Marines warned to be careful where they, er, vent.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
sometimes I think they make the offenses up as they go....

Alas, there have been vast cultural differences in the world. I first heard about oddities when 'United Colors of Benetton' had to pull some ads in the 1980s...one country objected to something like newborns, another to kids sticking their tongue out (cute picture btw) on religious grounds that prohibited inner organs to be seen...
ohh well...
I guess the Marines won't get any navy beans then....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ehhh....is there any culture where farting is considered polite? I don't think there is. But still....biology is biology...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ehhh....is there any culture where farting is considered polite? I don't think there is. But still....biology is biology...

Actually good old Martin Luther, the original one, not the King one, was quoted questioning guests of his 'Why don't you burp and fart, did you not enjoy your meal?'

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Never mind massacring people for corrupt politics. That's not offensive. Typical government BS.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually good old Martin Luther, the original one, not the King one, was quoted questioning guests of his 'Why don't you burp and fart, did you not enjoy your meal?'

HA! I think that got sanitized a bit when it made its way over here. I knew about the burping but not the other end. :lol:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
HA! I think that got sanitized a bit when it made its way over here. I knew about the burping but not the other end. :lol:

ah, yes, it was a colorful time back then...:D

another famous contemporary of his was reputed to tell his liege to basically KMA.... ^_^

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I`m thinking that whomever created this rule hasn`t ever spent more than overnight in the feild. You spend a week eating MREs and then try not to fart.....You`ll explode.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are cultural differences that are not fully appreciated by those of us worlds away. It is very serious stuff.

All I can say to the Afghanis is this -

Last edited by a moderator:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are cultural differences that are not fully appreciated by those of us worlds away. It is very serious stuff.

All I can say to the Afghanis is this -

yeah, afghan people don't fart.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just to prove that, no matter how educated or 'cultured' you try to become, it is hard to beat a prat-fall or a fart joke for releasing gales of laughter:

[yt]09abF7ZUNnk[/yt]

Perhaps what is needed is to send the Afghani's 'educational' videos of this ilk to improve their cultural diversity?

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why has nobody else posted this gem of cinematic history?

Considering some of the stuff that gets aired without a second thought, I've never understood why this got edited. What a waste.

Latest Discussions