Man shoots armed intruders

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
raedyn said:
I would agree that the thread has gotten heated and that perhaps it has lost its usefulness. However, I think it would be unfair to blame the entire thing on one individual that contributed to it. This was a joint effort.
raedyn,

Yes it was, that is a very good observation, I for one thank you...

Regards, Gary

I

ipscshooter

michaeledward said:
Your curiousity suits you well, young padawan. Use that curiousity to read the other articles referenced throughout the thread. See if these additional sources of information begin to paint a clearer picture in your mind.
  • Note the time line in the articles.
  • Are there changes in the reports between the first reports, and later reports?
  • What do you think changes in the reports over time indicate (if they exist)?
  • Is there any reason to believe the 'precise' nature of one report over another report (i.e. police report versus NRA news report)?
And be careful not to draw conclusions that betray your prejudices, young padawan.
First, I am not your padawan. Never have been. Never will be. If I were, I would find another master as your pomposity and condescension are quite offensive.

I had read all of the linked articles. The only one remotely supporting your contention is the police press release. The others say things like "the homeowner opened fire during a burglary" and "the homeowner shot one in the face and the others quickly fled." I suspect the "and" in the police press release is where the "disconnect" occured, as all the other reports differ from the press release, but are consistent with each other. Further, you took the "he shot to stop them" out of the context of the paragraph. I don't think, taken in context, that your interpretation is any more likely than the interpretation of virtually every other participant in this discussion.

Compare these two conclusions for greater relevance:
  • Shooting commmenced prior to fleeing - therefore - District attorney decides not to press charges
  • Home invader/gun shot victim is an escaped convict - therefore - District attorney decides not to press charges
Which is more likely do you think? Of course, these are not the only possible reasons for the District Attorney's choice.
Frankly, the prior is far more likely. You have been operating under the assumption that four escaped convicts would simply run when confronted by a homeowner returning home. I don't believe they would run at the mere sight of the homeowner. If they thought he had a wallet, with a little cash in it, they'd try to get that too. Hey, they outnumber him 4 to 1. They ran after he started firing. That's why the guy was hit in the face. Your interpretation of the events stretches credulity.