be able take me out with a fast knock out kick / punch etc , The truth

Judo-kid
They telling you that they could knock you out. Is like calling a home run shot in baseball. If you do it, people will say he is great. If the guy strikes out the guy is arrogant and all wash up. In fact there have been several knock out in the UFC How about Pete Williams Knocking out Mark Colman with kick to the face. First time anyone knock someone with a kick in the UFC. UFC 2 forgot the guys names but jujutsu guy from swizerland fought this little kickboxer guy. The jujutsu guy was in side mount and threw about 5 elbows. But you could see clearly that the first one knock him out. UFC 32 BJ Penn knockout Caol Uno in matter of seconds. He also did this to Chris Thomas(I believe that was his name) in another fight. I could go on, but the thing is knockouts do happen even in the UFC.

Judo-kid good luck with your UFC training. I wish the UFC came around much sooner I would probably would be doing also.
Bob :D

OP
F

fissure

Judo-kid, I have been reading your responces in many forims.I think the problem you are having is when you make statements in terms of absolutes.You say things like always and every.This type of termanology leaves little rom for debate. It comes across as 'all knowing' and hostile.This especially true when you debate MAists with FAR more experiance than you.Remember that because one guy in any particular stlye did some thing, or you had a certain result against him, it does'nt meen you now have the inside track on that system.
Good luck.

OP
K

Kirk

The TRUTH is that non of the poeple could back up what they say . TALK is Cheap and not many people can back theirs up. Its easy online to say in a real fight your gonna do what you say

what i am trying to say is you cant really say that you can throw a punch and knock someone out in a real fight because you dont know. You can t really say like all you kenpo people are saying.

Well tell ya what. Why don't you go to your local EPAK school.
Tell him you think that Kenpo, with it's use of forms, and it's
emphasis on striking, that you think it's ineffective. Tell him that
you've beaten black belts, and that you'd like to spar in his
school. Tell him you'll sign whatever waiver he wants you to sign,
because we both know .. suing for getting hurt is for wimps
anyways. See how well you fair against one of HIS black belts.

OP
F

fissure

Kirk:
you've beaten black belts
I think he said his assumptions where bassed apon beating some very scary and deadly GREEN belts.;)

OP
M

Master of Blades

LOL............god that made me laugh. Whoo. Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah. Judo Kid, not ALL Kenpo people may be right, but Im damn sure there are a few people who do styles you may find **** that will kick your *** from here to high heaven. It also seems to me that your intentions ford doing Martial Arts are completly screwed up. You may not mean to but your basically challenging loads of people here. And in answer to your statement the reason the guys with no experiance usally do better then you think is cuz there unpredictubal. You get used to your style and end up sort of half and half knowing what your opponant will do but when you come up against someone who hasnt done any fighting you tend to fall for things you wouldnt normally.

OP
D

Deathtrap101

Originally posted by fissure

Kirk:
I think he said his assumptions where bassed apon beating some very scary and deadly GREEN belts.;)

Hey! those green belts are pretty scary....But i beat one :D(Im only yellow)

OP
J

J-kid

Its true i do come across wrong, But i dont mean the stuff i am saying in a disrespectful manner most of the time. Its just how it is veiwed i usally am thinking this is just a statment and not a cocky half way comment, Consider this. - I really am not trying to insault anyone but i put some of my veiws in the open seeing what people will say. And last of all think of what i am saying both ways there is always a good and bad version if you take a comment. Its great so many of you have shared your thoughts,

Your friend Judo-Kid {PS} you gotta admit i got guts

OP
F

fissure

you gotta admit i got guts
O.K. I'll give you that!
In my first post in response to another of your threads I tore into you a bit.Since then I have tempered my posts somewhat.I think you are coming to the understanding that your 'tone' may not be helping you.What I first saw as a young kid "mouthing off", I now think is someone honestly looking for answers.Again IMO, you need to find a mentor to help you find what you are looking for.This could be one of your current instructors, but it seems as though you may need to find someone with interests more inline with your own goals, only farther along thier path.
As to my last post, I find it very hard to pass up a chance at humor!:EG:

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really don't want to get in any type of argument, but I will say this one thing. If you are looking for a good "street fighting" skill that ecompases every aspect. Look no further than JKD. That is why Bruce Lee developed it. It is totaly rounded, and "perfect" for street combat.
However, I must say this...to truly understand MA, ( and I can't speak for anything except Chinese martial arts I guess) you cannot base it on combat. That is not the reason to learn or study any MA, I believe.

Just my humble opinion, I've studied many CMA and JKD.

7sm

OP
S

sweeper

the only problem I have with JKD is the lack of emphasis on weapons.. well I guess that's more the Jun Fan aspect of it.. But than again neither does MMA

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Now my QUESTION why dont people try to inprove alot of martial arts

Give me your input this is not ment to afend anyone .

Maybe because after 30 - 40 years of pratice they suddenly understand the things they have been working on, and that they really work, they just needed time to understand.

But I could be wrong since I've only worked on it for a little bit over 20 years...

/Yari

OP
M

Master of Blades

I will say you got guts, but you wanna watch it cuz the way your going your guts are gonna get kicked in by those scary "black" belts you been chatting about! :D

Latest Discussions